What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

For the 3rd week in a row I will say Mitchell.  I wonder when people will stop arguing that Chris Hogan is coming back...
Chris Hogan is back.  I'm not saying I'd rather have him over Mitchell because I obviously wouldn't but Hogan is back in the offense.

Picking up Ladarius Green as insurance for Olsen, who has been abysmal recently, just in case Olsen continue to struggle through the playoffs.

Lockett? Obviously not going to bust off 75-yard runs every week, but he was more involved in the passing game as well (5/63 on 6 targets).

Quizz again? Finished out the game instead of Martin, I'm sure we'll hear if it's some sort of injury or what.

This backfield could win/decide titles... Rodgers and Sims on my wire-- is Martin ok? Will he miss a week or two??
Sims is eligible to play in week 14, he has been practicing for 2 weeks (I think), but TB doesn't have to activate him for the game until Saturday, I think (it makes no sense for them to do so earlier, as he is already able to practice).

According to the Huddle, Koetter said Martin is OK.

Rodgers looked decent in relief; and earlier this season (after Martin first hurt his hammy), Koetter said something along the lines of Rodgers being more similar to Martin than Sims (around the same time the Bucs coaching staff were expressing some displeasure with Sims' play).

Im #1 overall seed- sitting on #1 claim-- both dudes on my wire. Ive been starting Ertz. Wondering if one of these dudes is worth the claim and/or the start this week
Green was no fluke. He was open all over the field and most importantly, Roethlisburger was looking for him. I see it continuing with the lack of a legit #2 right now.

I dropped L Green last week for Mitchell. Wish I had room for them both! Now me thinks having another TE versus a breakout WR is a better way to go?

In a league where we have no bench, how valuable is Dion Lewis from here on out? In a standard league does he bring enough value to score TD's?

I've been eyeing Detroit at home vs. Chicago as a plug-and-play defense this week. The Cutler-less Bears offense is run-focused and designed to limit turnovers but on the other hand the Lions D just put up a good performance and score vs. the Saints. Defensive options on waivers are thin in all my leagues.

Green > Ertz ROS? 
Ertz has a much better matchup (TE SOS) this weekend.  But the problem with him is his big week came in garbage time.  Wentz threw the ball 33 times . . . in the 4th quarter!  Nuts.  This week's game is basically a pick so we shouldn't expect the same.

I am trying to decide between Green and Ertz and I think I'm sold on Green's breakout game.  One thing I know is that Green's matchup in W15 is gold.

Lockett? Obviously not going to bust off 75-yard runs every week, but he was more involved in the passing game as well (5/63 on 6 targets).
Still the same 6 targets that he had when he put up a bagel two weeks ago. Still 4th on the team in targets. This looks like it had fluke written all over it. 

Rodrigo Duterte said:
Ertz has a much better matchup (TE SOS) this weekend.  But the problem with him is his big week came in garbage time.  Wentz threw the ball 33 times . . . in the 4th quarter!  Nuts.  This week's game is basically a pick so we shouldn't expect the same.

I am trying to decide between Green and Ertz and I think I'm sold on Green's breakout game.  One thing I know is that Green's matchup in W15 is gold.
Cincy/philly was basically a pick.   

Agreed on green over Ertz - I actually dropped green last week. :bag:

Would you guys drop Jeffery or Derrick Henry for a guy like Ladarius Green (who would back up Eifert for me)?  I wouldn't start Henry unless something happened to Demarco, and I've got a lot in front of Jeffery, too.  But I don't relish the prospect of facing Green if he is, in fact, the second or third target for Big Ben.

Would you guys drop Jeffery or Derrick Henry for a guy like Ladarius Green (who would back up Eifert for me)?  I wouldn't start Henry unless something happened to Demarco, and I've got a lot in front of Jeffery, too.  But I don't relish the prospect of facing Green if he is, in fact, the second or third target for Big Ben.
If you have a lot in front of Jeffrey like you say then I'd do it.  Green is a decent enough back up for Eifert.

