What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Websites that put effort into DYNASTY content?? (1 Viewer)

spider321

Footballguy
Since FBG has all but abandoned those of us who want dynasty content, what sites actually do a good job with dynasty articles, rankings, etc?

To me forums are the most valuable thing out there right now for Dynasty. I am not really happy with DLF's content or layout. To be honest I haven't read an article on their site in months. There are a couple real good "prognosticators" on Twitter that I wish would start their own site or start writing for one that already exists. It's really too bad as I think Dynasty has really exploded over the last few years.  

I'm just consistently surprised and disappointed FBGs doesn't/can't/won't bring in more staffing for dynasty content.

Spike said:
I'm just consistently surprised and disappointed FBGs doesn't/can't/won't bring in more staffing for dynasty content.
I "love" how every summer we hear that there will be exciting new dynasty content produced daily and it's always bupkis.

I "love" how every summer we hear that there will be exciting new dynasty content produced daily and it's always bupkis.
Daily last year had a bunch of DraftKings articles, this year it's 100% flipped to FanDuel it's no surprise that's where the money is.

Dynasty nerds is pretty good.   Probably one of the better dynasty podcasts.

Dynastyleaguefootball.com is a friggen joke.   Their rankings are good comedy sometimes. 

I wonder if the dynasty market is just too small? 

Daily last year had a bunch of DraftKings articles, this year it's 100% flipped to FanDuel it's no surprise that's where the money is.
I think the daily sites might even pay for content directed at their crap.   It's where they are spending all that ad money this year? 

Denver724 said:
To me forums are the most valuable thing out there right now for Dynasty. I am not really happy with DLF's content or layout. To be honest I haven't read an article on their site in months. There are a couple real good "prognosticators" on Twitter that I wish would start their own site or start writing for one that already exists. It's really too bad as I think Dynasty has really exploded over the last few years.  
We need to get a dynasty thread (value, strategy, prospects, rankings, general discussions) going again. For years there was a great one going with many great posters and many great discussions - started by Chris Wessling (forget his screen name) who left to write for NFL.com.

We need to get a dynasty thread (value, strategy, prospects, rankings, general discussions) going again. For years there was a great one going with many great posters and many great discussions - started by Chris Wessling (forget his screen name) who left to write for NFL.com.
Could make a Dynasty site if there is actually enough market to warrant it... 

Dynasty League Football

Dynasty Nerds

Both are miles better than FBG where dynasty is concerned.  Overall I prefer the articles on the former, but the rankings and the podcast on the later.

Dynastyleaguefootball.com is a friggen joke.   Their rankings are good comedy sometimes.
What makes you say this?  I've lost a bit of interest in their weekly content over the past month, but as far as I'm concerned there dynasty rankings are great.  7-8 staffers with rankings, most of which are current to within a month, with typically half of which seem to update weekly.  Now do I uncheck a couple of those data sets because I disagree with them?  Sure.  But I'm not aware of a dynasty site with rankings updated by multiple people more frequently than their site. 

Disclsimer:  I'm unaffiliated.

What makes you say this?  I've lost a bit of interest in their weekly content over the past month, but as far as I'm concerned there dynasty rankings are great.  7-8 staffers with rankings, most of which are current to within a month, with typically half of which seem to update weekly.  Now do I uncheck a couple of those data sets because I disagree with them?  Sure.  But I'm not aware of a dynasty site with rankings updated by multiple people more frequently than their site. 

I wish they would update their devy rankings a little more often. And I also wish they had some sort of schedule to update their dyno rankings. Once a month or whatever is fine as long as all 7-8 update at the same time. I think it just makes for a more consistent rating system. But hey, thats just me. I paid $17.99 for another year and will continue to do so. There are some improvements that could be made that would make for a better user experience. 

I guess I should check out Dynasty Nerds and see what they have to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Because of how bad the rankings are.  Usually way way way over valuing unproven youth or refusing to downgrade players like Michal Floyd. They take a really optimistic view of a young player they like as a prospect, and then anchor to that in the face of evidence to the contrary.  

If the rankings are horrible it doesn't matter how often they update them.

