What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

It will be fun to see the young uns light it up tomorrow at DE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from Joel Klatt...

More on Chase Young situation: 1) Loan was not from Agent, 2) It was paid back before situation became public, 3) He was truthful from start, 4) With precedent I would expect somewhere between 1-2 game suspension...fact that it was not agent and loan was paid back will be key
Another rumor that was floated around was that this loan was to fly his immediate family to the Rose Bowl.  The loan was paid back in full.  The loan did not come from an agent, or anyone related to OSU.  Ryan Day to make an announcement this afternoon on the situation.  

I asked this in the college football thread but I'll ask here too I guess. Why is borrowing money from  friend punishable at all? Does playing college football force you to forfeit your individual rights?

I asked this in the college football thread but I'll ask here too I guess. Why is borrowing money from  friend punishable at all? Does playing college football force you to forfeit your individual rights?
Yeah ridiculous right?  I think there is a huge mounting support for Young and lashback vs the NCAA.

And holy cow, what a game!

Gotta say, I've really grown to appreciate Joel Klatt as a commentator.  He and Gus have been great to listen to this year. 

Ohio State expects defensive end Chase Young to receive a four-game suspension for accepting a loan from a family friend, according to ESPN. Young is appealing the suspension with the NCAA and the university hopes the number of games missed will be reduced.

It's a joke how the players are treated and arguably the programs themselves.  Delaney makes 5+ million.   :crazy:

So the good guys are favored by over 50 points this weekend, first time ever apparently.  And it is silly to think they won't do that, either.  Their 2nd and 3rd string players dropped 31 on the 1st team Maryland team.  And that was just basically running it trying to kill clock.

No.  This is Dodd talking out of his ###.  He's always looking for a reason to rake the much around tOSU.  It's a non-story.  Sounds like it's been confirmed it wasn't an agent and the $$ was paid back.  I'd lean more towards a 2 game suspension and Young will be back for PSU.

Seeing how Minnesota tore up PSU, I am thinking that game is going to just be OSU tearing PSU a new one, and we all have seen that Ryan Day has no qualms about running up scores if it benefits the team.

Seeing how Minnesota tore up PSU, I am thinking that game is going to just be OSU tearing PSU a new one, and we all have seen that Ryan Day has no qualms about running up scores if it benefits the team.
I agree.  I think they win with or without Young.

Chase will be back for the big game, and should be really fired up to get back in it.

This weekend, I will watch every minute of the game and love seeing backups coming out in the 1st half.  Really hoping to see some breakout performances by Jameson Williams and Garrett Wilson.  The WR future is so flipping bright.

There are a lot of guys that are not going to play this weekend due to "injuries".  I think if it were a big game, then guys like Baron Browning and such would play, but why risk this one and get them more healthy for the next two games. 

Marcus Crowley, who has looked fantastic for a true freshman, will be out, as well, meaning the man Master Teague III will get huge carries in the 2nd half.  I think he is going to have a monster game backing up JK, who will likely not get a carry beyond the 1st half.

Lots of good in that game today, but enough bad to give Day a ton for the team to work on.  Gotta think this defense is going to be on a tear with the Predator back.  Great to see Gill out of the dog house and getting a chance to shine late.

Mad Cow said:
This is an exciting week.  Flying back to CBus on Thursday morning.  Hit Buckeye Corner to amass swag and stuff for family Friday, and gameday Saturday. :excited:
'splain please. I'll be driving up to Columbus on Friday. Definitely need to do some shopping.

'splain please. I'll be driving up to Columbus on Friday. Definitely need to do some shopping.
If you are wanting to buy Buckeye swag, then the Buckeye Corner is nirvana.  Imagine walking into the store and as you gaze around you hear angels singing and triumphant horns in your mind.  That is the Buckeye Corner.  It is a chain, there are a bunch all around the city.  I prefer the one at Polaris at the mall.  Family lives in Westerville, so that is also the closest.

College Traditions on Lane Ave is even better, but there is only one location of them. 
I might have to go there.  ALSO, there is a limited pop-up store that is going from now until kick-off.  A joint effort with Buckeye Corner and Nike.  It is in the RPAC just south of the Shoe.  So closer to the B1G and Fox shows.

Not the cleanest game but I like that we had to go through some controversy which hopefully will help us later on. 
Besides the 3rd quarter turnovers and a quality PSU team turning them into points, they pretty much controlled 90% of the game.  I am glad there was something to overcome though and we've uncovered a potential weakness....but some of that you might have to chalk up to not preparing for that physical running QB.  

Finally back home.  Had to pack my bags sooo tight from all the new swag I bought.   Saturday can't get here soon enough.  Funny thing about this game is so much is set.  Weird to think that even with a loss we will still likely still be in the CFP given we win big at the B1G.

Excited to see how Day has prepared for the game.

Did watch the Buckeye walk this time.  Pretty cool to see them all right there.  Chase is so huge.   Best part was Al Washington walking with his very young son who was high fiving everyone and laughing the whole time.

Buckeye swag all week! Wearing a new T I got at the 'Corner and some sweet socks I already have.  Yeah,  I have 7 pair of OSU socks not counting the 2 dress socks. :excited:

I was watching my grandson until 5 minutes ago with that 15 yr old daughter.   He's all dressed up in Buckeye gear I got him last week.  He's 5 months old.  Teach em right! 

Users who are viewing this thread