What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DraftKings Week 13 (1 Viewer)

Dan Hindery

Super early thoughts on first glance.

QB- We've had some fun debates in staff chat on how predictive home/road splits are. I'm a believer when it comes to Brees and Roethlisberger. Going to be really tempting to pay up for one of the top 4 QBs. Especially because nobody below $7k really stands out as an attractive play. Lean Brees early.

RB- Don't think you can fit both Bell and DJ in this week. But one is doable and I think you probably want to pay up for one of the two in cash. Leaning DJ over Bell. McCoy, Howard, Riddick, Ingram, Martin, Hyde, Hill and D. Lewis are the guys who stand out on the first time through as decent options.

WR- Like the matchups for most of the top guys, especially OBJ and Julio, but tough to afford if I want to play Brees and DJ. Might have to settle for somebody like Edelman, Hopkins or Watkins as WR1. Looks like a lot more strong bargain options this week than last. Snead, Britt, T. Hill, M. Jones, Boyd, M. Wilson, M. Mitchell, etc.

TE- Kicking myself for moving off Kelce in my main lineup late last week. He's a nice play again. Fiedorowicz has been consistent and is cheap. Fleener is risky with Hill getting a ton of snaps, but feels like risk/reward is decent considering his price.

DEF- Haven't started playing with rosters yet, but would be nice if I could pay up for Denver and still like the rest of my lineup. Bucs defense has been great last 3 weeks. They stand out amongst the cheap Ds despite a tough matchup. 

Nice to be back, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, had a good Sunday taking down a 100 player $25 dollar League for $625 and split my cash LUs and GPPs for a +$600 day!

Early Week 13 Look

TNF

Can Zeke run on the Minn Def??

Don't like much about this game, may be fading it all together or may play some Thur-Mon DBL ups and not use any TNF players

Going to be tough not to have Brees at home in my larger GPPs paired with MThom, also like both Ks in this game but haven't look at salaries yet.  This game sets up nicely for Reddick.

Sneaky Def play this week may be BALT but when the FF gods offer you gold it's hard to turn it down and the Den Def against the Jags is pure gold

Don't think NE can run on LAs front, look for NE to use the short passing game as their running game which they do well, pump for Edleman/White

Don't like much in the Phily/Cincy game, maybe Eiefert

Dare I say I may be using Kap in cash LUs, taking a long hard look at it.

Can Rogers keep up the 45 attempts a game?  LMiller seems like a good play here

KC/ATL over/under 49?  How is KC going to score?  Ware, Kelce, Hill?  I also like the KC Def here, we haven't seen the real stinker from Ryan yet this year.

The 4pm games all look like score fests, 4 games with the lowest total of 47.5, I will draw heavily from this slate for all of my LUs

McCoy vs Oak, yes please

The big 3 in Pitt vs NYG, yes please

DJ vs Wash- Salary becomes an issue here, may look elsewhere

Will the real TB team please stand up! Evans is a must, 2 weeks ago I'd say Gordon was a must but his showing last week and the TB run def on Rawls causes me to hesitate.

Super early thoughts on first glance.

QB- We've had some fun debates in staff chat on how predictive home/road splits are. I'm a believer when it comes to Brees and Roethlisberger. Going to be really tempting to pay up for one of the top 4 QBs. Especially because nobody below $7k really stands out as an attractive play. Lean Brees early.

RB- Don't think you can fit both Bell and DJ in this week. But one is doable and I think you probably want to pay up for one of the two in cash. Leaning DJ over Bell. McCoy, Howard, Riddick, Ingram, Martin, Hyde, Hill and D. Lewis are the guys who stand out on the first time through as decent options.

WR- Like the matchups for most of the top guys, especially OBJ and Julio, but tough to afford if I want to play Brees and DJ. Might have to settle for somebody like Edelman, Hopkins or Watkins as WR1. Looks like a lot more strong bargain options this week than last. Snead, Britt, T. Hill, M. Jones, Boyd, M. Wilson, M. Mitchell, etc.

TE- Kicking myself for moving off Kelce in my main lineup late last week. He's a nice play again. Fiedorowicz has been consistent and is cheap. Fleener is risky with Hill getting a ton of snaps, but feels like risk/reward is decent considering his price.

DEF- Haven't started playing with rosters yet, but would be nice if I could pay up for Denver and still like the rest of my lineup. Bucs defense has been great last 3 weeks. They stand out amongst the cheap Ds despite a tough matchup. 
@Dan Hindery

Do you mainly play Dk? Love to see the staff chiming in on these boards with us and giving some insight.  Don't see any other staff poking in on the FD thread, so I was just curious if you preferred DK. 

Brees is for sure the main target in all formats.  I am going to be looking a bit lower at QB, b/c I am probably going to try my hardest to get both DJ and Bell in there.  Might be hard b/c they did price up Kaep up over 6K for the first time.  The other one I was looking at was Taylor at Oak for 5700, since you also get some rushing floor there too. 