I don't look at the site anymore really so maybe it has improved,  but the writers seem to echo chamber and get in pissing matches where anyone who disagrees leaves.   I still listen to their podcast but it's not very good.  I actually can't look at their rankings anymore to give a specific example because they put up a paywall.   Their stubborn analysis probably still has Kevin White as a top 15 WR or Ameer Abdullah as a top 15 RB...  If I recall correctly they had one guy who wouldn't admit that Giovanni Bernard isn't a top asset going in to 2016 but I could be conflating that with another site. 

DLF summer 2014 dynasty rankings had McCoy as the number 3 player...  Above Julio.   Gio and Lacy above Antonio Brown.  Cordarrell Patterson number 22 overall.  Monte Ball number 34.  Zach Stacy top 50.  You could say hindsight but it's overvalued players who have done nothing or overvalued players with limited long term value.

2015 was actually way better at the top, but they didn't like largely obvious picks like Allen Robinson, and hated Moncrief having Dorsett ranked right along side him which was also obvious to me.  Their QB ranks are always atrocious as well.   Ryan Tannehill way ahead and Bridgewater ahead of Jameis was another obvious one.   It's like they don't know anything about actual football,  and it's obvious in their podcasts.

Tks archive.org

Because of how bad the rankings are.  Usually way way way over valuing unproven youth or refusing to downgrade players like Michal Floyd. They take a really optimistic view of a young player they like as a prospect, and then anchor to that in the face of evidence to the contrary.  

If the rankings are horrible it doesn't matter how often they update them.

I don't look at the site anymore really so maybe it has improved,  but the writers seem to echo chamber and get in pissing matches where anyone who disagrees leaves.   I still listen to their podcast but it's not very good.  I actually can't look at their rankings anymore to give a specific example because they put up a paywall.   Their stubborn analysis probably still has Kevin White as a top 15 WR or Ameer Abdullah as a top 15 RB...  If I recall correctly they had one guy who wouldn't admit that Giovanni Bernard isn't a top asset going in to 2016 but I could be conflating that with another site. 
Very good points. Its too bad they didn't have a better cross section of "rankers" to balance some of the more youth oriented views. That way the average rankings may not be as skewed. Are there any sites that you would suggest that do a better job? 

:yes:

DLF summer 2014 dynasty rankings had McCoy as the number 3 player...  Above Julio.   Gio and Lacy above Antonio Brown.  Cordarrell Patterson number 22 overall.  Monte Ball number 34.  Zach Stacy top 50.  You could say hindsight but it's overvalued players who have done nothing or overvalued players with limited long term value.

2015 was actually way better at the top, but they didn't like largely obvious picks like Allen Robinson, and hated Moncrief having Dorsett ranked right along side him which was also obvious to me.  Their QB ranks are always atrocious as well.   Ryan Tannehill way ahead and Bridgewater ahead of Jameis was another obvious one.   It's like they don't know anything about actual football,  and it's obvious in their podcasts.

Tks archive.org
All people will be wrong sometimes, this would be boring if everyone thought the same or were right.  

As for McCoy and all that, that's probably more due to over valuing RB. which most people seem to do, or did. 

My favorite is the almost every week we see listed in stuff coming for the week under the dynasty section the Dynasty Trade Value Chart and than most weeks it never actually comes out. Might be supposed to come out every other week but not how it's shown and this upsets me on two levels.

One it's the best, most useful, dynasty content this website puts out and second it's crappy customer service to continue to promote it as coming out and when it does not actually come out  and never bother to say why it never came out or offer an explanation.

Really in the end I'm only looking for one giant bit of dynasty information. I know how I value players but trying to get some idea how other people value players to assist in trading. Don't much care for anything else but can't really get that here either or any site I know about. Again that Trade Value Chart was good stuff, when it comes out.

Actually glad that others feel similar to me about DLF. I thought I was just wrong and was missing the boat. I was a subscriber there 2 years ago and wasn't overly impressed except with the fact that they focused on dynasty format way more than FBG.

I do wish FBG would either make a decision to drop dynasty information or embrace it. Like others have said, there are constant comments for FBG powers that there will be more dynasty content in the future, but that always gets to be bumped to the back burner because of some other important content.

Just registered for Dynasty Nerds, so I will be checking that out.

:yes:

All people will be wrong sometimes, this would be boring if everyone thought the same or were right.  

