What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

No one outside of Columbus thinks this, it was probably the biggest :own3d: in recent memory in college sports.  Stop being dooshbag fans, how about that? 

I'm gonna wallpaper my entire house in that image, epic beatdown.  :wub:
My bad. We're the dooshbag fans who came into the Sooners thread only after the game to talk ####. 

Oh, wait...

And I'm not the one defending a player who pled to drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest, yadayadayada.

He played a hell of a game, and dominated my team. Kudos. There are ways to do that without his ridiculous, contrived antics. We'll have to agree to disagree on what constitutes douchiness.

And I'm not the one defending a player who pled to drunk and disorderly, resisting arrest, yadayadayada.

He played a hell of a game, and dominated my team. Kudos. There are ways to do that without his ridiculous, contrived antics. We'll have to agree to disagree on what constitutes douchiness.
:lmao:

tOSU fans should never throw stones in a domestic assault type of environment.  I'd ask you to be even just a little but reasonable, but you're more like the fan at the game yelling vile particulars at opposing fans than you realize.  I've been to dozens of games with Buckeye fans, they are really the worst.  Worse than Red Sox fans?  Yeah they might be.  Worse than Eagles fans?  Yes, most certainly. 

You got your ### handed to you, take care now.

BOOMER! 

Mayfield is a huge dbag imo, but he's OUR dbag. 

I posted this in the big cfb thread but I really don't understand why Dobbins didn't get the ball more. It's almost like they wanted to prove Barrett can throw or something. Guess what - he can't. 

Mayfield is a huge dbag imo, but he's OUR dbag. 

I posted this in the big cfb thread but I really don't understand why Dobbins didn't get the ball more. It's almost like they wanted to prove Barrett can throw or something. Guess what - he can't. 
Meathead<>dbag

He's a football player, Ohio could use more of those IMO.  :shrug:

:lmao:

tOSU fans should never throw stones in a domestic assault type of environment.  I'd ask you to be even just a little but reasonable, but you're more like the fan at the game yelling vile particulars at opposing fans than you realize.  I've been to dozens of games with Buckeye fans, they are really the worst.  Worse than Red Sox fans?  Yeah they might be.  Worse than Eagles fans?  Yes, most certainly. 

You got your ### handed to you, take care now.

BOOMER! 
Am I? Ok. And you're known around here as the archetype of the reasonable fan. Carry on.

So if it is OK with everyone, let's just ignore the Oklahoma/Michigan troll. 

What we hope to see this weekend is a game where they have time to play Haskins and Burrow if he is ready.  As much as I like Barrett and what he brought to the team, he has not been the same since that devastating injury in the championship year.  Burrow has looked very good and sharp in limited duty, and Haskins certainly has a high ceiling.  Hope for the blow out to get those guys reps and see if they might bring more to the table.

And feed JK the ball, baby! :)

I'd just like to see the HC and OC get on the same page as far as offensive philosophy.  I was expecting a little more of an aerial assault with KW as OC.  I knew there would still be a strong run game with the QB and RB, but I didn't expect to see so much of JT keeping the ball.  I'd like to see more Weber and JK for sure, with JT airing it out to the WRs.  It looked like the QB to WR connections were clicking vs Indiana in the 4th Quarter - but I didn't see/hear much of that vs OK.

So forever I've just been hoping to see hometown boy Carman Jackson commit, but in light of his tweets lately,  he just seems more spoiled and dickish than most.   I'm ok if he decides to go elsewhere. 

I would like to see the DB's turn their heads and look for the ball so we can make a play on the ball and no more pass interference and giving up catch after catch! 

Here's hoping for lots of practice for the team this and next week.  Lots of opportunities to score and work on the basics.

DVRing the game, going to the BYU Wisconsin game.

Starting up the recording now.  Love how Nebraska was one of the teams that negatively recruited with Micah after that loss last week and they lose at home to NIU.  Yeah,  that's gonna leave a mark. :lol:

Hard to say a ton given the pace of game, but the team looked better.  JT showed flashes of good and bad.  Haskins looks like he has the advertised cannon and was very accurate.  I get the whole field general thing and acknowledge that Urban knows roughly 10,000X more about college football than I do and will trust his judgement.  Paris Campbell looks good.  JK still looking great.  WRs need to stop holding in their blocking.  Safeties looked solid.

The next 2 weeks will be fun with UNLV and Rutgers.

I think urban was praying Haskins would do what he did.  If JT plays terribly again, the fans will be demanding a change and it will be easier to do after Haskins looked great...I mean THAT is what a qb should look like. 

Did not watch but heard we had several pass interference calls again. I am taking it that we did not teach our DB's to look back for the ball yet. 

Haven't watched it yet,  at Comic-Con all day with my kids.  Looks like a fun one to watch. 

Having watched most of it now,  I gotta say they looked really good.  Defensive line dominant,  both starters and backups.   Backups played every position the entire 2nd half.  Haskins had some crazy throws but he needs to learn some touch too.  He could have had another TD to Williams if he hadn't tried to blast it every time.   JT looked good at times,  still floating on others. Bosa is crazy.   Chase Young looks like he'll be ridiculous. 

Having watched it all, I would say that those PI's were not as bad as I thought having read here.  One of them was kind of ridiculous, another borderline at best.  That said, Kendall Sheffield was 2 PI's and 1 holding.  The defense looked really really good.  Watching all those true freshman playing was pretty cool to see the future and all the talent on tap.

