What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 13 news (1 Viewer)

The Claymaker

Footballguy
Jatavius Brown SD LB still not practicing as of Wednesday and not looking good to go this weekend. 

I have seen John Timu Chi LB being picked up as the new ILB for the Bears, but have no confirmation of this. Could be a desperation pick up if you need a LB last minute. 

Jalen Collins should be starting CB in Atlanta the rest of the year with Trufant going to IR. He has had 2 solid games so far as his replacement. 

Bush played most the defensive snaps for Chi at safety the last 2 weeks even though the tackle numbers aren't great. 

Addae SD SS was back last week and had a solid game. He could be another last minute fill in guy. Played 94% of the D snaps  

Falcons CB Trufant done for year with torn pec. DE Clayborn out 1 month with MCL.

Panthers S Coleman enters concussion protocol.

Browns coach Hue Jackson says S Ed Reynolds (former Stanford All-American) has settled-down the entire secondary. Long term value pointing way up.

Rams DE Robert Quinn also showed up in concussion protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:
After last night's game, Harrison Smith in a walking boot and on crutches saying he doesn't have a lot of feeling in his leg. He has 10 days to recover, but was gimpy going in and seems to have made it worse. From where I sit, it doesn't look good for the first week of FF playoffs. Keeping my fingers crossed but making alternate plans.

• Kuechly and Coleman officially ruled out for this week
  • Mario Addison ruled out this week
  • Clay Matthews listed as questionable (practiced on Thursday & Friday - limited)
  • DJ Hayden placed on IR
  • Ronald Darby out this week (concussion)
  • Mathieu listed as doubtful (Branch supposed to take slot cover duties).

I've seen Jatavis Brown listed as OUT in a Yahoo league, but not on Rotoworld,etc. Can anybody confirm or deny if he has been ruled out this week?

Jatavius Brown has officially been ruled out. 

Just looking at the official Bears website, it has Christian Jones as the new starting ILB next to Nick Kwiatkoski. I guess this is a watch and see situation, maybe things will clear up this weekend. 

Lions WLB DeAndre Levy (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 13.
Levy has been getting in limited practices, but he's not expected to return Sunday. The Lions could also be without LB Tahir Whitehead (questionable, knee) against the Saints.
What the .....  :wall:

Lions WLB DeAndre Levy (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 13.
Levy has been getting in limited practices, but he's not expected to return Sunday. The Lions could also be without LB Tahir Whitehead (questionable, knee) against the Saints.
What the .....  :wall:
Crap, Whitehead really! He was the one start I felt good about this week.

Geathers also practiced in full today for Indy, so it sounds like he should be a go this Sunday. 
(RotoWire) Geathers did not practice Friday due to a neck issue. He was set to meet with an independent neurologist Friday afternoon in the final step to be cleared from the NFL's concussion protocol, the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: It sounds like the neck issue may keep him sidelined even if he's cleared from the concussion. We'll need to see if he's able to practice Saturday in the team's final activity before Monday's game.

(RotoWire) Dareus (abdomen) is questionable to play Sunday against the Raiders. Analysis: Dareus practiced on a limited basis this week after suffering an abdominal strain last Sunday against the Jaguars. If he's ultimately ruled out, Jerel Worthy will take over at nose tackle, though coach Rex Ryan's comments all week lead to Dareus playing in a very important game for the Bills.

(RotoWire) Geathers did not practice Friday due to a neck issue. He was set to meet with an independent neurologist Friday afternoon in the final step to be cleared from the NFL's concussion protocol, the Indianapolis Star reports. Analysis: It sounds like the neck issue may keep him sidelined even if he's cleared from the concussion. We'll need to see if he's able to practice Saturday in the team's final activity before Monday's game.
Colts FS Clayton Geathers (neck) is out for Week 13 against the Jets.
Geathers practiced in full Thursday, but he was held out Friday and Saturday. He likely suffered a setback. Geathers is week to week.
Rotoworld. 
Droppin like flies.....  :rant:

Six-Burgh Steelers said:
Colts FS Clayton Geathers (neck) is out for Week 13 against the Jets.
Geathers practiced in full Thursday, but he was held out Friday and Saturday. He likely suffered a setback. Geathers is week to week.
Rotoworld. 
Droppin like flies.....  :rant:
Faaaantastic.  

Well, that's about the 6th guy I have out, or likely out, on my one playoff relevant team this week.  I guess at least my Sunday's free now.

I can't find any info on Malcolm Smith's status for this week.  He is listed as questionable but there is no news.  He's a late game, and I would need to replace him with an early-game starter, so any news would be appreciated.