I like the Rbs you threw out too.  Of course Howard gets the vs SF raise in price to 6900.  Did L.Miller get more hurt in the SD game?  Tough to go to Lambeau, but GB D still stinks and that would be the key to keep Rodgers off the field. 

Wrs I agree as well.  I usually don't do the high priced guys much, but that OBJ/Brown game looks fun.  I think it will probably be back to the same well for the sub 7000 guys: Edelman, Adams, Crabtree, T.Williams, Crowder, M.Thomas, T.Hill, Boldin, Gabriel, Baldwin, Ginn, Sanu, and the Chic WRs all need to be looked at. 

TE pricing has finally been rising, and there isn't that handful of sub 3000 guys I like.  I will look at the matchup for McDonald and maybe use him again this week for 2900.

Gpps I do like trying the guys that pissed people (and me) off the week before.  I will be looking for Wilson and the gang to take out their anger on the Carolina secondary, and maybe go with a Ryan/Julio stack.  Also like the Oak/Buff and SD/TB games for some stacks too. 

I am really going to focus about 90% of my attention on DK this week.  I have had a poor run on FD lately, but seem to be doing well on DK so maybe I should shift my focus. 

Nice to be back, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, had a good Sunday taking down a 100 player $25 dollar League for $625 and split my cash LUs and GPPs for a +$600 day!

Early Week 13 Look

TNF

Can Zeke run on the Minn Def??

Don't like much about this game, may be fading it all together or may play some Thur-Mon DBL ups and not use any TNF players

Going to be tough not to have Brees at home in my larger GPPs paired with MThom, also like both Ks in this game but haven't look at salaries yet.  This game sets up nicely for Reddick.

Sneaky Def play this week may be BALT but when the FF gods offer you gold it's hard to turn it down and the Den Def against the Jags is pure gold

Don't think NE can run on LAs front, look for NE to use the short passing game as their running game which they do well, pump for Edleman/White

Don't like much in the Phily/Cincy game, maybe Eiefert

Dare I say I may be using Kap in cash LUs, taking a long hard look at it.

Can Rogers keep up the 45 attempts a game?  LMiller seems like a good play here

KC/ATL over/under 49?  How is KC going to score?  Ware, Kelce, Hill?  I also like the KC Def here, we haven't seen the real stinker from Ryan yet this year.

The 4pm games all look like score fests, 4 games with the lowest total of 47.5, I will draw heavily from this slate for all of my LUs

McCoy vs Oak, yes please

The big 3 in Pitt vs NYG, yes please

DJ vs Wash- Salary becomes an issue here, may look elsewhere

Will the real TB team please stand up! Evans is a must, 2 weeks ago I'd say Gordon was a must but his showing last week and the TB run def on Rawls causes me to hesitate.
I know it is hard for us to say, but I think it's almost gotten to the point that you can't start Kaep in cash.  Finally over 6K, but he has been the 8th best scorer for the last 6 weeks for QB (with only 5 games) and is the #3 scorer over the last 3 weeks.  I don't think there has been a week that he hasn't reached cash value since he took over.  He has been up against a lot better teams than Chicago over that time too.  Seems like he, Brees, Rodgers, and Cousins have been the most consistent scorers lately.  That said, Rodgers is too cheap at 6700, and they still can't run the ball. 

Atl D is bad enough, I think all of them are in play.  I think Kelce is the #3 scoring TE over the last few weeks despite not having a TD.  T.Hill is WR6 over the last 6 weeks and still only 4600.  Not sure about KC D on the road, maybe a gpp play though.  We just saw Siemian light them up, and ATL has better O for sure.  They are good for some turnovers though.

I know it is hard for us to say, but I think it's almost gotten to the point that you can't start Kaep in cash.  Finally over 6K, but he has been the 8th best scorer for the last 6 weeks for QB (with only 5 games) and is the #3 scorer over the last 3 weeks.  I don't think there has been a week that he hasn't reached cash value since he took over.  He has been up against a lot better teams than Chicago over that time too.  Seems like he, Brees, Rodgers, and Cousins have been the most consistent scorers lately.  That said, Rodgers is too cheap at 6700, and they still can't run the ball. 

Atl D is bad enough, I think all of them are in play.  I think Kelce is the #3 scoring TE over the last few weeks despite not having a TD.  T.Hill is WR6 over the last 6 weeks and still only 4600.  Not sure about KC D on the road, maybe a gpp play though.  We just saw Siemian light them up, and ATL has better O for sure.  They are good for some turnovers though.
I posted this in the wrong thread, I only play FD, sorry about that

@Dan Hindery

Do you mainly play Dk? Love to see the staff chiming in on these boards with us and giving some insight.  Don't see any other staff poking in on the FD thread, so I was just curious if you preferred DK. 

