What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

Welcome Jeffrey Okudah, #1 CB of the class.  With you and Wade, wow.  Great showing by a number of Buckeye recruits in the US Army game today. 

Tyjon decomits for Nebraska?  Weird.  In the same moment, Jaylen Harris predicted a Buckeye.  Oh well.  2 great WR prospects.

Could be that Harris is in. Maybe he has a problem with the Kevin Wilson hire.  The kids that are close to him seem as surprised as anyone else. 

:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, really surprising given the other 2 classmates of his are enrolled already.  247 is showing 100% Nebraska right now.  Small kid but a huge playmaker from what I have seen and heard.

They just offered a scholarship to Ty Jones, a Utah WR, in light of Lindsey leaving.  Interesting.

Jaylen Harris officially commits, #1 WR in Ohio.  4* guy.  Nice.

Would be huge if we can land Marvin Wilson.  He and Okudah are supposedly very very close and could be a package deal, but he will commit on Feb 1.

I was in Ohio over the weekend visiting my dad and got to do something pretty awesome. My dad's side gig is selling various sports collectibles/memorabilia, mostly focused on autographed OSU items but he has some other stuff as well.

There was a show at the Expo Center this weekend and I got to be the 'I' in O-H-I-O with Archie Griffin, Eddie George, and Troy Smith. My dad was also able to get the picture signed by each of them afterwards. Archie brought his Heisman Trophy and it's in the picture too.

I also brought home a Raiders helmet autographed by Bo Jackson.  :football:

I was in Ohio over the weekend visiting my dad and got to do something pretty awesome. My dad's side gig is selling various sports collectibles/memorabilia, mostly focused on autographed OSU items but he has some other stuff as well.

There was a show at the Expo Center this weekend and I got to be the 'I' in O-H-I-O with Archie Griffin, Eddie George, and Troy Smith. My dad was also able to get the picture signed by each of them afterwards. Archie brought his Heisman Trophy and it's in the picture too.

That is very cool.  I just barely hung up my new autographed photos that my wife got me for Christmas in my computer room.  A Braxton Miller, a Zeke Elliott and the one with the 4 Heisman winners.  Love them,

So far, I am impressed with this Select 17 as they are calling the class.  JK Dobbins looks like he could be the next great thing.  I know how Urban loves the H-back, but I am imagining a backfield that features Dobbins and McCall and that would be electric.  Throw in a running QB that can pass. . .

Do you have a picture to share with us? 

Thoughts on OSU offering Elijah Gardiner this weekend?  Huge 6'5" WR that was committed to Missouri.  3 star prospect that seems awfully down on the rankings.  But after his official visit this weekend, he has a scholarship offer.  Interesting, I suppose.

Going to be a very interesting Wednesday for signing day.  Still thinking it is possible they grab Marvin with all of the encouragement from Browning, Okudah and Dobbins.

And it is official, he has flipped and committed to tOSU.  Very tall class of WR's.  Grimes 6-3, Harris 6-4, Gardiner 6-5.

His athletic measurables are crazy good.  May be a little bit of a project, but it looks like we aren't going for the Percy Harvin types as hard and we are getting some BIG playmakers.

His athletic measurables are crazy good.  May be a little bit of a project, but it looks like we aren't going for the Percy Harvin types as hard and we are getting some BIG playmakers.
Interestingly, though, we certainly do have a few of those types in McCall and Dobbins.  Smaller RBs with ball skills and speed.  I can see Dobbins putting on weight and being amazing, though.

Bumping it up and getting ready for tomorrow.  Here's hoping we land Marvin Wilson, which would be HUGE.

Mad Cow said:
Bumping it up and getting ready for tomorrow.  Here's hoping we land Marvin Wilson, which would be HUGE.
Eric Seger ‏@EricSeger33  18m18 minutes ago

More

How good does Baron Browning feel about Marvin Wilson picking Ohio State? "A seven out of 10. But he needs to do what's best for him."

Totally forgot we still had Nuernberger another year, seems like ages ago he was the guy, but hopefully Haubeil wins the job.  Pretty cool he's going to pay his own way at the beginning too.

Nuernberger is back for his senior season in 2017 and the early indications are that Haubeil will pay his own way fall semester and be put on scholarship next spring. Still, he intends to compete for the job right away — there is a reason Ohio State pursued him so heavily.

Yeah, that kicker is our only 3 star, but he is also far and away the best kicker in the nation this year. :hifive:

The Wilson saga still in the air after Meyer's presser.  Basically said he loves this 21 player class but on the way out when asked if they are done he said maybe. :shrug:

Well there you go.  Fantastic class and record setting in terms of quality.  Too bad on not getting Wilson, but with 2 great DT's already in the class, cannot be unhappy at all.

2018 class could eclipse the monster 2017 class.  Crazy.   Jones, Snead and Woodbey all committed.  That's 2 5 stars and 1 4.  Jackson Carmen is almost a given and is the #1 O line prospect in the country, huge LT guy.  RB Gill should be a Buckeye.  A ton of other 5 and 4 stars heavily favored.  Crazy.

Woodbey committed last week and has said he has shut down recruitment.  Says 100% Buckeye come next year,  despite USC's best efforts. 

Jalen Gill announcing his commitment this coming Wedneaday on stage at my Alma Mater.  Please don't pull a Kijana . . . (Who was a year behind me).

Jalen Gill announcing his commitment this coming Wedneaday on stage at my Alma Mater.  Please don't pull a Kijana . . . (Who was a year behind me).
I am friends with a guy that coached (assistant) Gill his sophomore year. He has always thought Gill would go west coast - USC or UCLA most likely. Hope not!

I am friends with a guy that coached (assistant) Gill his sophomore year. He has always thought Gill would go west coast - USC or UCLA most likely. Hope not!
He seems a lock to be a Buckeye and South has been OSU of late, even though their punter signed with TTUN.  Uncle of that punter graduated with me in 1990.

What Gill plays seems interesting.  It is projected that he would have a higher ceiling as a WR than RB given his lack of bulk and height.

Huge weekend, Taron Vincent committing to the Bucks.  #1 Defensive tackle, #14 overall.

Jackson Carman saying Clemson leads, but most still expecting an Ohio State landing.

I'm just thinking about this defense in 2 years.  Holy frick it's going to be devastating. 

Users who are viewing this thread