What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danny Trevathan Injury (1 Viewer)

Bears ILB Danny Trevathan has been diagnosed with a ruptured right patellar tendon, and is done for the season

Horrible injury. And 2017 I probably mostly lost for him already. 

It's another position th bears have to fill. 

Guessing the take take look at the young guys and see if any have potential to start next season. 

I've added Kwiatkoski in every league after the Freeman news. Wonder I he gets a chance now?

Horrible injury. And 2017 I probably mostly lost for him already. 

It's another position th bears have to fill. 

Guessing the take take look at the young guys and see if any have potential to start next season. 

I've added Kwiatkoski in every league after the Freeman news. Wonder I he gets a chance now?
I don't think they have many other options

Kwiatoski replaced Freeman. He played 54/58 snaps on Sunday because Freeman was out. Ended with 2 solos and 2 assists.

Trevathan's injury could open snaps for John Timu. Timu finished the season strong last year, 8/1 Week 15, 4/2 and 2 FR Week 16 and 8 in Week 17. He ended up on the practice squad to start this year after the Bears splurged at ILB in the offseason. Timu could be a sneaky, 3-week pickup during the rest of Freeman's suspension.

Kwiatoski replaced Freeman. He played 54/58 snaps on Sunday because Freeman was out. Ended with 2 solos and 2 assists.

Trevathan's injury could open snaps for John Timu. Timu finished the season strong last year, 8/1 Week 15, 4/2 and 2 FR Week 16 and 8 in Week 17. He ended up on the practice squad to start this year after the Bears splurged at ILB in the offseason. Timu could be a sneaky, 3-week pickup during the rest of Freeman's suspension.
Wish I was as plugged in to my Bears as I once was  ... but what's your read on Timu vs. Kwiatkowski?  Better 3-week pickup?  Better 2017 outlook?

Ourlads has Timu behind Kwiat as the LILB with Christian Jones backing up Trevathan.  I know Jones was a Trestman holdover and doesn't really fit the 3-4 scheme, but does he have any potential to sneak in and matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have Kwiat than Timu for the rest of the season and 2017. I think Kwiat potentially starts next to Freeman when Freeman's done with his suspension. I think they like Kwiat and he's made some impressive plays.

I'm guessing Timu plays over Jones but I'm not basing it on much. 

I'd rather have Kwiat than Timu for the rest of the season and 2017. I think Kwiat potentially starts next to Freeman when Freeman's done with his suspension. I think they like Kwiat and he's made some impressive plays.

I'm guessing Timu plays over Jones but I'm not basing it on much. 
That's what I was leaning towards myself.  

In dynasty IDP, is he an essential hold?  This is a pretty bad injury and I'm not sure he will even play a snap in 2017 let alone be effective again.

In dynasty IDP, is he an essential hold?  This is a pretty bad injury and I'm not sure he will even play a snap in 2017 let alone be effective again.
Unless it's a large league with unusually deep rosters, I'd say no, he's not an essentially hold.  Not likely to be back till well into next season, I would expect him to be available as a preemptive pickup in the early weeks of next season at worst.

So Kwiat produced a nice score for me.

Anyone who watched the game care to comment how well he played alongside this stat line?

Is there hope here for 2017 production?

So Kwiat produced a nice score for me.

Anyone who watched the game care to comment how well he played alongside this stat line?

Is there hope here for 2017 production?
He was all over the field.  I wasn't paying deep attention, but he seems to be highly active and making plays.

Yeah this coming week is going to be a big decision for me.  If Kuechly goes I pretty much have to start him, no?

I have Kuechly, Shazier, Whitehead, Bellore and Kwiat.  :shrug:

Yeah this coming week is going to be a big decision for me.  If Kuechly goes I pretty much have to start him, no?

I have Kuechly, Shazier, Whitehead, Bellore and Kwiat.  :shrug:
Depends on how many you start.  I would start him over Bellore and Kwiat for sure but not sure about Shazier or Whitehead. 

Depends on how many you start.  I would start him over Bellore and Kwiat for sure but not sure about Shazier or Whitehead. 
Oops, got ahead of myself.  Start 3.  I would assume, if he's cleared to play, that Kuechly will play without limitations and would be the clear-cut #1 choice.  Followed by Shazier and based on matchup, I'd put Whitehead over Bellore.  That said, Kwiat may have more upside than Whitehead.  I might need to see how the rest of my roster pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread