What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goliath - Amazon Original Series - Billy Bob Thorton (1 Viewer)

Tiger Fan

Footballguy
Trailer

Binge watched it in 2 days and I loved it.  Was shocked it only has a 76% rating at Rotten Tomatoes. Wanted to start the thread to discuss :tinfoilhat:

From Wikipedia -  The show received generally favorable reviews, scoring a 64 out of 100 on Metacritic based on 25 critics.[15] Rotten Tomatoes gave the first season a 78% 'Certified Fresh' rating based on 32 reviews, with a weighted average score of 6/10 and the general consensus "Compelling performances from an excellent cast—led by standout Billy Bob Thornton—propel David E. Kelley's Goliath into must-watch TV territory

Starting watching a few nights ago and now I'm in full binge watching mode. Great show with a really good cast of characters.

binge watched in a day - great cast

debating whether to spend time on the second season of Man in the High Castle

Oh an Amazon how about some more of Sneaky Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Binged watched this back in October.  I have to say, I was a little underwhelmed with the ending of Season 1 but i liked it enough to give it a shot if it ever gets a Season 2. 

The one thing that bothered me with the last episode was this:

I'm pretty sure the whole "confession" that Thorton got by the CEO was illegally obtained....no?

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. California makes it a crime to record or eavesdrop on any confidential communication, including a private conversation or telephone call, without the consent of all parties to the conversation. See Cal. Penal Code § 632.

2 episodes in.  2nd episode was a little slow, but ended solid.  Will keep watching, BBT does a great job in this character. 

Not really sure what to think of Cooperman and his clicker.  At first it wasn't bad, now it is just annoying. 

2nd season out. Watched it over the weekend. Not sure how I felt about it, especially the final episode. Don't want to spoil too much. Billy Bob is the man though, and enjoy seeing him work. 

Just found this show after a friend recommended it to me.  Watched the first 2 episodes so far, and I am hooked.  Sounds from some posts above that it may not hold up through 2nd season.  But I am in at this point.  That ending to the second episode was  :shock: .

I thought for the first 6.5 episodes it was phenomenal...so dark...excellent acting (thought Duplass was outstanding) all around...great story.....

But something is just bothering me about the 2nd half of episode 7

Clearly, Billy is holed up in that Mexican house by Gabriel's guys.  Throughout the entire season, Gabriel has ties to guys that are ruthless, pointed, and get the job done.  A few examples (1) killing Roman's family and the cop that was supposed to watching them (2) Killing Julio in jail.

How are we supposed to believe that a 60+ year old lawyer and a 40+ year old lady in platform shoes are going to get away from some of Gabriel's guys in his own hometown?  Just stupid.

There could've been countless ways for him to get out that was more plausible....right?

But I thought episode 8 was great.

Still a solid B+ in my book, but anything different in episode 7, I would've given in an A+.

parasaurolophus said:
Season 2 was god awful. We loved season 1.
Loved season 1. Gave up on Season 2 halfway through. I didn't care about the new characters, there wasn't enough of a role for the blond and hot Latina and there wasn't enough Billy Bob. Also, was there any courtroom drama in the season? Just a mess, imo.

Loved season 1. Gave up on Season 2 halfway through. I didn't care about the new characters, there wasn't enough of a role for the blond and hot Latina and there wasn't enough Billy Bob. Also, was there any courtroom drama in the season? Just a mess, imo.
Pretty much sums it up. So freakin weird too with the fettish/limb chopping stuff

Pretty much sums it up. So freakin weird too with the fettish/limb chopping stuff
I read a recap on the season to see what happens at the end and wound up fast forwarding to the one scene in the finale. So weird. I hope it's a normal story in Season 3. Not sure if I'll be back yet though.

Loved season 1...BBT was made for this role.

And I may or may have not had imaginary relations with Latina hooker chick.

I finished season 1 and enjoyed it for the most part.  Decent story line.  BBT is great and makes it worth the watch.  Cooperman is weird and creepy.  I almost stopped watching after he lured Lucy up to his office and greeted her in the nude, but I powered through it.  I was a little disappointed in the courtroom stuff...weak case presented...was getting crushed at every turn, but somehow persuaded the jury with that weak ### closing argument, I guess.  OK, fine...it is a TV show, but it could have been much better.  

I'm very late to the party, but just finished watching both seasons.

Loved it (season 1 more than season 2.  I love courtroom dramas).

Unabashed Billy Bob fan.

New season anybody? Was supposed to be released today.  Was available for me last night and got through an episode and a half.  Has some sort of indian witchcraft memory loss going on that I can't figure out.  Acting is superb as always.

The way season 2 ended up I figured the writers were just saying "let's burn this thing down".  Surprised it got another season.  I will still watch it.  :shrug:  

The way season 2 ended up I figured the writers were just saying "let's burn this thing down".  Surprised it got another season.  I will still watch it.  :shrug:  
I didn't even finish season 2. I'll wait for reviews until giving S3 a shot.

loved season one except for the ending, did not like season 2 at all, I will watch season three.

Just watch first episode of 3.  Looks like it is taking some weird voodoo route or something.  I am getting the vibe that the writers feel the need to keep getting weirder.  I still kind of liked season 2 minus the fetish stuff, but I am having my doubts season 3 is going to draw me in.    

I've only got two episodes left.  The story with the drugs and hallucinations and even the flash backs really hurt what are some otherwise great characters and great acting.  Hoping some of these people get seriously screwed in the end to make it pay off.

ever since I watched season 2, I've been dressing like the dude who wears workout clothes every day and everywhere.  

All they ever have to do is to kill Billy Bob and all their problems ends.  Is it really that hard to off a drunk guy who is usually holed up in some ghetto motel room? 

All they ever have to do is to kill Billy Bob and all their problems ends.  Is it really that hard to off a drunk guy who is usually holed up in some ghetto motel room? 
I have only watched episode 1 of season 3, but isn't that what they are trying to do?  Admittedly, not effectively.

I enjoyed season 1.  Season 2 was sort of meh and a little creepy.  Just finished season 3.  I thought it was pretty good.  Some odd things along the way, but overall, I enjoyed it but...

WTF with that final episode ending?!?!?!? 

:shock:

I'm very late to the party, but just finished watching both seasons.

Loved it (season 1 more than season 2.  I love courtroom dramas).

Unabashed Billy Bob fan.
I'm much later than you.  Started it last night and powered through three episodes.  Loving it so far. 

Will likely pass on Season's 2 and 3, I guess.  

I'm much later than you.  Started it last night and powered through three episodes.  Loving it so far. 

Will likely pass on Season's 2 and 3, I guess.  
2&3 are worth watching the just aren’t as outstanding as season 1 was.  But still above average and worth a watch.   

Users who are viewing this thread