As for McCoy and all that, that's probably more due to over valuing RB. which most people seem to do, or did. 
Yeah I may be being a bit unfair to them in hindsight on this topic,  but for me it was a long series of "you have got to be kidding me" rankings and associated analysis that made me not like DLF.   I still listen to their podcast but it annoys me on several levels. It's the next football podcast I move on from. 

First impression of Dynasty Nerds is that it looks pretty and I wish it included some IDP content with their rankings.

I don't think dynasty or IDP is growing much, if it all.  Wish it was, dynasty IDP is the best challenge there is, but I doubt the market is growing, Hell it might be shrinking.

I think the daily sites might even pay for content directed at their crap.   It's where they are spending all that ad money this year? 
Well, I did get a subscription this year for depositing $10.00 into Fanduel, so i'm assuming their is some subsidies somewhere.

A bit bothered their year offer was only about 6 months of actual access, but no big deal. If I can't get that deal again I probably won't renew. Dynasty material they offer isn't worth much more than the $10.00, sadly.

Very good points. Its too bad they didn't have a better cross section of "rankers" to balance some of the more youth oriented views. That way the average rankings may not be as skewed. Are there any sites that you would suggest that do a better job? 
Rotoviz radio has some good dynasty content.   Dynasty trade calculator is not a bad site for rankings either,  better than DLF IMO but I disagree with many of theirs as well.   They have Tyrell Williams in the 50s for WR rankings and don't do an overall ranking outside of the trade values,  just positional. 

Dynasty nerds also as previously mentioned. 

Doesn't Parsons have his own dynasty site? I think, can't recal the name. 
Uthdynasty.com. Has articles, rankings including IDP, and podcasts, some free and some behind a paywall. Also have a pay for trade calculator. They are getting into devy leagues as well.

Maybe FBG doesn't go after dynasty content because they don't want to step on Parsons toes. Just a thought.

Parsons uses his own metrics along with film study in analysis. Many will probably say he's too youth oriented. Personally I don't care if an analyst is youth orientated or would prefer proven players. I just care that the thoughts that bring them to their preference have their reasoning evident.

I'll make my own decisions from there.

DFS will collapse in 18 months. The DraftKings/FanDuel merger only bought them a little more time, but, they're already close to bankrupt and not paying vendors and not fulfilling contracts. The list of states where it's legal is getting shorter, not longer.

Maybe then if FBG isn't shuttered, they'll turn back to dynasty.
With the way paying customers are ignored and belittled by the owners around here, hopefully FBG will collapse by then, too.

I gave up looking at dynasty sites but I listen to the dynasty blueprint, with Matt Williamson and Ryan McDowell. Does the job for me. Especially getting guys in wth different strategies and reviewing the adp data they put out at DLF.

dynasty1 podcast I enjoy to, which is the same guys who did the DLF podcast until this season, I think.

dunno if either have their own sites though 

My favorite is the almost every week we see listed in stuff coming for the week under the dynasty section the Dynasty Trade Value Chart and than most weeks it never actually comes out. Might be supposed to come out every other week but not how it's shown and this upsets me on two levels.

One it's the best, most useful, dynasty content this website puts out and second it's crappy customer service to continue to promote it as coming out and when it does not actually come out  and never bother to say why it never came out or offer an explanation.

Really in the end I'm only looking for one giant bit of dynasty information. I know how I value players but trying to get some idea how other people value players to assist in trading. Don't much care for anything else but can't really get that here either or any site I know about. Again that Trade Value Chart was good stuff, when it comes out.
Meh. Dans in one of my leagues and he doesn't stick to it. I've offered him deals that are in his favor per his chart where it helps both teams and it's a reject. Makes me wonder how much he really believes it. Also, what's the actually methodology used to come up with the point values? 

What would be really helpful is if someone could mine trade data from MFL dynasty leagues and then come up with player value based on that data. Someone way way smarter than me. While I like the completed trades threads it's a small subset. 

Dynasty nerds is pretty good.   Probably one of the better dynasty podcasts.

I wonder if the dynasty market is just too small? 
Dynasty league football site is a joke.  They had dorial green Beckham as the 20-30 overall dynasty player a week before he was basically cut.  Ripped on odb after his rookie season proclaiming him over rated.  Called Zeke the most over rated rookie ever.

