What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ask Bloom Week 12 thread? (1 Viewer)

eNdblu

Footballguy
I didn't see one stickied at the top, so maybe this can become it?

TE premium.

What are we doing with Gronk this week?  I have CJF as his backup.  Really deep dynasty league, so there's nothing on the waivers.

I have Cobb as a potential flex (right now I have Parker in that flex spot).  Do I play CJF at TE and have Gronk as my flex, knowing that I can play Cobb if he ends up being inactive?  Or just risk it w/ Gronk?  It's TE premium and the final week of my season before playoffs next week. Big game to determine a first round bye.

You're surprised? they appeared to give up this week. I get it, it's a busy family week, but you can make a thread while sitting on the can in the morning. also, I'd think taking a job where your services are needed during the week and days of Thanksgiving and Christmas you'd know what you're getting yourself into. 

I find his advice to be a bit lacking. he answers to answer. there's little thought about it. hard to really give advice though when you have to tailor your response to each question, which I'm sure can be hundreds. 

You're surprised? they appeared to give up this week. I get it, it's a busy family week, but you can make a thread while sitting on the can in the morning. also, I'd think taking a job where your services are needed during the week and days of Thanksgiving and Christmas you'd know what you're getting yourself into. 

I find his advice to be a bit lacking. he answers to answer. there's little thought about it. hard to really give advice though when you have to tailor your response to each question, which I'm sure can be hundreds. 
A Little harsh....

He doesn't owe us a detailed 2 paragraph let alone two words... Plus 90℅ of the questions can be answered by just looking at his rankings.

The only thing fbg should be worrying about is providing us on time site content... That and a functioning myfbg ?

A Little harsh....

He doesn't owe us a detailed 2 paragraph let alone two words... Plus 90℅ of the questions can be answered by just looking at his rankings.

The only thing fbg should be worrying about is providing us on time site content... That and a functioning myfbg ?
I don't subscribe and when I did, many of the original fbg seemed to be mailing it in for quite some time. just giving my opinion on the whole idea of his weekly thread

I didn't see one stickied at the top, so maybe this can become it?

TE premium.

What are we doing with Gronk this week?  I have CJF as his backup.  Really deep dynasty league, so there's nothing on the waivers.

I have Cobb as a potential flex (right now I have Parker in that flex spot).  Do I play CJF at TE and have Gronk as my flex, knowing that I can play Cobb if he ends up being inactive?  Or just risk it w/ Gronk?  It's TE premium and the final week of my season before playoffs next week. Big game to determine a first round bye.
gronk is good to go. sorry i didnt do one this week because of the holiday

we had to get everything up on an abbreviated schedule. the question thread is a free service i provide when time allows, but the tighter schedule and family nature of this week made time a premium. the thread will be back next week

Hi Bloom - Happy holidays to you and your family!  Who would you stream at QB since I benched Stafford Thursday?  Wentz or Flacco?

Hey Bloom - Ingram or Ivory as a standard flex? Either of them better than Tyrell Williams?

(I checked your rankings, didn't know if they reflected latest health news.)

Thanks!

Happy Holiday weekend, Sig. Crunch time on all fronts. God, family and fantasy football to paraphrase Vince Lombardi with a twist.

just stop. we're all bummed there's no thread this week but this ^^^ is just clearly not true.
you're still in the FBG honeymoon phase it seems. I've been here since 2002 when it was a free site. I know what it once was. that website, forum, and those contributions couldn't hold a candle to what we have today

I've asked questiobs in the past that I already know the answer to, just to see if he payed attention to scoring system or any information actually in my post. my suspicions were confirmed. 

it's great he offers a free service to people but you're not getting much. You're better off posting in the SP and suffering getting scolded from a few people. you'll get at least 2 answers that have more substance... along with maybe 10 posts telling you to move it to the AC forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR

D Lewis or Smallwood (if Lewis do I start Smallwood or K. Benjamin in flex)

Crabtree or Lockett

I'm thinking Lewis, Crabtree and Benjamin

TIA

you're still in the FBG honeymoon phase it seems. I've been here since 2002 when it was a free site. I know what it once was. that website, forum, and those contributions couldn't hold a candle to what we have today

I've asked questiobs in the past that I already know the answer to, just to see if he payed attention to scoring system or any information actually in my post. my suspicions were confirmed. 

it's great he offers a free service to people but you're not getting much. You're better off posting in the SP and suffering getting scolded from a few people. you'll get at least 2 answers that have more substance... along with maybe 10 posts telling you to move it to the AC forum.
nah, i just understand that answering 100+ (mostly last minute) ffb questions up until 11:59 every sunday morning is not easy... it's actually time consuming and probably tedious.  and yes, it is great that he offers a free service to people.  if you're looking for one-on-one, intensive help - this isn't the place... not sure if you thought it was but this is just quick-hitters, hope Bloom gets his eyes on it and you take what you can get...

nah, i just understand that answering 100+ (mostly last minute) ffb questions up until 11:59 every sunday morning is not easy... it's actually time consuming and probably tedious.  and yes, it is great that he offers a free service to people.  if you're looking for one-on-one, intensive help - this isn't the place... not sure if you thought it was but this is just quick-hitters, hope Bloom gets his eyes on it and you take what you can get...
that's a realistic approach yes. I would agree. I don't know why he does it. I certainly wouldn't.  I think once in the early 2000s I did a weekly thread in here for advice. that was exhausting. I've considered a blog or a thread for injuries considering my professional background. I might start that next season. 

good luck to everyone this week

I agree and think threads like these are generally a waste of time and not very valuable to the masses. I would MUCH prefer to see an in-depth Sunday morning update, giving strong opinions based on the latest news. It's hard for me to trust the paid rankings when they aren't updated late Sunday Morning..