Can't imagine anyone would trust him - or any Jet - in a playoff matchup, but Robbie Anderson seemed to constantly have Petty's eye last night and was very active in the other two games Petty started this year. Strangely enough, I think Anderson might be a better play than Marshall or Enunwa ROS.

Vereen? 

Should be back. Was their best back weeks 1-3. Their running game has been terrible. They will need to score more points and he is a receiving weapon too.

FWIW, Jeffery eligible to come back week 15.
I have held Jeffery through the season for reasons unknown, but I will actually consider using him in Wk 15 against GB (weather permitting).  Its not a strong conviction, its just that the Bears are out of options with Marquess Wilson hurt again and Barkley seems to at least be playing above expectation.

I will admit this probably says more about my ragtag WR corps than it does Alshon. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dwayne Allen for those desperate at TE.  He had 6 targets last week and 4 last night. 
Back-to-back productive games. Seems to be getting involved again now that he's healthy. He'll be my contingency option if I don't get Green this week when I drop Henry with Gresham third on the list.    

Back-to-back productive games. Seems to be getting involved again now that he's healthy. He'll be my contingency option if I don't get Green this week when I drop Henry with Gresham third on the list.    
Me too -- I think I'm more willing to chase Allen's production than Dennis Pitta's given the historical reliance Luck has on Allen. 

Looking at Allen and Ertz (Green gone...and I held him for a few weeks, dropped for Rawls after Green just came back and did nothing early).  Ebron has been my starter.

Mostly looking at D to stream...Atl is one to pair with Minnesota right now for me.

Never know when Allen will blow up like that.  Just passing along a blurb from the Roto Waiver article

Dwayne Allen scored three touchdowns almost out of nowhere on Monday night, but he had the same number of targets as Jack Doyle, played fewer snaps than Doyle, and ran fewer routes than Doyle. This game is likely not predictive, and the Texans have shut down tight ends anyway.

Never know when Allen will blow up like that.  Just passing along a blurb from the Roto Waiver article
Allen is likely a desperate move. I lost Gronk and have been playing Ebron the last few weeks. Ebron is nothing special. I actually like Gresham most of common TEs available on most WEs. My next choice would be Pitta then Allen.  

You shouldn't expect a 3-TD game again from Allen but he caught 5 passes in Week 12. So that's two straight productive games. We know the Colts will use 2-TE sets so the fact Doyle is still involved shouldn't be an issue. If you pick up Allen it's not like you're hoping he's the next Gronk. You understand who he is and you project accordingly. He's a solid TE2 type who will get RZ looks thus giving him some TD potential most weeks. 

Can't imagine anyone would trust him - or any Jet - in a playoff matchup, but Robbie Anderson seemed to constantly have Petty's eye last night and was very active in the other two games Petty started this year. Strangely enough, I think Anderson might be a better play than Marshall or Enunwa ROS.
I'm a little desperate but I'm wondering about this as well. Got Marshall in my flex for this week but given Anderson had 12 targets I'm tempted to grab him. 

Its SF this week so there will be opportunities to score for someone 

I've been playing the TE roulette all year. Currently have Ebron, but am really tempted to drop him for Green, Ertz, or Allen...even with the nice matchup vs. Chicago for Ebron. 

What are your guys thoughts on Green vs. Ebron vs. Ertz, vs. Allen?

I've been playing the TE roulette all year. Currently have Ebron, but am really tempted to drop him for Green, Ertz, or Allen...even with the nice matchup vs. Chicago for Ebron. 

I just dropped Ebron for Green.  I like what I've seen from him the last couple weeks and think he can get large chunks of yards in that offense.  He may be the #2 option the rest of the way in Pittsburgh.

I just dropped Ebron for Green.  I like what I've seen from him the last couple weeks and think he can get large chunks of yards in that offense.  He may be the #2 option the rest of the way in Pittsburgh.
Nailed it. Green is the TE to own out of the bunch listed in thE OP. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time i put NSFW people were #####ing that there wasn't any boobs hahahha, but thanks for doing that I forgot to slip that in there
Lolz, it doesn't matter what you do around here somebody will complain. Thanks for posting the video.

Green and it isn't really even close IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread