What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Active Shooter at Ohio State Univ. (1 Viewer)

please be safe
Thanks. Just looked on the map and its 1.5 miles away from me. A friend of mine works in administration very close to the shooting just posted they are hiding,  barricaded themselves in a room and lights are off. Have two good friends who are OSU cops too. Grrrr 

THE Ohio State University?

Hopefully it's a false alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a police office shooting into the loading dock right below my window and then that text went out.  I'm hoping that was the end of it. (Possibly rubber bullets? The gun was shaped oddly.)

a FB post from a friend...

I saw a police office shooting into the loading dock right below my window and then that text went out.  I'm hoping that was the end of it. (Possibly rubber bullets? The gun was shaped oddly.)

Generally speaking, standard weapons are used to fire rubber bullets. Would need to know what the OP means as "oddly shaped" to determine what was actually being used. 

Generally speaking, standard weapons are used to fire rubber bullets. Would need to know what the OP means as "oddly shaped" to determine what was actually being used. 
Someone responded saying she saw it happen, and it wasn't rubber bullets. 

"My roommate and I heard about three or four gunshots from across the street, and soon after we heard a bunch of police and ambulances pull up across the street," the 19-year-old said.
"We can't see the building where the shooting happened because of a dorm blocking our view. It truly sounded like gunshots, and really soon after we heard a bunch of sirens. We can see the police cars from our dorm."
- Shots only so far?

Yikes. 

Our @hartted reporting from scene that a professor has heard his colleague was slashed with a machete. Working to confirm. #BREAKING

***Unconfirmed report*** of fire alarm being pulled, car running at students coming out of the doors, got out with a knife.

At least six trauma surgeons requested at @OSUWexMed following active shooter situation on #OSU campus. #breaking

Hearing reports that one of them is in the Lane Ave , Tuttle garage? Damn, that's within a mile from me and I can see helicopters hovering. Wtf is wrong with people???

8m8 minutes ago

Harrison Hove ‏@HarrisonHove
Update: An @OhioState Professor and department chair was source on the possible slashing. Still unconfirmed by medics or police.

Users who are viewing this thread