What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC @ Denver - Weather (1 Viewer)

MNTom

Footballguy
Looks like there may be high winds out of the west-northwest for tonight's Chiefs-Broncos game. Both teams are run first teams with shorter passing game so may not be huge factor for the offenses. The wind will be a cross wind so the kicking game could definitely be affected. Anybody in Denver have further insight regarding the weather especially the wind conditions?

This from rotoworld.

I'm currently starting McManus so if there are high winds now I may switch out.

Kansas City at Denver (8:30 PM ET): AFC West rivals Denver and Kansas City will meet on Sunday night under partly cloudy skies with frigid temperatures dropping to the low-30’s by the time kickoff arrives. Daytime winds of 16 mph will lower to around 11 mph, keeping the passing and kicking games safe in this matchup. This may be the last time we see reasonable weather conditions in Denver this season.

Denver here.  Currently light wind, however they are calling for 20-30 mph this evening. 

Note - Thxgiving we had 60+ mph winds.  Not saying that is going to happen, but could.

Those winds could be out at the airport which borders Kansas - it's flat and treeless and the winds can really pick up speed. Also against the foothills it gets real windy. Stadium is downtown and if winds come from North they are slowed by the horseshoe end of Mile High - the South end is more open. I would expect it to have some effect if it's around 40mph but less is not all that bad inside the stadium.

Might as well dump Santos for a better weather kicker anyway.  Denver's d unlikely to give up a lot of points.

Users who are viewing this thread