What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Baby Jesus and Beer on Sundays (1 Viewer)

matuski

Footballguy
I can't buy a 6 pack of beer because it isn't moral on religious grounds for 4 hours yet.

However, at that magical moral hour, I can then freely buy my 8 and 10 year olds alcohol at whatever restaurant we happen to eat.

I just wanted to post here thanking Jesus for looking out for me and my children. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we have freedom of no religion in this country?

i always love getting hammered Sunday morning before the NFL. 

Your parents did a number on you with this religion thing. 
No kidding. We have some real disturbed posters over this religion stuff.  Grown-### men too.  You would think at some point they would reconcile with their anger instead of letting it control them all these years.  Must be exhausting to constantly let it control you day in and day out.

All of the blame for having to wait a few hours to buy your alcohol but none of the credit for the day of rest in the first place? 

I don't think this is correct.
As long as the parent, guardian, or spouse is visibly present.  Texas law.

You are liable if something happens to them as a result.. but perfectly legal as long as you are present.

You can't buy OTHER people's kids alcohol (that wouldn't be moral).

As long as the parent, guardian, or spouse is visibly present.  Texas law.

You are liable if something happens to them as a result.. but perfectly legal as long as you are present.

You can't buy OTHER people's kids alcohol (that wouldn't be moral).
You said at a restaurant - you can let them drink it at home but not at a restaurant - or at least that is my understanding.

No kidding. We have some real disturbed posters over this religion stuff.  Grown-### men too.  You would think at some point they would reconcile with their anger instead of letting it control them all these years.  Must be exhausting to constantly let it control you day in and day out.
The effort to repeatedly perceive this stuff as anger is impressive.. unfortunately has never once been the case.

I would use the word "amusement".  At some point in this county's history, people found a way to use an invisible god as grounds to deem an arbitrary hour to be acceptable for the purchase of alcohol.  Perhaps annoyed for a second that I would have to make another trip for beer.  Which in the end I won't do at all because I don't really drink. :shrug:

11:59AM... going to hell.

12:00PM.... you are ordained by the church to be within a god's good will. 

I find this an awesome demonstration of the absurdity of it all. :thumbup:   

In some counties in Maryland, you can't buy alcohol from take out at all on Sunday.  Probably for the best for me anyway.  Although truthfully I just load up on Saturday.

You said at a restaurant - you can let them drink it at home but not at a restaurant - or at least that is my understanding.
You can.  If you are present.  The restaurant doesn't have to comply.

eta - Actually.. I am now finding conflicting info on this. :shrug:

You can.  If you are present.  The restaurant doesn't have to comply.
Technically, maybe, but in practice I seriously doubt ANY restaurant would let you do this.  So you are virtually confined to your house where no one else can see you do it if you want to be a bad parent.

Bottom line, it's a stupid rule based on religious "values" that one may or (probably doesn't) share.  It's got no business being a law.

Do you have a link to the law?  All I can find is at "non-alcohol selling locations"
I am finding the law quoted as simply under care, custody, and control.  I am also finding it quoted as such on their property or leased property.

It seems you are likely correct. :yes:

I love the baby jesus thing, and I use it as often as possible.  Who started that?  Was it Talladega Nights?

Sounds like someone has been drinking a little too much and should probably take sunday off
That is the best part.  I don't really drink.

Still a beer in the back of my fridge leftover from the 6 pack I bought the weekend before Halloween. :lmao:

Grown ### men have learned to deal with stupid blue laws and plan ahead, but that doesn't mean the blue laws aren't stupid. Nothing wrong with finding them irritating (and blaming the source). 

The effort to repeatedly perceive this stuff as anger is impressive.. unfortunately has never once been the case.

I would use the word "amusement".  At some point in this county's history, people found a way to use an invisible god as grounds to deem an arbitrary hour to be acceptable for the purchase of alcohol.  Perhaps annoyed for a second that I would have to make another trip for beer.  Which in the end I won't do at all because I don't really drink. :shrug:

Of course it's absurd.  I have no idea who made the law or why.  

Isn't this the case with any law? Invisible God or not?

Have sex with a girl 10 min before her 18th birthday, your are a pedophile and put on the sex offender list. 1 minute after her 18th birthday :hifive:

Get pulled over and blow 0.15 you get a DUI lose your license, car, surcharges, perhaps your job....blow 0.14.....it's all good

God bless godless Oregon.  At 11am I bought red wine and beer, then went next door and bought bourbon for hot toddies then drove down the street for legal weed. Best state in the world!

General Malaise said:
God bless godless Oregon.  At 11am I bought red wine and beer, then went next door and bought bourbon for hot toddies then drove down the street for legal weed. Best state in the world!
Don't rub it in :hot:

Users who are viewing this thread