What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (2 Viewers)

Joe Burrow has a broken thumb in his throwing hand.  That answers a few questions.  Haskins is the backup, Tate Martell might not get the redshirt after all.
That was my thought as well.  I've had to listen to the radioheads exclaim that every true freshman QB has red-shirted their first year under Meyer and that will never change.  Then this happens.  Sucks for Burrow, but a possible door opening for Martell.

Should be interesting to watch the competition for the QB job next year. . . GO BUCKS!
I was fully expecting Burrow to be the man next year.  He has looked really really good when given the chance.  Great passer.  Now we will have Burrow, Haskins and Martell all with amazing potential fighting for time and Emory Jones redshirting.

Blue Smith set to declare this weekend.  Kid is a freak athlete and would bring serious skills to the WR corps.  Imagining him and Ruckert on the field would give defenses nightmares with their size and athleticism.

Hopefully our Buckeyes are trying to not give the Sooners to much tape but this has been a frustrating game to watch. 

Just now a big time play by Campbell for the TD!

Loved how they responded in the second half.  JK looks like the real deal.  JT looked much better.   Defense looks amazing.  Once the secondary gets the reps and settles in,  good night.  

Campbell, Dobbins, Weber... they'll be fine. JT looked a million times better throwing the ball then last year. The WR's failed him in the first half and rallied in the 2nd. I do have concerns about the secondary but I thought Indiana's passing game looked excellent and could be one of the better attacks they face all year.

JK Dobbins may be the sole justification for firing Charlie Strong outside of the mediocre product he was putting out at UT.

Campbell, Dobbins, Weber... they'll be fine. JT looked a million times better throwing the ball then last year. The WR's failed him in the first half and rallied in the 2nd. I do have concerns about the secondary but I thought Indiana's passing game looked excellent and could be one of the better attacks they face all year.
Some of those pass and catches were ridiculous.  No one is stopping them.  The wide open snags were the exception.  How many of catches did Cobbs make where he wasn't really open?   He was pretty amazing.  Not saying the secondary doesn't need to improve,  but they weren't as bad as the numbers suggest.  Corners were left on an island most of the night as well. 

A few other thoughts:

• D line is as advertised.  Crazy talent there.
  • LBs did not get to do much because the DLine did its job so well, but when they were in the play, they looked great.
  • There were hardly any missed tackles, they seemed very disciplined as a whole.
  • I really wanted Robert Landers to get that TD.  One of the funniest things I have seen was him bumbling down the field and making the endzone. :lol:
  • JT is improving.  Drops need to be improved.  This was a great warm-up game on the road against a good defense and will let them take some great steps forward to prepare for Oklahoma.

In typical fashion, first half was worrisome, but second half was where I thought we should have been in the first half.  

Agreed on Landers.  Great play, and definitely a morale booster with the team.  I think it was right around that point that the Bucks started to loosen up and play ball.  DL looked great and you could see how fresh they were at the end of the game.  It'll be fun to watch this team come together this season. 

One of the moments that made me smile and like this team and JK in particular was towards the end of the game and they were getting down to the goal again.  Williams was in and JK puts on his helmet and goes up behind Tony Alford, clearly asking to go in and get the TD.  Tony turns and says something to him and he turns around and is just smiling and laughing.  He wanted in, Tony gave him the negatory, but clearly JK was OK with it and has a great relationship with his position coach.  Not sure what it was about it, but made me feel pretty good about the team and culture as a whole.  JK just seems like a great kid in addition to being a phenomenal back.

Some of those pass and catches were ridiculous.  No one is stopping them.  The wide open snags were the exception.  How many of catches did Cobbs make where he wasn't really open?   He was pretty amazing.  Not saying the secondary doesn't need to improve,  but they weren't as bad as the numbers suggest.  Corners were left on an island most of the night as well. 
Kirk was hyping Indiana's passing game too.  Was shocked to hear him say that will be the most potent passing attack we see on our schedule.  We'll see if that was more of a mirage or not, for both teams.  

Agreed, there were times when the coverage could not possibly be any better, they had Cobbs covered perfectly at times but somehow the pass combined with the reception were simply spot on perfect and you cannot defend against that.  Hell, on that one TD, Cobb was clearly being held/interfered with/mauled whatever you want to call it and he still made that TD look incredibly easy.  The other thing that was frustrating was that Lagow has an incredibly quick release, a couple of steps and bam.  I mean the line would be literally in his face or a half a second from dropping him and he's releasing the ball.  I'm not saying this guy is the second coming, I'm saying he has a very quick release, I think he's a damn good QB and I think he's got some talented receivers. 

This game went like I sort of thought it would.  Don't get me wrong, I was a little miffed at half time but, deep down, I knew we would make our 2nd half adjustments and correct our mistakes.  The offense was clearly rusty, we had a true freshman RB in his very first game, there were some dropped passes but even with all that, they seemed to get it together eventually.  After the first quarter, I turned the sound off (a little Herbie goes a long way. . .moxie, pin your ears back, poise, play in space, must step up, he's a beast, high motor guy, etc.) and I found a Columbus station on the internet and connected it to a bluetooth speaker. :)

GO BUCKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sullie said:
Agreed, there were times when the coverage could not possibly be any better, 
Although the coverage was tight, most of the time the DB would not look back for the ball. It seems like that is the way the Buckeyes are coached to do it. 

Big game tomorrow.  There are a lot of pundits expecting a huge OSU win, just so many factors sway their way.  Hoping they are correct.  Will be at the BYU-Utah game during this one, so will have to watch the DVR'd game later.

Interesting to see that JK got the starting nod over Weber.  Could be Weber is still on the mend, or is JK just the man now?  Still expect close to a 50/50 split in carries.

Thought I read this morning that JK is getting the start tomorrow over Weber.  He looked dynamic, strong, and elusive against Indiana last week.  That quick, smooth side-step glide he had going was silly.  He made it look so smooth and effortless, and didn't lose any frontline speed as he did it.  Defenders were left in a cloud of dust as JK just disappeared from one spot just to re-emerge 5 ft to the side of them and take off running up the field.  Just crazy!

If the WRs and JT can get on the same page quickly tomorrow night, it should be another fun game to watch!  Just don't wait until the 4th Qtr to start scoring.

This team is not good. The number #2 ranking was a total joke. I thought it was obvious last week, but people seemed to hitch themselves to that second half and convince themselves they beat a great passing attack. No, the defense just sucks. And JT and the offense is horrible. This isn't going to be their last loss this season.

This team is not good. The number #2 ranking was a total joke. I thought it was obvious last week, but people seemed to hitch themselves to that second half and convince themselves they beat a great passing attack. No, the defense just sucks. And JT and the offense is horrible. This isn't going to be their last loss this season.
Might be a few losses this season

So we have season tickets to BYU and was at that game.  Don't have the heart to watch the DVR.  What's terrible and what wasn't so bad?

So we have season tickets to BYU and was at that game.  Don't have the heart to watch the DVR.  What's terrible and what wasn't so bad?
The stadium was sold out.  :shrug:

OU had one possession all game that didn't end up in tOSU territory, it was a beautiful dismantling.  :thumbup:  

Doctor Detroit said:
The stadium was sold out.  :shrug:

OU had one possession all game that didn't end up in tOSU territory, it was a beautiful dismantling.  :thumbup:  
I called this one wrong.  Was shocked at how the Sooner physically dominated OSU and manhandled them. Seemed like the Bucks quit in the second half.  OK moved the ball at will.

Bojang0301 said:
The good was that OU's QB is so stupid he tried to plant a flag in field turf. Bet he has a nice wonderlic next year. 
Well JT Barrett doesn't have to worry about the Wonderlic, the Arena League doesn't require it. 

