Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mad Cow

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Adorable, sir.

It makes me so happy when I watch it,  but she isn't a big fan of me showing it, given she's a 15 yr old teen girl.  Though she has been high fiving and hugging me all game.  Heaven.  So sad this is my last at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other adjustments this team makes are incredible.   They getbgashed and before you know it,  shut down.  Such a fun season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the Michigan thread simply implode today? Can’t find it anywhere. Was hoping to read some pre-2020 National Championship / Heisman / Crooting hype over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Did the Michigan thread simply implode today? Can’t find it anywhere. Was hoping to read some pre-2020 National Championship / Heisman / Crooting hype over there.

They are too busy scouting for a new head coach...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Congrats, gentlemen!  Now let's go get the big prize!

:hifive:

I need to fix some things in my house first. For some reason they broke during the first half. 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see how it shakes out this morning.   They have grit,  for sure.  Great season and the pantry will still be fully stocked next season.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it, but I get it. That first half was the excuse the committee was looking for to bump LSU ahead. Screw 'em. Let's go do to Clemson what they did to us a couple years back, then roll over whoever comes out of the other game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

I don't like it, but I get it. That first half was the excuse the committee was looking for to bump LSU ahead. Screw 'em. Let's go do to Clemson what they did to us a couple years back, then roll over whoever comes out of the other game.

Sure but the way they dominated the 2nd half you think would excuse the worst 2 quarters they’ve played all year. Still, I think it’s good to have some extra motivation because it definitely looked like we lacked it yesterday. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed about the seeding, but there is no point in #####ing about it.  You will have to play 2 good teams either way.  Just play what you have in front of you.  I am 100% confident that they will come out ready and they have proven that they can adjust in the 2nd quarter or 2nd half better than anyone.

Now, the early signing period is almost upon us. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

Now, the early signing period is almost upon us. . .

This upcoming recruiting season has me intrigued.

For me, Day has passed the “head coaching” test as well as he possibly could - I know, Captain Obvious! His ability to adjust, not panic, remain calm, etc has been awesome! Our team has been prepared for every game this season unlike anything I have ever seen. Even when we got punched in the mouth Saturday night, the team responded properly and that comes from preparation. This man can coach!! 

I also think he is a going to be a great developer of the talent he has. I think Olave is an example of that. From what I remember, Day found Olave while scouting someone else. Olave was a 3 star recruit I believe and to see how Olave has developed since The Game in 2018 to now has been amazing (lots of credit to Hartline as well!)!  

The big question for me is can Day consistently recruit top 5 classes. I don’t follow recruiting enough to have a very strong opinion on it, but this obviously separates the elite programs from everyone else. There are plenty of amazing coaches that because of their school, location or their personalities can not recruit at elite levels every year. I think this was Urban’s greatest strength. He kept the coffers full EVERY YEAR. Can Day keep it going? Will he drive and push as hard as Urban? I tend to think Day will be a top recruiter, but we shall see.

In the end, I have been thinking and I believe that Urban’s greatest contribution to The Ohio State University may be the hiring of  Ryan Day! Coach Day appears to be ELITE! 
 

Go Bucks!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beef Ravioli said:

This upcoming recruiting season has me intrigued.

For me, Day has passed the “head coaching” test as well as he possibly could - I know, Captain Obvious! His ability to adjust, not panic, remain calm, etc has been awesome! Our team has been prepared for every game this season unlike anything I have ever seen. Even when we got punched in the mouth Saturday night, the team responded properly and that comes from preparation. This man can coach!! 

I also think he is a going to be a great developer of the talent he has. I think Olave is an example of that. From what I remember, Day found Olave while scouting someone else. Olave was a 3 star recruit I believe and to see how Olave has developed since The Game in 2018 to now has been amazing (lots of credit to Hartline as well!)!  

The big question for me is can Day consistently recruit top 5 classes. I don’t follow recruiting enough to have a very strong opinion on it, but this obviously separates the elite programs from everyone else. There are plenty of amazing coaches that because of their school, location or their personalities can not recruit at elite levels every year. I think this was Urban’s greatest strength. He kept the coffers full EVERY YEAR. Can Day keep it going? Will he drive and push as hard as Urban? I tend to think Day will be a top recruiter, but we shall see.

In the end, I have been thinking and I believe that Urban’s greatest contribution to The Ohio State University may be the hiring of  Ryan Day! Coach Day appears to be ELITE! 
 

Go Bucks!! 

Well, we currently have the #1, 4 and 5 WR's in this incoming class.  We are ranked #3-4 depending on the site.  He can certainly recruit for now, we will see if it continues, but the players seem to genuinely love him and his approach.  I would bet he will be a recruiting beast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprises so far with the signing day.  Waiting to see if we land CJ Stround, that is in an hour or so.  Have to wait on Clark Phillips until tomorrow, a little last minute drama with Utah there.  Cam Martinez waiting until February.

Jeff Hafley did some great things  for us, but man the timing of his leaving really screwed with some things with this recruiting class.  Oh well.  Would be cool to see Kerry Coombs back in the fold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mad Cow said:

No surprises so far with the signing day.  Waiting to see if we land CJ Stround, that is in an hour or so.  Have to wait on Clark Phillips until tomorrow, a little last minute drama with Utah there.  Cam Martinez waiting until February.

Jeff Hafley did some great things  for us, but man the timing of his leaving really screwed with some things with this recruiting class.  Oh well.  Would be cool to see Kerry Coombs back in the fold.

Have we gotten anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beef Ravioli said:

Have we gotten anyone? 

Here is an updated list on everyone who has signed thus far during the 2020 recruiting class' Early Signing Period with links to our individual signing stories. Just click on their names.

Three-star offensive guard Jakob James

Three-star offensive tackle Trey Leroux

Four-star cornerback Lejond Cavazos

Four-star defensive tackle Jacolbe Cowan

Five-star receiver Julian Fleming

Five-star offensive tackle Paris Johnson Jr.

Four-star linebacker Cody Simon

Three-star offensive tackle Grant Toutant

Four-star center Luke Wypler

Three-star tight end Joe Royer

Three-star defensive tackle Ty Hamilton

Three-star linebacker Mitchell Melton

Three-star kicker Jake Seibert

Three-star running back Miyan Williams

Three-star offensive guard Josh Fryar

Four-star receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Four-star receiver Mookie Cooper

Four-star defensive tackle Darrion Henry-Young

Four-star safety Lathan Ransom

Four-star cornerback Ryan Watts III

Four-star quarterback Jack Miller

Four-star receiver Gee Scott Jr.

Four-star linebacker Kourt Williams

Eleven Warriors will continue to provide up-to-the-minute updates on the early signing period.

 

#3-4 class in the country depending on who you see.  Plus there are 2 4-stars that are 5 at some sites, but that does not matter all that much.  Damon Arnette, Malik Harrison and Chris Olave are all 3 stars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh snap, one time OSU lean Rakim Jarrett, a 5-star WR that was committed to LSU, flipped to Maryland today.  That'll leave a mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noice, CJ Stroud signs.  That is huge for us at QB.  2 great ones this class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.