What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (3 Viewers)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
It was there this morning, saw XULF posted some pickles when they were in, and now gone. :kicksrock:

If we cannot get that back, I guess make this one the official one?

Harbaugh came out here Friday to visit DT Jay Tufele.  Yesterday and today, Larry Johnson one-upped him and visited and went to church with him, which is kind of cool.  Tufele is posting photos on Twitter of him at the chapel.  Yes, he is Mormon and he is posing with all his family.  Kind of cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
They got rid of it? Wow. Never thought my daily spamming would actually work. I wonder what other threads I can get them to get rid of...

Did something happen in it today that caused a delete, or did a mod actually get miffed enough at them in the playoffs that they took it out?

I searched Buckeyes several times, then clicked back on my own to mid-November.  It is gone as of right now.

It was clean without any arguments as of about noon MST today.  Cannot imagine anything happened to cause a HARD DELETE!

Think I might just self-report this one to see if a mod can look into it?

Very odd - would imagine it was a mistake.  Usually the mods are great with just deleting the offending posts so it seems unlikely they deleted the thread on purpose.  Unless this is somehow wrapped up in #pizzagate and Dodds clipped it.

He's an all around athlete, but nothing special defensively.  I think Hooker beat him straight up in stats this year, didn't he?  Peppers had his first INT in the big game two weeks ago.  Can't believe some team will take this idiot in the next draft - probably the first round based on all the hype.

Cross-posted in CFB 2016 thread...

Hearing Luke Fickell (OSU Co-DC) is the leading man for Cincinnati HC job.  Not sure how I feel about that, but good for Luke to move out on his own.  He wasn't terrible as interim HC between Tressel and Meyer.  He needed to grow and learn alot, and maybe he did so with Meyer (and Schiano this year).  

Ed Warinner (OSU Co-OC) is in the running for the Western KY HC job as well, per Tim May
There are a lot of rumors that he is pitching a staff that (not surprisingly) includes a lot of other Buckeye coaches as well.  Specifically, I think Zach Smith as OC and/or Kerry Coombs as DC would be options to follow him.  We'll see though.  The Bearcats are notoriously quiet with these things.

Well it's official.   Can we wish him well but at the same time hope he takes Beck with him as OC?

I think his leaving will be a net positive as now Meyer can fill the position with his choice. I think Fickel is good, but given the opportunity to find someone from the entire industry, Meyer can find someone better. One of Meyer's biggest assets is his ability to find great assistant coaches. 

I think his leaving will be a net positive as now Meyer can fill the position with his choice. I think Fickel is good, but given the opportunity to find someone from the entire industry, Meyer can find someone better. One of Meyer's biggest assets is his ability to find great assistant coaches. 

Agreed.  And he pays well.  Hopefully they stick with the dual DC gigs, assuming both guys have a great working relationship.

Glad Coombs stayed and didn't leave with Fickell.  There was some chatter down here in Cincy that Coombs was coming home with Fickell.  Made me a little uneasy.  He's a great recruiter.

Also, picked up Werner (4* LB) as 2017 Commitment after he decommitted from ND.  I like this move and helps build up an already strong 2017 class.  Nabbing an Okudah and Holmes would make our already solid secondary just plain scary!  Schiano would have at least a year or two with them.  Possibly better than Conley, Lattimore, and Hooker.

Glad Coombs stayed and didn't leave with Fickell.  There was some chatter down here in Cincy that Coombs was coming home with Fickell.  Made me a little uneasy.  He's a great recruiter.

Also, picked up Werner (4* LB) as 2017 Commitment after he decommitted from ND.  I like this move and helps build up an already strong 2017 class.  Nabbing an Okudah and Holmes would make our already solid secondary just plain scary!  Schiano would have at least a year or two with them.  Possibly better than Conley, Lattimore, and Hooker.
Just came to post this.  With all that these elite players probably talk, I can imagine that Martell is referring to Okudah as a given.  The other 1-2?  Peoples-Jones looking like he is cool on Michigan and down to OSU and FSU.  A few others.  Maybe Akers recommits?  We shall see.  Exciting time of year.  I cannot hardly believe that they might land 8-9 5-star commits in one class.  Holy crap.

Users who are viewing this thread