Well JT Barrett doesn't have to worry about the Wonderlic, the Arena League doesn't require it. 
While meant to be an insult I hate JT Barrett. It's a shame Burrow got hurt, he can throw the ball. Don't worry though I've seen this song and dance before. You all say they stink, they only drop down a handful of spots, they win out and make the playoff, everyone #####es and cries (will especially be salty if they're higher then OU). I will say though I don't want JT in the playoff. He's a bad QB, especially when it matters most. It would not be good for the long term to walk into the playoff and be embarrassed again when they have maybe 2 other QB's on the roster that are actual QB's.

I didn't say they stink, OU is really good and their D stopped the run unlike last year. Ou should have been up 14 at half and Ohio came out with that ridiculous o line and pushed down the field to take a 10-3 lead making me sick.

That team has so much size and speed but I knew they weren't gonna be a team that plays well from behind. So being down 10-3 in the 3rd quarter to a team you had dominated to that point made me ill. 

They'll be just fine. B1G has some much better middling teams this year though so it might be harder than in the past to just bulldoze everyone. I do feel sorry for Army next week though. 

Mad Cow said:
You remember the loss to VATech? Yeah, that.

• The Good

Neurenberger didn't miss
  • Our punter isn't Cameron Johnston, but he's not bad

[*]The Bad

• Prince is still a turnstile
  • Our corners were still not coached up to get their heads around
  • Our LB's looked completely f'n lost
  • Pretty sure Barrett was stoned out of his gourd
  • For some reason our new OC hates JK Dobbins/Mike Weber/Running the ball
  • Greg Schiano was outcoached. Badly.
  • Kirk Herbstreit could not complete a sentence without using the words "Freshman" or "True freshman."  No shtick, he said the word freshman three times in one sentence.
  • Baker Mayfield may be the biggest d-bag since Johnny M.
  • Pretty sure Fowler and Herbstreit fellated Mayfield at the 50yd line after the game. After all, why stop just because the game ended?
  • Our receivers can't separate to save their lives
  • The game was televised- recruits saw that dumpster fire
  • TruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshman

• The Good

Neurenberger didn't miss
  • Our punter isn't Cameron Johnston, but he's not bad

[*]The Bad

• Prince is still a turnstile
  • Our corners were still not coached up to get their heads around
  • Our LB's looked completely f'n lost
  • Pretty sure Barrett was stoned out of his gourd
  • For some reason our new OC hates JK Dobbins/Mike Weber/Running the ball
  • Greg Schiano was outcoached. Badly.
  • Kirk Herbstreit could not complete a sentence without using the words "Freshman" or "True freshman."  No shtick, he said the word freshman three times in one sentence.
  • Baker Mayfield may be the biggest d-bag since Johnny M.
  • Pretty sure Fowler and Herbstreit fellated Mayfield at the 50yd line after the game. After all, why stop just because the game ended?
  • Our receivers can't separate to save their lives
  • The game was televised- recruits saw that dumpster fire
  • TruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshmanTruefreshman
Nice summary!   :lmao:

I missed the game as I took the wife to watch IT.  Partly b/c 9pm was the only time I could get tickets, and partly b/c I was too nervous to watch the game.  I saw a little of the first quarter, and it was enough for me to guess the outcome.  Completely agree with the bolded points above.  These areas need to get corrected sooner rather than later.  Army is probably wishing they could forfeit without playing, as I can see Urban unleashing everything on these guys just to get his team motivated again.

Man, this has been a frustrating thing.  The studs are there, they need to be utilized properly. 

I have to admit, though.  It reminds me a lot of that situation not too long ago ;) of Stanley Jackson at QB when Joe Germaine was clearly a better QB.  I would have sworn Jackson had severely incriminating photos of Cooper to keep him playing.  :hot:  

Former Auburn now JUCO DT Antwuan Jackson commits to the Buckeyes.  Big get here to go with the D-line already in place.

Users who are viewing this thread