One of the rankers still has Ryan Mathews projected to play this morning. Therefore, I can not trust their ranking of Smallwood or Sproles today.

Hello Sig, 

Glad you are able to answer some questions this week.  Need 1 WR and 1 Flex (2 total players) out of the following. Full PPR

Rishard Matthews

Tyrell Williams

Randall Cobb

Jordan Howard

Jeremy Hill 

In my second league--full ppr--projected to be in a very close match this week--do I roll the dice and play Gronk or go with Z Ertz?

Thanks. 

that's a realistic approach yes. I would agree. I don't know why he does it. I certainly wouldn't.  I think once in the early 2000s I did a weekly thread in here for advice. that was exhausting. I've considered a blog or a thread for injuries considering my professional background. I might start that next season. 

good luck to everyone this week
would you start Eli @cle or Rivers @hou this week?

Hi Sig,  I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Need 2 for my PPR flex:

Gronk

J Brown

D Adams

Smallwood

In other league.  Ware or Hyde at RB2.  PPR.  

Thanks as always.

Hey Sig,

Playoffs start for me this week and I have been agonizing over starters more than usual.  Maybe its because my options are crap.  Must pick four of these in a ppr (and .25 per carry):

Ivory, Dion Lewis, Ingram, Corey Coleman, Smiff, and the good Michael Thomas. I'm leaning Ivory and the receivers.  

It's great to see that Bloom said in this thread that due to the holiday this week there won't be a thread and yet people keep asking for advice.

I guess those games on Thanksgiving  (thursday) really throw you guys for a loop... good thing the nfl doesn't do this weekly
If the weekly schedule had an early afternoon thursday game, we would adjust accordingly. Another complicating factor here is that this isn't a typical Thursday, we all have families and Thanksgiving plans too. Appreciate your understanding

Happy holidays, bloom.

I've got to pick 2 rb, 1 wr and a flex out of this group in .5 ppr:

ware

booker

hyde

m. Thomas

rishard mathews

gronk

make or break game and I'm begin after Thursday's games. 

Is Crabtree going to play? I have Watkins, Boyd, and M. Lee as bench options but they all play at 1.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that all is well with you and yours, GB. 

Bloom, you're the best -

Need 2 from:

Brandon Marshall, Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, and Tyler Boyd

Thanks much - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Bloom.  2 leagues with rb questions.  

I need 2 rb's out of the following:

• Ingram
  • Hightower
  • Coleman
  • Starks
  • Ivory
I need 2 rb's out of:

• Starks
  • Jennings
  • Howard
  • Smallwood
  • Coleman

After reading blooms earlier responses in this thread--I get the vibe that he won't be answering any questions this week and will restart next week.  Certainly a bummer as it's a very important fantasy week for a lot of people--but understandable as it's a holiday weekend.   I hope I'm wrong as I asked a question earlier.  

I agree and think threads like these are generally a waste of time and not very valuable to the masses. I would MUCH prefer to see an in-depth Sunday morning update, giving strong opinions based on the latest news. It's hard for me to trust the paid rankings when they aren't updated late Sunday Morning..

One of the rankers still has Ryan Mathews projected to play this morning. Therefore, I can not trust their ranking of Smallwood or Sproles today.
we do a Sunday Morning Hangout that gets in-depth on injuries w dr. jene and matchups w matt waldman. This thread was started because of the flood of questions I would get on Twitter every Sunday morning that would get me in twitter jail if i tried to answer all of them. I moved it over here so that I could answer as many questions as time allowed, and it could also be a reference for others with similar questions.

Hello Sig, 

Glad you are able to answer some questions this week.  Need 1 WR and 1 Flex (2 total players) out of the following. Full PPR

Rishard Matthews

Tyrell Williams

Randall Cobb

Jordan Howard

Jeremy Hill 

In my second league--full ppr--projected to be in a very close match this week--do I roll the dice and play Gronk or go with Z Ertz?

Thanks. 
matthews and williams. gronk

Hey Sig,

Playoffs start for me this week and I have been agonizing over starters more than usual.  Maybe its because my options are crap.  Must pick four of these in a ppr (and .25 per carry):

Ivory, Dion Lewis, Ingram, Corey Coleman, Smiff, and the good Michael Thomas. I'm leaning Ivory and the receivers.  
ivory ingram smiff thomas

Users who are viewing this thread