What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post-Truth Nation (1 Viewer)

Johnnymac

Footballguy
I know most wont even finish reading it because it will be called worthless drivel. 
Good call.  I made it to the part about free trade being the primary cause of unemployment and finally stopped there.  To be honest, I'm kind of proud of myself for making it that far.

Good call.  I made it to the part about free trade being the primary cause of unemployment and finally stopped there.  To be honest, I'm kind of proud of myself for making it that far.
Like I said, I know alot of people will not like this article.  In my view, it is the most accurate description of what has happened over that time period.  Just my view and I'm only one person.  Hopefully this can be discussed here.

I love comparing/contracting Hillary with George W..."Oh if you think Hillary lies, look at what Bush did".

FYI - my option wasn't George W or Hillary, HTH.

There is some sick, twisted irony in this being brought to the attention of those on the hook and them continuing to blow it off.

Just look at the global warming thread, plenty of conservatives looking for any excuse to avoid reality on display there.

Ok but what about the rest of it?  All BS too?
The first paragraph grouping conservatives with the KKK and ISIS was real classy.  If someone wants to write a serious article they need to get past using such hyperboles or they will rightly lose most of their readers right off the bat.  

The first paragraph grouping conservatives with the KKK and ISIS was real classy.  If someone wants to write a serious article they need to get past using such hyperboles or they will rightly lose most of their readers right off the bat.  
So you just stopped after the 1st paragraph?

It wasn't hyperbole.

I wonder why this guy voted for all those Republican presidential candidates when they were as horrible as he says they are?

So you just stopped after the 1st paragraph?
 No. that was just the first of many examples.  Later when he says that the US is more racist than anytime in history was even more ridiculous.  Does he really believe racism today is as bad as it was in the days of slavery or even worse than the Jackie Robinson days.  Just stupid statements followed by more stupid statements.  

No. that was just the first of many examples.  Later when he says that the US is more racist than anytime in history was even more ridiculous.  Does he really believe racism today is as bad as it was in the days of slavery or even worse than the Jackie Robinson days.  Just stupid statements followed by more stupid statements.  
I'm beginning to wonder?

Stopped there too.  That was absurd even by Huffington Post standards (and there is no bigger joke of a site than Huffington Post).

Jesus how many cry baby liberal threads do we need. I think we should create a new subset for you guys. This is getting ridiculous when 90% of the first page is cry baby political posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus how many cry baby liberal threads do we need. I think we should create a new subset for you guys. This is getting ridiculous when 90% of the first page is cry baby political posts.
How many aliases do you need to create to make terrible posts?

You should go to Reddit /all because the crybabies at /The_Donald have been mucking up Reddit for too long now. Especially in the last couple of days. Huge crybabies over there. 

Trump is a horrible person. Clinton is a horrible person. It's a shame they couldn't both lose. The fact that one beat the other is only a travesty if you are hyper-partisan.

I think this is a good article.

- We have seen the death of scandal.

- To me this is like saying you won't see the doctor because he's going to tell us we are sick.

Hasn't this been going on for some time now? Liberals and conservatives for years now have been attacking 'real news' based on the sources and writers. And journalists too have indeed often abandoned their ethics for partisanship. Earlier this year there were pieces in the NYT & WaPo openly calling on journalists to choose sides in the election even if it meant putting their ethics aside.

And so we saw news reported about the Clintons in which we were told there was no real scandal, and we saw news about Trump poo-pooed by his supporters because of who was doing the reporting.

We and the press have done this to ourselves and it has seriously damaged an important leg in our democracy. 

This was posted by Tobias in the Trump thread.

- It's pretty screwed up. The guy is a Democrat who hosted anti Hillary 'news' pages featuring propaganda/disinformation out of academic interest and for profit.
Serious question. What can be done about this?  I know there is "freedom of speech", but for a person to blatantly put out stories that are full of lies, and that directly slam the character of someone seems wrong.

All "fake news" isn't equal.

Its one thing to make large assumptions from limited data, it's another to just throw out a story that is completely false with no basis in fact at all.

Serious question. What can be done about this?  I know there is "freedom of speech", but for a person to blatantly put out stories that are full of lies, and that directly slam the character of someone seems wrong.

All "fake news" isn't equal.

Its one thing to make large assumptions from limited data, it's another to just throw out a story that is completely false with no basis in fact at all.
I honestly don't know. I'm a total free speech and transparency guy. Those are usually my default positions. 

I think unfortunately the era of technology has birthed the age of social media and that is a two way street. We all here likely think we put out information and thoughts which we believe are rational and beneficial but the reality is that we open ourselves up for the communication of very false and pernicious ideas by others using the same media. It's a bit of a Frankenstein really.

I honestly don't know. I'm a total free speech and transparency guy. Those are usually my default positions. 

I think unfortunately the era of technology has birthed the age of social media and that is a two way street. We all here likely think we put out information and thoughts which we believe are rational and beneficial but the reality is that we open ourselves up for the communication of very false and pernicious ideas by others using the same media. It's a bit of a Frankenstein really.
I agree.  It makes it difficult to have a discussion that's grounded in reality.

You read something and you have to go do 30 minutes of research to determine if it's true.  Many don't want to do that, so they stick with websites that they assume are providing them honest info.

Users who are viewing this thread