What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 World Baseball Classic Thread (1 Viewer)

Several Venezuelan stars threaten to quit team after manager Omar Vizquel replaced by Eddie Perez

I watch. I care. Capella continues to grudge #### baseball. The beat goes on.

Got tickets for the last 3 games of the second round at Petco and the Finals at Dodger Stadium. Petco seats seemed a pretty good value, LA was considerably more expensive. Anyone here going?

I went to the semifinals in SF in 2013.  It was a lot of fun with a different atmosphere than a MLB game.  Secondary market ticket prices went down after the USA lost. 

The USA should make it through to San Diego this time around.  If Mexico advances out of pool D, Petco could be rockin.    Similarly, if Korea and Japan make it through to the finals in LA, it'll be good for the tournament.

It seemed like more a celebration of the game than the typical partisan MLB home crowd.  There were taiko drummers in support of Japan that reminded me of the old Baseball Stars video game.

Eephus said:
It seemed like more a celebration of the game than the typical partisan MLB home crowd.  There were taiko drummers in support of Japan that reminded me of the old Baseball Stars video game.
Awesome.

Team Canada shaping up nicely.  Russell Martin playing SS and a pitching staff that includes Ryan Dempster and Eric Gagne. :thumbup:  

Bruce Chen will pitch for China this time around after representing Panama in previous tournaments.

Team Canada shaping up nicely.  Russell Martin playing SS and a pitching staff that includes Ryan Dempster and Eric Gagne. :thumbup:  
Martin out now due to surgery but Freddie Freeman is now playing for Canada, so there's that.

Last WBC Gagne coached for France :lmao:  

Four days away from the opening game between Korea and Israel.   Anything can happen when these old rivals get together.

The Israel win today scrambles up Pool A.  Korea at home was the favorite in the group.  They can still advance with wins over Taiwan and the Netherlands but could face a tie-breaker game depending on the other results.

Israel plays Taiwan tonight (US time).  Another win will put them in a great position to advance.  They'll start Cardinals farmhand Corey Baker against RHP Chun Lin Kuo from the Seibu Lions in NPB.

The Israel win today scrambles up Pool A.  Korea at home was the favorite in the group.  They can still advance with wins over Taiwan and the Netherlands but could face a tie-breaker game depending on the other results.

Israel plays Taiwan tonight (US time).  Another win will put them in a great position to advance.  They'll start Cardinals farmhand Corey Baker against RHP Chun Lin Kuo from the Seibu Lions in NPB.
Could see Netherland and Israel advancing now.  Interested to see how Netherlands puts together their line-up.  Simmons, Bogaerts, Didi, Profar, Schoop.  Schoop and Profar in the OF with Simmons at SS, Didi at 2B and Bogaerts at 3B?

I'm watching Cuba versus China.  Cuban guy Banos? has a nasty split and or curve.  I'm not gonna make it very far tonight....

This is really just not good. Little league rules in regards to pitching, being told about it ad naseum, while watching Bruce Chen pitch in a ballpark that makes The Trop not only look appealing but like they draw well. 

It's cool to see Alfredo Despaigne beyond Youtube highlights.  With Gurriel coming over, he's the most famous Cuban outside the US system. 

Why are they still doing this crap. Nobody watches or cares. 
The Caribbean is maxed out but Mexico, Asia, and Australia are opportunities baseball is focused on and this event pulls into the spotlight.  MLB knows what they're doing. 

The Caribbean is maxed out but Mexico, Asia, and Australia are opportunities baseball is focused on and this event pulls into the spotlight.  MLB knows what they're doing. 
So why is there talk about them sunsetting it then?

Stunning 5 run rally in the bottom of the 9th for Italy to beat Mexico in Jalisco.  The Mexican defense didn't help Roberto Osuna and Oliver Perez with an error and a dropped diving catch in RF.  You guys can criticize the tournament all you want but that comeback was awesome. 

And Nick Punto is playing for Italy.

Users who are viewing this thread