I can't find any info on Malcolm Smith's status for this week.  He is listed as questionable but there is no news.  He's a late game, and I would need to replace him with an early-game starter, so any news would be appreciated.
 inactive for the Raiders are QB Connor Cook, CB Antonio Hamilton, DT Darius Latham, OT Denver Kirkland, OLB Shilique Calhoun, and DT Stacy McGee.

Looks like he's playing. 

everything I read this week was that Cory James would be back in the lineup and then the IDP podcast thought same thing... When was it known that Perry Riley would be getting all the snaps this week?

everything I read this week was that Cory James would be back in the lineup and then the IDP podcast thought same thing... When was it known that Perry Riley would be getting all the snaps this week?
Did he even play a snap?

I thought this was a very strange take by Norton. Just looking at the snap counts it seemed like James was an every down player because Riley didn't play. The week before that Riley played 49 snaps to Jame's 31. So even if you thought James had earned some sort of role back, you would have been cautious with Riley back that it wasn't going to be full-time and/or would be in Riley's favour. Norton didn't seem to realise that James had actually been benched earlier in the season, rather than injured (Jene did correct this on the podcast), and assumed he had just taken the job back.

I'm considering the same options plus Tyvon Branch ARI. Anybody prefer Branch as a pickup over Addae?
Decent line for Addae this week.  I had Harrison Smith and Barry Church already play so Addae (who I ended up getting) was on the bench.  But got Addae just in case Smith's 10 days off aren't enough to get the foot healed up. 

I thought this was a very strange take by Norton. Just looking at the snap counts it seemed like James was an every down player because Riley didn't play. The week before that Riley played 49 snaps to Jame's 31. So even if you thought James had earned some sort of role back, you would have been cautious with Riley back that it wasn't going to be full-time and/or would be in Riley's favour. Norton didn't seem to realise that James had actually been benched earlier in the season, rather than injured (Jene did correct this on the podcast), and assumed he had just taken the job back.
Just to close this off.. snap counts against the Bills:

Riley 69 Snaps on Defense 0 ST Snaps

James 5 snaps on Defense 11 ST Snaps

JPP should miss a few weeks and was being checked for a sports hernia although they are saying he avoided that.  Regardless it is looking like a multi week issue.

After last night's game, Harrison Smith in a walking boot and on crutches saying he doesn't have a lot of feeling in his leg. He has 10 days to recover, but was gimpy going in and seems to have made it worse. From where I sit, it doesn't look good for the first week of FF playoffs. Keeping my fingers crossed but making alternate plans.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Chris Tomasson reports Vikings FS Harrison Smith has a Grade 3 high-ankle sprain and may miss the remainder of the season.

Gally said:
JPP should miss a few weeks and was being checked for a sports hernia although they are saying he avoided that.  Regardless it is looking like a multi week issue.
They lied to us! JPP out 6-8 weeks after undergoing sports hernia surgery. 

Looks like Vaccaro is dropping his appeal and will be suspended for weeks 14-17 for PED's. You guys like Bell or Byrd, or maybe Ellerbe gets an even bigger boost(when healthy)?

Looks like Vaccaro is dropping his appeal and will be suspended for weeks 14-17 for PED's. You guys like Bell or Byrd, or maybe Ellerbe gets an even bigger boost(when healthy)?
I was just looking at this because Byrd's on our wire (pun intended) and I was about to nab him. But I checked the game logs and back in week 3, the only game Vaccaro missed this year, it was the ageless wonder Roman Harper who filled in and played every defensive snap at SS. With that said, Bell probably wasn't completely up to speed and Byrd was on the verge of being benched, but it wouldn't be IDP 2016 without a weekly freakin' monkey wrench. If the Saints continue to favor the three-safety sets they've been running, we may see Harper again. In the end, I'll likely go get Byrd anyway. I think he gets a bump with Vacarro's absence. He's been playing well lately, leading the Saints in solos the past couple of weeks, and isn't it time Winston throws a pick? Byrd's due (pun intended).

Who gets more solos?

Daron Lee @SF

or 

AJ Klein vs SD
If they both play 100% of the snaps, my guess would be Klein simply because SD has a good offense and SF offense totally sucks. So I would think that equates to more opportunities for Klein. I'm not starting either nor do I own either in my leagues, but that's how I would play it. 

Who gets more solos?

Daron Lee @SF

or 

AJ Klein vs SD
I'd start Klein because I'm risk-averse, and I find the Jets/49ers game to be nearly impossible to predict.  I could see the Niners being so bad the Jets' defense barely gets enough snaps to matter.  I could see a low-scoring, defensive affair with good production.  Justncan't make my mind up, so would pick what seems the safer higher-floor choice.  

Users who are viewing this thread