It's a bunch of 20 somethings doing rankings who overreact and rank do nothing wr's highly. 

Dynasty league football site is a joke.  They had dorial green Beckham as the 20-30 overall dynasty player a week before he was basically cut.  Ripped on odb after his rookie season proclaiming him over rated.  Called Zeke the most over rated rookie ever.

It's a bunch of 20 somethings doing rankings who overreact and rank do nothing wr's highly. 
It might help to put somethings into perspective.

I believe most every Football GURU has a few DGB's, given enough time. However, I also know hes Philly's #1 WR (currently). Now I also like ODB (alot), but ya cant deny some rather mediocre games, for an Elite talent. We should also note that some folks were making comparisons of Zeke too AP, and other memorable backs comin out of College.

(fwiw) I own all three players. Im still not really sure what to make of DGB. However, I must admit I expected more from both ODB, and Zeke.  I mean there Great players, but I thought I seen more.  Personally I contemplated spending my top pick on ODB, and not Evans (figuring Evans, may take awhile to Ball out).  I also traded A. Brown to acquire Zeke. Ya might say Im thankful there not dead nuts on point.

As you know, Dynasty isnt about being right Today. Its about Hope for Tomorrow.

Obviously, I do find some Questionable rankings, but to each his own. Id suggest reviewing all material, before comming to the Pool (including DLF)

People are funny. Do you really expect any website out there to be 100% correct all of the time on there player rankings, etc.? If that website existed, there would be no point to even play the game. Not to mention the guy running it would be an NFL GM making millions. GM's and coaches miss on more players than they hit on and that's all they do is evaluate players and talent. This is all opinion, educated guesses, crystal ball, etc. Just have fun with it.

Joe's getting your hard earned money regardless (not yours specifically....necessarily), what does he care about coming through on site promises after he collects your paycheck?

I think this is most of it - the youth and inexperience of the analysts.  I feel like they don't really understand football outside of fantasy football, and it's probably from coming of age in today's fantasy football culture.  By that I mean people seem to put the cart before the horse and forget that knowing actual NFL football is the foundation for being a good fantasy analyst.  I feel like Matt Harmon is a young guy who does a great job of doing good real life football analysis and the extrapolating that to what it means for fantasy.  DLF is like the anti-Matt Harmon if you listen to their podcasts.

The worst part is they overreact when they shouldn't and fail to react when they should - probably instincts that you develop with experience though...  Just to pile on a bit more, they also hated David Johnson (had Andre Ellington higher), loved Duke Johnson, and had Dez Bryant as the #1 overall dynasty player to begin the 2015 season.

That site is total trash, though I suppose maybe I should thank them for leading other owners who haven't figured that out yet astray...  They never are on guys like Isaiah Crowell (Duke Johnson!!!), Thomas Rawls, or other UDFA guys that end up hitting in a predictable way.  Nelson Agholor over Allen Robinson (and Jarvis Landry) is another precious gem... They put too much stock in NFL draft order after we've seen the players on the field... 

It might help to put somethings into perspective.

I believe most every Football GURU has a few DGB's, given enough time. However, I also know hes Philly's #1 WR (currently). Now I also like ODB (alot), but ya cant deny some rather mediocre games, for an Elite talent. We should also note that some folks were making comparisons of Zeke too AP, and other memorable backs comin out of College.

(fwiw) I own all three players. Im still not really sure what to make of DGB. However, I must admit I expected more from both ODB, and Zeke.  I mean there Great players, but I thought I seen more.  Personally I contemplated spending my top pick on ODB, and not Evans (figuring Evans, may take awhile to Ball out).  I also traded A. Brown to acquire Zeke. Ya might say Im thankful there not dead nuts on point.

As you know, Dynasty isnt about being right Today. Its about Hope for Tomorrow.

Obviously, I do find some Questionable rankings, but to each his own. Id suggest reviewing all material, before comming to the Pool (including DLF)
I think Dynasty is all about being right today.  If you're right today you pick up from waivers or draft the right players who become tomorrow's stars.  It's better to be "right" today (in 2015) and grab David Johnson than to hope that in the future Duke Johnson is going to realize his ultimate potential while playing on the Browns.

It's better to be right in 2014 during the draft and get Allen Robinson rather than Marquise Lee.  Some had Kelvin Benjamin and Bishop Sankey above ODB.   Pretty sure Sankey was a big DLF favorite by the way - yep he was above ODB before 2014 started.  LMAO...

Hoping for tomorrow is how the donators in my dynasty leagues play.  

What would be really helpful is if someone could mine trade data from MFL dynasty leagues and then come up with player value based on that data. Someone way way smarter than me. While I like the completed trades threads it's a small subset. 
It's a good idea, but how would you present it? Just show all trades with a given player? MFL has an API and you can get all the trades for a league pretty simply. I tried to doing dynasty ADP using the MFL api for a while after DLF put theirs behind a wall, but gave up when I saw Dynasty nerds was doing a better job of it (they were far better at recruiting). Granted another reason I tried to do it is because nobody was collecting ADP during the season, which I think is equally useful for trade evaluation, and now I see DN hasn't done one since August. Are we sure Rotoviz isn't already doing this? One of the tricks would be coming up with a list of leagues to monitor. I know Rotoviz uses the trick of just filtering for leagues with Dynasty in the name, not sure how far that gets you.

The sad thing to me is that no one from FBG has bothered to post in this thread. To me that just shows apathy.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I am disappointed in a lot of things surrounding FBG this year - dynasty included.

I've been a loyal paid member as long as I can remember, but the content has really gone downhill in my view and I'm strongly considering not re-upping.

That said, the Shark Pool has also dropped off sharply in terms of regular and valuable volume (both pre-season and in-season), so it seems to be a trend everywhere. Everywhere that is except for Twitter, Sleeperbot and other social media out there that seem to be pulling people away from sites like FBG and its competitors.

Off my soapbox now...

Joe's getting your hard earned money regardless (not yours specifically....necessarily), what does he care about coming through on site promises after he collects your paycheck?
Because when you treat us like this, you aren't getting our next check.

Ive searched for dynasty info....to deal with my 5 keeper etc, which i tend to combo dynasty and redraft research.

All the usual suspects I have seen and I have concluded a few things...

Most that play dynasty are close to as knowledgable as the writers that attempt to give dynasty info. This means its just a compilation of data which needs to be emphasized. 

Just data = boring and obvious, but opinion = somewhat irrelevant. 

As I have grown in this hobby (20+) years I use writers opinions to learn something I don't know (this week facing shut down corner etc), so the more the better but in dynasty its only deep research that exposes something that everyone doesn't know yet. Thats where I see the issue. Scouting dynasty value is much less backed by anything but complete speculation.

I would think that a "Dynasty Discussion" thread, pinned at the top of this forum, with links to the Trade thread, a QB thread, RB thread etc would be as good as anything we can find elsewhere. 

When it comes down to it, WE are better as a whole with this than any one or two writers. F&Loathing had a great running thread but it needed to be broken down in sub categories.

I come to these forums first and last when i read up throughout my year because you folks are really the best at this. Lets do this with a Dynasty thread. 

Seriously No offense to anyone posting. But, being provided concrete Rankings that A. Brown is or isnt the Top WR in Dynasty, should be viewed as the latter/End part of the conversation. Im just stating that you may want to consider how "some folks" have come to that conclusion.  More importantly (imho) Why isnt Evans valued greater? Why would anyone Only care to know a Ranking? Would it bother you to find out that the person evaluating, is a Huge OSU fan?  (fyi) It probably should, because its Bias B.S. Rankings

Basically, some guys have already done most of the grunt work. So relax, and enjoy the Pool. OR Spend some time reading some Guru's rants. However, IF you do find something that goes against the grain, please try to find facts to backup your newly acquired view. Bottom line, It is always acceptable to just avoid hemming and hawing, and state your View/stance.

(imo) Guys need to go through stages.  I really think ya need to see Rankings wrong, and understand why their wrong, to take your game to the next level. Thats just one of a few steps that Ive taken. (Its also important too see Rankings right, and know Why there Right.)

P.S. (imho) One of the Top 5 Guru's for Dynasty is in the Pool.

Users who are viewing this thread