Brees is for sure the main target in all formats.  I am going to be looking a bit lower at QB, b/c I am probably going to try my hardest to get both DJ and Bell in there.  Might be hard b/c they did price up Kaep up over 6K for the first time.  The other one I was looking at was Taylor at Oak for 5700, since you also get some rushing floor there too. 

I like the Rbs you threw out too.  Of course Howard gets the vs SF raise in price to 6900.  Did L.Miller get more hurt in the SD game?  Tough to go to Lambeau, but GB D still stinks and that would be the key to keep Rodgers off the field. 

Wrs I agree as well.  I usually don't do the high priced guys much, but that OBJ/Brown game looks fun.  I think it will probably be back to the same well for the sub 7000 guys: Edelman, Adams, Crabtree, T.Williams, Crowder, M.Thomas, T.Hill, Boldin, Gabriel, Baldwin, Ginn, Sanu, and the Chic WRs all need to be looked at. 

TE pricing has finally been rising, and there isn't that handful of sub 3000 guys I like.  I will look at the matchup for McDonald and maybe use him again this week for 2900.

Gpps I do like trying the guys that pissed people (and me) off the week before.  I will be looking for Wilson and the gang to take out their anger on the Carolina secondary, and maybe go with a Ryan/Julio stack.  Also like the Oak/Buff and SD/TB games for some stacks too. 

I am really going to focus about 90% of my attention on DK this week.  I have had a poor run on FD lately, but seem to be doing well on DK so maybe I should shift my focus. 
I played a lot on FanDuel last year, but this year it's my 3rd site and I haven't been doing much there. This year I've just been playing about $100 a week there, all in GPPs. A few weeks I have played more there, but mostly been pretty light.

I play a little over a grand a week on DK, with about 70% in double ups and 30% in GPPs. It's the only site I've been playing cash games on. 

My 2nd site is FantasyDraft. I usually put ~20 entries in their big $25 entry fee GPP each week. I write a weekly article for it and the pricing/scoring is basically identical to DraftKings. So it's not really any extra effort and there's been a little bit of overlay every week. It's a nice spot to fire a bunch of GPP lineups knowing you aren't getting hit with any rake. 

I played a lot on FanDuel last year, but this year it's my 3rd site and I haven't been doing much there. This year I've just been playing about $100 a week there, all in GPPs. A few weeks I have played more there, but mostly been pretty light.

I play a little over a grand a week on DK, with about 70% in double ups and 30% in GPPs. It's the only site I've been playing cash games on. 

My 2nd site is FantasyDraft. I usually put ~20 entries in their big $25 entry fee GPP each week. I write a weekly article for it and the pricing/scoring is basically identical to DraftKings. So it's not really any extra effort and there's been a little bit of overlay every week. It's a nice spot to fire a bunch of GPP lineups knowing you aren't getting hit with any rake. 
I know I ask a lot of questions, but what is the reason behind just playing cash on DK?

First line up

Brees

David Johnson

D.Lewis

Julio

Cooks

M.Mitchell

flex- DGB

Kelce

Miami

Last edited by a moderator:
KarmaPolice said:
I know I ask a lot of questions, but what is the reason behind just playing cash on DK?
There's no strategy or reason to it. My brother only plays on DK and he only plays double ups, so it's just something we talk about together throughout the week. Now that you mention it, I probably should be playing some on FD too and I'll try to remember to enter some over there this week too.  

There's no strategy or reason to it. My brother only plays on DK and he only plays double ups, so it's just something we talk about together throughout the week. Now that you mention it, I probably should be playing some on FD too and I'll try to remember to enter some over there this week too.  
Gotcha, didn't know if you saw something in the level of competition or it was a strategy thing or something...

How did you do last week?
Won $2 in my GPP but felt could have been more if J Mathews doesn't get dinged up but I ended up losing $5 total 

Hoping to bounce back if I can adjust the above lineup and get Bell and DJ in my lineup or Brees  and one of the those two. 

Initial lineup on DK

Brees

Howard, Hyde

Evans, Hill, Wilson

McDonald

Sanders

Broncos
This looks like a chasing points roster at almost every spot. I think you will find some guys in better spots. 

I also don't think it's a good idea in cash to pay for any of the top wrs when Mccoy is 7800 with a much higher floor and also elite upside. 

Well, the pricing got to a point that I don't think I can do my usual 3 stud RB LU this week.  I was determined to see what I can do if I have both Bell and DJ in there, and came up with:

Rodgers

Bell/DJ

Boldin/Lee/T.Hill

Kelce

J.Hill

GB

Will stare at it more.  I don't love having both those KC guys in there, but the price is right and that game should force Smith out of his shell again.  Love that they were willing to use Hill in the passing game last week.  Thought about Kaep over Rodgers, but it didn't seem to get me anywhere as far as a different WR I liked any better, but I have a few days to mull that over.  Now I need to work on some more ideas for different LUs. 

