What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
Mike Zimmer is out today after having emergency surgery on his eye last night. In what is surprising to me, special team coach Mike Priefer was step in as head coach. 

Would like to find a scenario where both teams can lose.  Short of that I will be hoping the Cowboys prevail.  Should be an interesting game.  I wonder whether the Vikings have any more thunderbolts in their quiver, 100+ yard plays.  They have certainly been opportunistic and exciting.

How do you miss that call??

Bro, these refs are totally screwing_________!!!!  They clearly have it in for_____________!!!!

Why aren't they throwing it to_________??

(I'm not around tonight, just wanted to hold my place).  

With all the flexing ability the NFL has, why they don't swap this Thursday game (featuring the best team record-wise and a huge national pull in terms of audience, and a contender in a lightweight division seeking to stay alive for the playoffs) for the Monday night game (featuring two teams who are pretty much out of the playoff race and likely to be way more of a boring game) I don't know.

With all the flexing ability the NFL has, why they don't swap this Thursday game (featuring the best team record-wise and a huge national pull in terms of audience, and a contender in a lightweight division seeking to stay alive for the playoffs) for the Monday night game (featuring two teams who are pretty much out of the playoff race and likely to be way more of a boring game) I don't know.
Can never swap a Thurs game.  Travel logistics and so forth.  

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer will not be handling Thursday night’s game against the Cowboys, a day after undergoing emergency surgery to repair a detached retina.

According to G.M. Rick Spielman, special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer will serve as the interim coach.

“We have the utmost confidence that Mike Priefer will be able to handle the interim head-coaching duties for tonight,” Spielman said on a media conference call.
The special teams coach has taken over?

I think it would be great if he called fake punts and onside kicks all game long.  One game as the boss, make it count, buddy.  

In regards to the colts they are very much in the playoff race being 1 game back from the division leader...with 5 games left to play.

The jets I agree on being out of the playoff race

If Im going stay up late to watch a game, Id much prefer the next day to be Friday over Tuesday. 

Bench Dez tonight?

#1 - Minnesota is good vs the pass, real good

#2 - Its Thursday, I hate Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
Bench Dez tonight?

#1 - Minnesota is good vs the pass, real good

#2 - Its Thursday, I hate Thursday
I would say OK, not "real good". The past 5 games' top WRs: 

Tate 5 for 77

Fitz  6 for 63

Garcon 6 for 81

Tate 11 for 79, TD

Jeffery 4 for 63, TD

As far as benching a player...as always, it depends upon your other options. Secondly, both of these teams have has a week off so it isn't a typical Thursday night game. 

I would say OK, not "real good". The past 5 games' top WRs: 

Tate 5 for 77

Fitz  6 for 63

Garcon 6 for 81

Tate 11 for 79, TD

Jeffery 4 for 63, TD

As far as benching a player...as always, it depends upon your other options. Secondly, both of these teams have has a week off so it isn't a typical Thursday night game. 
Good post....

I bench the Vikings D because the Patsies have the Niners and of course the Vikings go off again when they "shouldn't."

Now the Patsies have the Rams up.... and the Vikings the Cowboys. No brainer, right?

I love FF. :wall:

Can never swap a Thurs game.  Travel logistics and so forth.  
Didn't know that, thanks. Would think the logistics of travel presents similar complications no matter what night the game is on in terms of flexing games. 

In regards to the colts they are very much in the playoff race being 1 game back from the division leader...with 5 games left to play.
Would argue the "very much in the playoff race" part -- they can still make it in, but the task looks Sisyphean, and not really in their control. Right now there are two teams ahead of them in the division, and while it's only a one game difference, HOU has a perfect divisional record so far vs. Indy's 2-2, a slightly better conference record, and HOU has already beaten the Colts this year.

For Indy to make it in, they would essentially need to go 5-0 to end the season, including winning 3 of those games on the road, and maybe even then need some help from the outside of other teams beating HOU and TEN.

Are they in the race? Certainly, anything can happen. AGS and all.

Are they "very much" in the race? I'd argue no.

I believe 67% of offensive plays run against DAL are pass plays because teams are always playing catch-up. DAL salts away games like no one else.

I think MIN could actually win this one but I'm trying to figure out how they could if they're forced to play catch-up. They don't push the ball past the sticks. I suppose Diggs being back is pretty huge however.

I think MIN could actually win this one but I'm trying to figure out how they could if they're forced to play catch-up. They don't push the ball past the sticks. I suppose Diggs being back is pretty huge however.
Good thoughts overall in the post, and to this part, I think exactly this. I think MIN will get behind and struggle to keep up, with Diggs especially (and Rudolph to some extent) the big beneficiary. All rests on Bradford finding protection and some consistent accuracy against a DAL secondary that can be torched (see the last two weeks vs Cousins and Flacco as good examples).

I believe 67% of offensive plays run against DAL are pass plays because teams are always playing catch-up. DAL salts away games like no one else.

At home, they have a good defense (well, suppposedly).

And:  Thursday.  Thursday is like bad weather, it's the great equalizer.  

Didn't know that, thanks. Would think the logistics of travel presents similar complications no matter what night the game is on in terms of flexing games. 
Only the Sunday Night games can be flexed and they can only swap with another Sunday game - so it's really only the difference of a few hours in kickoff times for any fans going to the game - not a totally different day,

At home, they have a good defense (well, suppposedly).

And:  Thursday.  Thursday is like bad weather, it's the great equalizer.  
But these two teams each played on Thanksgiving so it's a normal week in between - not a typical Thursday Night game on 3 days rest.

massraider said:
How do you miss that call??

Bro, these refs are totally screwing_________!!!!  They clearly have it in for_____________!!!!

Why aren't they throwing it to_________??

(I'm not around tonight, just wanted to hold my place).  
This post is not getting nearly enough love. So so funny. :lol:  

Mike Zimmer is out today after having emergency surgery on his eye last night. In what is surprising to me, special team coach Mike Priefer was step in as head coach. 
I thought that was odd too - no faith in Sparano after his Miami gig went south?  (no pun intended) 

Biased speculation here but I feel like a fill-in coach would highlight the key players (Diggs) in the game plan as to not screw up. Especially in a game that means a lot to MIN. If they pull this off they are in great shape. I don't know, wishful thinking I guess as I could really use a win this week to increase my seed

Biased speculation here but I feel like a fill-in coach would highlight the key players (Diggs) in the game plan as to not screw up. Especially in a game that means a lot to MIN. If they pull this off they are in great shape. I don't know, wishful thinking I guess as I could really use a win this week to increase my seed
I hear wearing loose shorts and avoiding hot tubs can help with that too...

Any confirmation on who is inactive? I'm guessing Diggs is playing but would be nice to know for sure. 

Is this dome retractable?  Is it open tonight if so?  

Trying  to decide on the minny d or waiver fodder like Houston or Oakland. No simmer is troubling

Diggs on the field, working out, and playing (per NFLN sideline reporter)... I would like to SEE it with my own eyes however.

In my line-up now... but looking for news.

All I know is that it's way way overdue for Everson Griffen to have a big defensive performance. It's unfathomable to me that a DL can go an entire game and not make a single tackle. 1 point performances in a 2-pt per tackle format are just not acceptable.  :rant:

Is this dome retractable?  Is it open tonight if so?  

Trying  to decide on the minny d or waiver fodder like Houston or Oakland. No simmer is troubling
"Similar" boat here with the Pats D rostered. Two times I've sat the Vikings and regretted it. Big. Much higher ceiling and similar floor.

Convincing myself to roll the Vikings. Gives me something to root for tonight.

For what it's worth... They explained on the news tonight here that they choose the special teams coach to fill in as they wanted to make sure the offensive & defensive coaches could concentrate on thier areas. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread