Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mad Cow

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread!

10 hours ago, Mad Cow said:

I will be in town from Saturday to Friday,  but unless you want to meet for a run in the morning,  I'm booked with family stuff straight through.  Bringing my whole family and daughter's fiancee to be with my mom and siblings there for thanksgiving and stuff.

330 kick off, yes!  

:lmao: Obviously you dont know me very well.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday, GB.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

Does anyone know anything about watching the team walk from St Johns to the stadium?   We have always done the skull session but thinking maybe standing as the team passes might be cool. 

Not sure what there is to know?  Team actually walks to the skull session together and then from the skull session to the stadium.  You can catch them coming and going.  Not a huge deal, but you can get some high fives and such if you are into that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, MikeIke said:

:lmao: Obviously you dont know me very well.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday, GB.

You too.  I always grab a run at Highbanks when we come back.  Beautiful fall running on trails. Hit Sharon Woods too just because I can run there from the house and hit the loop. 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Not sure what there is to know?  Team actually walks to the skull session together and then from the skull session to the stadium.  You can catch them coming and going.  Not a huge deal, but you can get some high fives and such if you are into that sort of thing.

just thought that might be kind of fun and different.   

3 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

just thought that might be kind of fun and different.   

Absolutely...enjoy!  You asked if anyone knew anything about it, and I just don't have much to share.  I think you know as much as there is to know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Absolutely...enjoy!  You asked if anyone knew anything about it, and I just don't have much to share.  I think you know as much as there is to know.

Nice.  I'm an expert.

A couple observations for now...

I know he had 2 long TD runs, but it felt like Weber could have taken it to the house on every touch.  He was running extremely well, quick to the holes and the 2nd level, and could not be caught from behind in the open field.  This 1-2 JK/Weber punch needs to be the focus of the offense all the time and let the playaction passing feed off of it.  When our coaching reverses this is when we get into issues.

I now have little concern going forward with the way we are handling special team kick offs.  I was in perfect position (13C) to view what they are doing, they were either kicking it directly at my corner or the opposite end corner.  MSU had no answers for this (although, it looks like they put a hybrid fullback deep for kick returns) and they are a well coached team.  I'll risk the opponent being able to block us perfectly AND get their return man to the other side of the field.  Even if they can do both of those, they still have to outrun us if we take proper retreat angles.  Most of the time it's going to be lights out the way they swarm and enclose the return man and a long field for the opposing offense.  Maybe we need to get smarter when an elite returner like Saquon is back there, that is certainly up for debate.  If you haven't watched this on a wide angle/all22, I suggest doing so.  I'd like to hear your thoughts and why I might be wrong.

Buckeyes are coming on strong in recruiting.  Looks like they are coming strong with #4 Safety Tyreke Johnson (huge change, can play CB or S), a renewed interest in that Poly LB from Bishop Gorman (I won't even try to spell that one), LB Payton WIlson (a UNC commit) looking like he could flip, and so many questions about QB.  Will Emory keep his commitment?  Also have Jarren Williams out there who has decommitted from UK twice and is visiting campus this weekend.  A few other interesting prospects, including that Tennessee QB Martinez.

Overall fun game to be at,  though weather in the 2nd half was horrendous.   Stayed until the end,  saw some of the skull session.   Good day. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

Overall fun game to be at,  though weather in the 2nd half was horrendous.   Stayed until the end,  saw some of the skull session.   Good day. 

Man, you picked a terrible day weather-wise to be here. Raining cats and dogs all afternoon. Glad you had fun, and I hope you enjoy your trip back home. 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mad Cow said:

Buckeyes are coming on strong in recruiting.  Looks like they are coming strong with #4 Safety Tyreke Johnson (huge change, can play CB or S), a renewed interest in that Poly LB from Bishop Gorman (I won't even try to spell that one), LB Payton WIlson (a UNC commit) looking like he could flip, and so many questions about QB.  Will Emory keep his commitment?  Also have Jarren Williams out there who has decommitted from UK twice and is visiting campus this weekend.  A few other interesting prospects, including that Tennessee QB Martinez.

They had Tyreke Smith in town today for a second visit.  How many Tyrekes can one team recruit?!?

• Like 1

Eerily quiet on the recruiting front given the early signing period.  So many recruits planning on early enrollment,  too.  Should be a flurry in the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Mad Cow

Man, we win out and I'm 75% certain we are in.  Crazy.  Just need the right team to show up.   

Excited for tomorrow! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Cow said:

Man, we win out and I'm 75% certain we are in.  Crazy.  Just need the right team to show up.   

Excited for tomorrow! 

I agree but I find it hard to believe that any team that has lost to Iowa this year should be eligible for the playoffs but it looks like it is a real possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mad Cow said:

Excited for tomorrow! 

Problem is Bama and our Bucks need to go 4-0. Tough sledding ahead for both. I think.

Is there a good reason to feel uncomfortable about the outcome? With O’Korn at QB, it seems like things line up well for the good guys. Still it’s a rivalry and you don’t take the outcome for granted.

I’ll go 42-3 Buckeyes.

O-H!!!

Edited by ChopMeat

Will OSU please wear their classic uniforms!!   Turned on the game and it does not even seem like Michigan is playing OSU.

38 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Will OSU please wear their classic uniforms!!   Turned on the game and it does not even seem like Michigan is playing OSU.

I think they look cool.

Too bad they're playing like crap :X

40 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Yea, that's what OSU fans should be worried about right now....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PizzaDeliveryGuy said:

Tackling and Barrett have been horrible. About to be down 14-0, should probably be 0-0.

McClarin needed to catch that but JT could have gotten the ball out there a bit more and it's probably a TD. 

We struggle with other teams motioning pre snap and it's glaring today. Keying on #12 doesn't seem like a priority either.

Edited by Bobcat10

Michigan should be able to time the snap count..the ball is snapped right after Barret claps every time.

Finally got a D hold called in the secondary.

Like how we run down the field and now have thrown 3 out of 4. Crazy.

I have to say, I'm hoping OSU doesn't somehow back in to the playoff picture. I think they way they are playing, they would get totally embarrassed by a quality opponent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I have to say, I'm hoping OSU doesn't somehow back in to the playoff picture. I think they way they are playing, they would get totally embarrassed by a quality opponent.

Depends which OSU team shows up.  Good OSU or Bad OSU, which we're seeing today.

28 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

WTF is Dobbins doing there running out of bounds like that?

Said the same thing. Could have easily gotten a first if he turned up field. Looked like he wanted to avoid getting hit.

With the way they've been getting injured today, that may not have been a terrible decision.

• Like 1

Harbaugh gets one more try before he gets fired, right? No way any coach can last at UM after going 0-4 against OSU.

Good job by Haskins taking over. I feel, though, that if he's in they shouldn't be running the read option. Just go with straight runs or dropback passes. The D isn't going to see him as a running threat.

Stupid Alabama sucking it hard today. 

2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Harbaugh gets one more try before he gets fired, right? No way any coach can last at UM after going 0-4 against OSU.

They are crazy if they fire him.  Would love to see it - because they aren't gonna get anyone any better.  

I am concerned about the day when Urban goes ...especially if Harbaugh is still there. 

It's Cooper all over again ...for years.