OK, I lied - I can do a 3 stud RB LU with DJ/Bell/McCoy, but the IVC doesn't like it nearly as much.  Really take a hit at QB and TE to do it this week.

Smith

DJ/Bell

Boldin/Lee/T.Hill

McDonald

McCoy

TB

:oldunsure:

Right now these are the guys I am liking at QB for Cash/Upside

1. ARod- He needs 20 to reach cash value, and 33 to reach GPP. I think GPP is very possible.  Playing at home, no real running game, started using short passes as running game. I think GB will load up to stop the run and make OSW try to beat them, and he can't. He looked so relaxed last week it was like he was at practice. His WR's are getting healthy again, and they have enough with Starks to run a little play action.

1A- Ryan- Love him this week against KC at home. KC will play lots of man defense, and that will not be good against Julio and company. Two healthy RB's with him in the backfield, I think they put up a big number on KC. He and ARod are in the same price range and I think they are the top Cash/Upside QB's of week, which means they should easily reach cash value, and have a great chance to reach GPP value. 

2. Cousins- needs 19 to reach cash value, and 31 to reach GPP. Reed playing or not matters a little, but they have enough talent at WR, plus Davis has shown he can perform with Reed out.  They won't be able to run on Ariz defense that well, and Peterson will be guarding someone( my guess is DJax) , but the other two/three guys are very good. I don't think Wash can stop Ariz either, so makes for shootout. I will be all alone on this call, which makes him a great GPP play. 

3. Brees - has to be the top cash play of he week. Needs 23 to reach value. Don't think he can reach GPP value at 38, but at that price you can't expect it. He could easily get 30 plus which is fine for GPPs. 

4. Ben- Probably my no. 2 cash guy, playing at home, needs 22 to reach value, don't like him for GPP. 

5. Brady-another great cash play and should have no problem reaching cash value. 

6. Taylor- Players are getting healthy around him, and rushing ability is key. I think he is my No. 2 GPP play. Raiders pass defense is not good. There pass rush may get to him, but that just means he is going to run more. I actually like the Raiders, but I think the Bills beat them this week. He has 25+ upside. 

7. Siemian- He will easily reach cash value, and I think he has a good chance to reach GPP. Jags pass defense is decent but Ramsey can only cover one guy. Trevor played well last week, and I like the way he is moving around now and running some. I also like there new pass catching TE. Denver defense is going to eat Bortles for lunch, and that is the only draw back, as Kubiak may just run the ball. 

Right now I am starting my 3 Cash LU's with ARod, Ryan, and Taylor at QB

Most likely Adams, Julio, and Watkins will be on the teams with them, but may use McCoy instead of a Buffalo WR. I also like Gabriel, he looked very dynamic. I will probably correlate someone from the opponents team, at least KC and Oakland. Hill and Coop most likely, and maybe Hopkins or Miller on Houston. 

I will just have to see how the LU building goes........

Is Watkins going to get the snaps/targets to trust for cash? 
Probably not that is why I am leaning towards McCoy....I know that is not a typical stack, but Taylor is not your typical QB. I may even just play him by himself.......still building LU to see how it looks. 

That's the biggest problem I have with Taylor........I like to stack my LU's and he is hard to do it with. 

After looking at the other positions besides QB, my general thoughts on the week is that  there is going to be a lot of different LU patterns out there this week. You can go Stud RB or Stud WR either way.  

I like lots of Mid tier WR's this week and of course the Studs are always in play. 

I like the stud RB's, but I also see some nice value this week in lower priced guys. 

I also think QB has a lot of options this week in different price ranges. 

What does that mean? I really don't know for sure. I think if you only play one cash LU, it might be a week to diversify and play more. I also think a cash LU may also be as good as any GPP LU you can make. 

No super value plays have come out in my mind. Brees is probably as chalk as you can get at QB, but he if very expensive and there are other top guys in good matchups. 

The top 3 RB's are always in play and two have great matchups (DJ,Bell) but i still think Zeke is matchup proof and will do well against the Vikings. 

The top WR's also have good matchups, so who is chalk there? 

It will be interesting...............

1. ARod- He needs 20 to reach cash value, and 33 to reach GPP. I think GPP is very possible.  Playing at home, no real running game, started using short passes as running game. I think GB will load up to stop the run and make OSW try to beat them, and he can't. He looked so relaxed last week it was like he was at practice. His WR's are getting healthy again, and they have enough with Starks to run a little play action.

1A- Ryan- Love him this week against KC at home. KC will play lots of man defense, and that will not be good against Julio and company. Two healthy RB's with him in the backfield, I think they put up a big number on KC. He and ARod are in the same price range and I think they are the top Cash/Upside QB's of week, which means they should easily reach cash value, and have a great chance to reach GPP value. 

2. Cousins- needs 19 to reach cash value, and 31 to reach GPP. Reed playing or not matters a little, but they have enough talent at WR, plus Davis has shown he can perform with Reed out.  They won't be able to run on Ariz defense that well, and Peterson will be guarding someone( my guess is DJax) , but the other two/three guys are very good. I don't think Wash can stop Ariz either, so makes for shootout. I will be all alone on this call, which makes him a great GPP play. 

3. Brees - has to be the top cash play of he week. Needs 23 to reach value. Don't think he can reach GPP value at 38, but at that price you can't expect it. He could easily get 30 plus which is fine for GPPs. 

4. Ben- Probably my no. 2 cash guy, playing at home, needs 22 to reach value, don't like him for GPP. 

5. Brady-another great cash play and should have no problem reaching cash value. 

6. Taylor- Players are getting healthy around him, and rushing ability is key. I think he is my No. 2 GPP play. Raiders pass defense is not good. There pass rush may get to him, but that just means he is going to run more. I actually like the Raiders, but I think the Bills beat them this week. He has 25+ upside. 

7. Siemian- He will easily reach cash value, and I think he has a good chance to reach GPP. Jags pass defense is decent but Ramsey can only cover one guy. Trevor played well last week, and I like the way he is moving around now and running some. I also like there new pass catching TE. Denver defense is going to eat Bortles for lunch, and that is the only draw back, as Kubiak may just run the ball. 
I agree 100% on most of these.  #7 I just can't get behind.  I think Denv can handle them easily, and don't see them having to throw much.  Plus I saw that Jax is dead last in the last few weeks as far as DK pts allowed/game to WRs. 

I do like Cousins as a sneaky gpp play too and he was on my radar.  Az surprisingly has let the 6th most pts/game to WRs over the last few weeks.  Maybe stack Cousins with Crowder or Garcon again?

2 that I had written down that you didn't list are Carr and Winston.  Both are still fairly cheap, in games with a fairly high total, and going against Ds that are in the top 10 for pts allowed to QB over the last few weeks.  Both would need about 25pts for gpp value.  Doable, especially if we like Evans so much this week.

That's the biggest problem I have with Taylor........I like to stack my LU's and he is hard to do it with. 
I think that's a bit what got me off Kaep last week, unfortunately.  Sometimes good plays are just good plays. 

Karma you are right about Simian and I wouldn't play him in cash. To me there are too many viable cash play QB's to even consider him at this point. 

You really don't need the salary relief at QB to have a good LU. With so many options in play at other positions in different price ranges. 

I may even move off Taylor and move up to someone higher and a little safer just because I still feel like I can build a good team. 

I am I wrong in my thinking or just being too simplistic when I am always going for the high priced RBs, especially on DK?  I like guys like Julio, Evans, Brown just about every week.  It just seems like every time I stare at it I think for roughly the same price do I want a stud WR that maybe averages 10 targets a game at best, or a RB that averages close to that plus gets the carries?  Especially for cash, you also get the higher floor - I think Bell and DJ's lows are in the 15-18pt range, but we have seen Julio drop out of a game, Brown has a few single digit games.  I think Evans has the highest floor, as I believe his low for the year is about 10 points. 

Then I combine that with compared who I will get in the 4000-5000s (which is inevitable when you pay up at a couple spots), and there always seems to be WRs that stick out a lot more at that range.  Especially in ppr where a 4500 needs, what, 13pts for cash value? That's a 3-40 and a TD or a 6-70 stat line.  There are several guys in that range that have been seeing 20% of their team targets going their way over the last few weeks. 

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything,  I am more just talking out loud to see if I am missing something, or if this is just being too stubborn with my thinking. 

All that said, the pricing for RBs has really gotten to the point where shoving in the top 3 RBs isn't an option like it was a few weeks ago.

I wish I was a higher roller so I could justify paying for sites or programs that do a lot of stats and stuff for me.  Especially for DK I usually start off the list for WRs and TEs by looking at targets/game.  I am sure that isn't enough, so this week I tried to look at % of team targets to get an idea who sees the most volume. 

Here was my list of Wrs that consistently saw 25+% of their team targets over the past 6 weeks:

Evans, Brown, Edelman, Julio, Crabtree, D.Thomas, Hopkins, Sanders, OBJ, T.Hill (I bolded the ones that face a team giving up top 12 pts over the last few weeks to WRs)

Here are a couple that stood out as getting more targets in the last 3 weeks vs. the few weeks before that and over the past 3 weeks are 25+%:

J.Nelson, T.Williams (SD), Britt, Boldin, D.Parker

Here are a few that are 20+%:

Fitz, J.Matthews, M.Thomas, Inman, Ginn, Baldwin

Figured that would be a good start to look for guys as we need targets. 

There were a few that suprised me that seemed like they were trending down as far as % during the last 3 weeks:

D.Adams, Tate, Crowder, Cooper

Did the same for TE (using 18+% of targets).  Again, bolded means they seem to have a decent matchup this week as far as pts allowed to TE over the last few weeks:

Reed (will he play?), Kelce, CJ Fied, Eifert, McDonald, Olsen

Ertz was the only other one going on an upward trend and has 20%+ targets over the last 3 weeks, and Kendricks, Gates, and Graham seem to be going the other way.

I think you are right to be looking at the floors of players when making cash LU's. The top RB's are more consistent for sure, and I agree that Evans is probably the most consistent top WR. (after looking, AB is still pretty consistent as far as top guys go)

-also after looking, Zeke is actually the most consistent one of the top guys, but someone else caught my eye as a value play was Starks. 

I also think QB is a pretty consistent position and you should be looking at the floors at that position. Brady, Brees and Ben at home, ARod are over the last 4 weeks, and someone nobody ever talks about in Rivers. 

I am so glad you brought this up Karma......it made me do some further checking over at Rotogrinders on consistency. I really have never looked at it, and I do think in a week like this, with lots of options in play, that consistency could really help you make a good decision. 

I am really considering going "all in" on the Denver defense this week in all my LU's, I will probably chicken out, but..........

I am so glad you posted this Karma........

If you start your LU building with a consistent QB, and 2 consistent RB's you have a good chance of doing well from the get go. If you like Denver, than now you have plugged and played 4 spots on your roster and should feel very secure about them. 

Finding/studying/researching can now be focused on WR and TE. I like it........

I am not a high roller, but I do pay at Roto because I think it is great info. 

We are here to share, and me and you discuss a lot of good info, so I definitely can look up some things that you are interested in over there. 

I actually don't think they even charge for the consistency stuff......go take a look

I have to get ready for work, so I will be back later......

I am not a high roller, but I do pay at Roto because I think it is great info. 

We are here to share, and me and you discuss a lot of good info, so I definitely can look up some things that you are interested in over there. 

I actually don't think they even charge for the consistency stuff......go take a look

I have to get ready for work, so I will be back later......
I think I will probably pay for that next year. 

I will look again, but I didn't think they has what I was looking for without paying.  Was more digging around for volume/% and did that the long way. 

podunker said:

What does that mean? 20 points for cash and 33 GPP? 

What does that mean? 20 points for cash and 33 GPP? 
Its widely assumed that a player needs to reach 2X is salary to be good in cash games like double UPS, 50/50s and leagues and needs to reach 3X his salary to be good in guaranteed tournaments with multiple entries

Its widely assumed that a player needs to reach 2X is salary to be good in cash games like double UPS, 50/50s and leagues and needs to reach 3X his salary to be good in guaranteed tournaments with multiple entries
Megla is correct, but he is using the Fanduel multipliers. On Fanduel you want player to score 2x his salary.

On Draftkings you want 3x his salary. My numbers are based on 3x for cash and 5x for GPP on DK

I look for 2x for cash, and 4x for GPP on FD. 

I wish Megla played over here on DK some, I love his insights on things. 

Megla is correct, but he is using the Fanduel multipliers. On Fanduel you want player to score 2x his salary.

On Draftkings you want 3x his salary. My numbers are based on 3x for cash and 5x for GPP on DK

@chasyone

This is more on the lines of what I have been looking at for DK.  I think both might be high, but that gives you more buffer.  250pts is probably needed to take down a huge gpp with 100s of thousands of entries, but smaller ones or 100 man contests you might do fairly well with a 200pt score. 

Since we use 50K for salary cap, people say that for cash each player needs to 3x his salary in points to reach that 150pts.  You need to make sure you are comfortable with DKs scoring and know in a general way what it takes for a 15pt game, 25pt game, etc.. for the positions (remember the 3pt bonus that positions get for big games!).  That way you can look at guys on your cash roster and ask how confident you are with your players hitting that.  So when you are putting in LUs in the IVC make sure you are hovering around that 150pt mark for cash LUs that you might like. 

So I should start my team with Rodgers or Tyrod  for gpp and Brees for my cash games?
It is going to be really tough to fit Brees in cash. If you can find a way to fit him then go ahead. It just depends how you want to construct your roster as there are some pretty good options to save from Brees (Rodgers and Kaepernick) 

I tried playing both sites with little success.  Once I made the decision ton play one I started making some progress and now am doing very well with my bankroll

Here is a LU on DK I'm looking at

Rodgers

DJ, Bell

Britt, Hill, DGB

Kelce

J Hill

Packers

LU #2 on DK

Rodgers

DJ, Gordon - maybe Howard instead of Gordon

Britt, Hill, Wilson

Kelce

J Hill

Broncos

I am trying my hardest, but it doesn't seem like you can fit in many decent WRs without fading one or both of Bell/DJ. Just can't decide who to trust after that. 

Well, I am going with my Gut partly on my Thur/Mon cash LU this week. 

QB- Fitz  

( My Gut play) Because I really didn't talk about him much. 5200 seems way too cheap going against one of the worst defenses in the league. He only needs 15 points to reach value, and he could throw up 20+ easy. He could also lay an egg, but he frees up some cap room and I like one of his WR's a lot this week. 

RB- Zeke, DJ, and Hill at flex spot

I think Zeke is not being talked about enough. He has a tougher matchup than the other 2 big guns, but I think he a lot better offensive line than they do. If they happen to get lucky and stuff the run, he will still catch passes just like Bell and DJ, just not as many because the Cowboys are better.  I can see 100+ yards rushing and 2 TD's, plus a few catches out him. DJ is just like him in, except he is in a great matchup, and catches a lot more passes. Hill is way under priced as far as I am concerned. He only needs 13 points to reach value, and I can see close to 20 out of him. He is going to get the touches, and even got some pass targets last week. 

WR-Evans, Enumwa, DGB

Evans is the most consistent of the big 3 WR's. Enumwa is under priced against a terrible pass defense, plus I like the stack with Fitz. DGB is the wild card in this whole LU. I will be paying close attention to see if Matthews is going to play. If he doesn't he is a must start for me. He will be the No. 1 WR on the Eagles at that point. He has been getting used more and more each week. He only needs 9 points to reach value and I can see him getting much more than that. I know its a risk, but one I am willing to take. 

TE-McDonald

Kaepernick has been targeting him and they should be able to put up some points on the Bears. 

D-NE

Belichick against a rookie QB........I like it!

I know most people won't like this LU, but I am going with what I like instead of the crowd on this. I have been going with the crowd and been losing of late, so I am changing it up.

• Hmm... very interesting week, some solid match-ups. Can't wait for Sunday.
  • I want a NE receiver on my team... not sure who. Leaning towards either Mitchell or Hogan, Hogan had way more snaps than Mitchell so we'll see if this translates to more targets. I like all 3 NE RBs but am going to have little investment in them based on their overall volume.
  • I'm really liking Ladarius Green. NYG is overall a solid defense but look at the teams they have played recently - Browns, Bears, Bengals, Eagles, Rams, Ravens. And they are playing Big Ben at home, and if there is a weakness for NYG on defense it is defending the TE. Green should get increased snaps this game.
  • Out of the big 3 for RB (Gordon - Bell - DJ), leaning towards Gordon, mainly because of his price yet still has a heavy workload. TB has been surging on defense but they are traveling West and actually are one of the worst in defending pass-catching RBs.
  • The toe injury for Ingram is having me look at Hightower in many of my line-ups... IMO to win big this week in GPP you need a Saints player in your line-up, just depends who you want to roll with...

• Hmm... very interesting week, some solid match-ups. Can't wait for Sunday.
  • I want a NE receiver on my team... not sure who. Leaning towards either Mitchell or Hogan, Hogan had way more snaps than Mitchell so we'll see if this translates to more targets. I like all 3 NE RBs but am going to have little investment in them based on their overall volume.
  • I'm really liking Ladarius Green. NYG is overall a solid defense but look at the teams they have played recently - Browns, Bears, Bengals, Eagles, Rams, Ravens. And they are playing Big Ben at home, and if there is a weakness for NYG on defense it is defending the TE. Green should get increased snaps this game.
  • Out of the big 3 for RB (Gordon - Bell - DJ), leaning towards Gordon, mainly because of his price yet still has a heavy workload. TB has been surging on defense but they are traveling West and actually are one of the worst in defending pass-catching RBs.
  • The toe injury for Ingram is having me look at Hightower in many of my line-ups... IMO to win big this week in GPP you need a Saints player in your line-up, just depends who you want to roll with...
- My one of many weird ideas for the week, especially on DK:  Blount+Lewis+Pats D.  Combined the RBs are 9300.  I realize that is taking White out of the equation, but this is gpp we are talking about.  If I told you a RB was going to get 30 carries and several targets in the passing game in a home game they were favored to win by about 2TDs and have the second highest implied total of the week, you would probably think about paying 9300 for that, right?  I haven't seen what I can build around that, the idea just popped in my head on the way home.  It would be a Belichick move to make sure Fisher knows WTF they have in the backfield after this weekend.  I am sure I have had worse ideas....

- Well, I have not been happy with him the last two weeks and am probably off him this week, so that means he will blow up again like every other time I didn't have him, so enjoy the points!!

- I am leaning towards Snead for gpps, and might pair him up with Thomas or Cooks too. 

Here is a LU on DK I'm looking at

Rodgers

DJ, Bell

Britt, Hill, DGB

Kelce

J Hill

Packers

LU #2 on DK

Rodgers

DJ, Gordon - maybe Howard instead of Gordon

Britt, Hill, Wilson

Kelce

J Hill

Broncos
I am trying something similar, I but I will be honest, I am not sure how much I like the WRs I come up with.  A lot of it is the pricing with the RBs this week.  I was usually able to throw 2-3 WRs in the 4000s in these LUs that I liked, but not sure I can find that this week.  It is more like I am loading up on 3 WRs in the 3000s because of the D and RB pricing.  I have one that I am still staring at, but still deciding how much I want to roll with it.  I did start working on one that is a little more balanced that the IVC seemed to like almost as much that might have less risk with it:

Wilson

DJ/Gordon

Crowder/Snead/D G-B

Kelce

L.Murray

Balt

Long story short, I am struggling this week and very indecisive. 

Two players I'm interested in others input on are Doug Baldwin and Martellus Bennett.  

Dodds/IVC seem to love Bennett this week, but I saw that ankle injury last week, and how he couldn't plant it to block.  Has me worried he might be somewhat limited.  It seems I can easily pivot to McDonald, CJ Fid, Davis, or save some $  and play Ladarius Green.

People seem to be going back to the well with Russel and Dodds seems to want to pair him with Graham.  In a cash lineup Im wanting to pivot to Baldwin instead of Graham.  If Dodds seems to think Wilson will get back on track why wouldn't Baldwin as well?

just some of my thinking

In my league I ended up settling on this LU

Rodgers

DJ, Gordon

Adams, Hill, Snead

McDonald

Hill

Packers

Fav Cash LU this week. I added in a Brandin Cooks/Brees stack for some extra flavor. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Brees

DJ/ Jordan Howard

Tyrek Hill

Brandin Cooks

Green-Beckham

Kelce 

Jeremy Hill

Baltimore

Well I ended up losing my Gut feeling about Fitz this week, not really, I will have him in some GPP's, but want to go a little safer for cash. 

Changed the Fitz Thur/Mon LU to this now...........

#1 Staff-Zeke(20)-DJ-Britt-Meredith-Marvin-H. Henry-Forte-Balt.

I love Forte against the Colts this week, as a matter of fact, I love a lot of Jets. Marvin is still up in the air for me being questionable. I will probably move to Hill now that Maclin is out. 

#2-Sun Only: Ben-McCoy-Hyde-AB-Boldin-Inman-McDonald-RB J. Hill-Den

Stil a few questions on this one, weather, bad matchup, etc. have me pausing on Ben/AB. I love McCoy at Oakland. I love Hill to reach value easily. Inman and Boldin are plug and play in all formats for me this wee too. Hyde with McDonald gives me pause too, I like both, but may change TE's since I McDonald in another LU. 

#3-Sun/Mon: Kaep-Bell-DJ-T.  Hill-Enunwa-DGB-McDonald-Howard-Balt. 

Kaep/McDonald stack may change because of weather. Love my RB's in this LU. Hill is a much better play now with Maclin out. Love Enunwa and DGB to reach value. 

Feel free to give any thoughts opinions. 

Well I ended up losing my Gut feeling about Fitz this week, not really, I will have him in some GPP's, but want to go a little safer for cash. 

Changed the Fitz Thur/Mon LU to this now...........

#1 Staff-Zeke(20)-DJ-Britt-Meredith-Marvin-H. Henry-Forte-Balt.

I love Forte against the Colts this week, as a matter of fact, I love a lot of Jets. Marvin is still up in the air for me being questionable. I will probably move to Hill now that Maclin is out. 

#2-Sun Only: Ben-McCoy-Hyde-AB-Boldin-Inman-McDonald-RB J. Hill-Den

Stil a few questions on this one, weather, bad matchup, etc. have me pausing on Ben/AB. I love McCoy at Oakland. I love Hill to reach value easily. Inman and Boldin are plug and play in all formats for me this wee too. Hyde with McDonald gives me pause too, I like both, but may change TE's since I McDonald in another LU. 

#3-Sun/Mon: Kaep-Bell-DJ-T.  Hill-Enunwa-DGB-McDonald-Howard-Balt. 

Kaep/McDonald stack may change because of weather. Love my RB's in this LU. Hill is a much better play now with Maclin out. Love Enunwa and DGB to reach value. 

Feel free to give any thoughts opinions. 
I think in general I have moved off the SF/Chic game.  It's a popular one to be mined for cheap players I know, but at the end of the day I just stared at it and realized these are two of the worst teams in football with a low o/u playing in what might be the worst game for weather tomorrow.  Might come back to haunt me, but I have McDonald in 1 gpp and Howard in 1 gpp on each site, but that's all I have from this game. 

Should have took Howard. May be the last time I take the obvious QBs. Just go with my gut next week on those 

Fav Cash LU this week. I added in a Brandin Cooks/Brees stack for some extra flavor. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Brees 13

DJ/ Jordan Howard 32/ 13

Tyrek Hill 12

Brandin Cooks 14

Green-Beckham 7

Kelce 25

Jeremy Hill 12

Baltimore 15
Currently sitting at 145 pts on DK with my LU recommendation with 2 and a 1/2 quarters left for big guy David Johnson.

Hope everyone out there is fairing well. Wish I would have a had a Baltimore stack today in GPP. 

Interesting fact of the day: today was Kaps first NFL game in the snow. 

Users who are viewing this thread