Yes,  it's Rutgers,  but this team is improving quickly.  Defense is crazy and deep.  WRs finally becoming reliable.  This team has a real chance. 

Yes,  it's Rutgers
Fixed it for you.

If we man handle Maryland, I might start having some more confidence but at this point, I still think it's a very strong possibility that we end up being a 3 loss team headed to some sad bowl game. I hope I am wrong! 

Yes,  it's Rutgers,  but this team is improving quickly.  Defense is crazy and deep.  WRs finally becoming reliable.  This team has a real chance. 
It'll go as far as JT allows them to go.  Honestly my confidence in him is still at a near all time low.  He's just not the same QB as he was pre-injury, especially running with the ball.  He needs that elusiveness to help his overall game.  I also think the hits are starting to pile up....he's never been shy with the rock in his hands.

It'll go as far as JT allows them to go.  Honestly my confidence in him is still at a near all time low.  He's just not the same QB as he was pre-injury, especially running with the ball.  He needs that elusiveness to help his overall game.  I also think the hits are starting to pile up....he's never been shy with the rock in his hands.
I agree, but he is making strides.  He is not the gunslinger of 2014, no doubt.  That said, we finally have WRs coming to the front - Victor is becoming the speed and height guy to stretch the field.  Dixon, now healthy, is showing great speed and vision to be the go-to slot guy.  Throw in Paris Campbell and a strong running game and things are looking up.  If they come out and just demolish Maryland, then I will have very high hopes the rest of the way.

I agree, but he is making strides.  He is not the gunslinger of 2014, no doubt.  That said, we finally have WRs coming to the front - Victor is becoming the speed and height guy to stretch the field.  Dixon, now healthy, is showing great speed and vision to be the go-to slot guy.  Throw in Paris Campbell and a strong running game and things are looking up.  If they come out and just demolish Maryland, then I will have very high hopes the rest of the way.
It's very possible that Army and Rutgers would make me look faster and better than I am.  I'm not closing the book on the season, I've read this story before.  But I'm also kinda looking ahead to next season when there HAS to be changing of the guard and wishing it happened sooner rather than later.  There are 3 skilled QBs sitting behind JT, it's not like we have one big recruit sitting there being groomed waiting for him time.  We screw up the choice next year after watching JT lose 2-3 games this year, look out Columbus.

A lot of info out there about the offense being very much like the explosive offense Oregon ran a few years ago.  There is a lot to be excited about with this team going forward.  3 electric RB's in JK, Weber and Super Demario.  WRs hitting their stride.  True freshmen are developing and contributing.  JT seems to be getting his confidence back.  Excited for this week going forward.

I am taking my family back to Columbus for Thanksgiving to be with my family there and have 8 tickets to the Illinois game.  :excited:   Have not taken all of my kids and wife to a game before.

A lot of info out there about the offense being very much like the explosive offense Oregon ran a few years ago.  There is a lot to be excited about with this team going forward.  3 electric RB's in JK, Weber and Super Demario.  WRs hitting their stride.  True freshmen are developing and contributing.  JT seems to be getting his confidence back.  Excited for this week going forward.

I am taking my family back to Columbus for Thanksgiving to be with my family there and have 8 tickets to the Illinois game.  :excited:   Have not taken all of my kids and wife to a game before.
You are the Buckeye Optimist! I hope you are right, but this game against Maryland will be a real barometer of where we are at. If we handle the Terps I will be more optimistic.

You are the Buckeye Optimist! I hope you are right, but this game against Maryland will be a real barometer of where we are at. If we handle the Terps I will be more optimistic.
It is a much happier life to be optimistic and hopeful about things than negative.  I remember the 2007 BCS National Championship game as a turning point for me, honestly.  At halftime I was so angry, I just had to relax, let it go and the losses have not really bothered me so much since.  I enjoy the games and teams as fan and know I am not playing there and have little to do with the outcome.  Just enjoy the wins and cheer for what you love.  Life is good! :yes:

O-freaking-H!

Such an awesome game.  Defense dominant.  JT looks like he's got his groove back.  

Such an awesome game.  Defense dominant.  JT looks like he's got his groove back.  
Mmmmmmm, not awesome.

JT still struggling with throws but I think he is improving.

Special teams were awful! 

Defense (especially the line) were awesome!

The refs were awful for the first ejection! Textbook hit!

I still have no idea what to think about the team this year. They show flashes of brilliance but overall, I have to say not a top 5 team overall. Quarterback is a huge question mark, which is odd because according to the statistics, Barrett is one of the best ever. On the field, I'm not seeing it. 

Have to agree. I do think they are the class of the Big 10 (we'll find out vs Penn State), but I don't think they can hang against the best in college football, i.e. Bama and Clemson. Just too inconsistent.

Barrett has improved incredibly over the last few games.  No he's not perfect but his throws were so much better today than before.   By the time they get to November they will be hitting a huge stride. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Branden Bowen gone with a broken leg.  It's pretty bad looking at photos.  Hope RG can get shored up.

Big game this weekend.  Love to see the Bucks continue to improve all around heading into their bye and the B1G showdown with PSU.  Really starting to like the WR's more and more.  Victor has amazing potential.  They just seem to have about 4-5 guys now that can have big games, meaning defenses cannot lock in on the go-to guy, either.  JT just needs to keep managing the game and getting the ball to whoever is open.

Haven't watched many games since the OU loss.  Mainly due to the opponents, knowing the Bucks would use them as a learning curve to get better and grow.  Fully anticipated lop-sided scores, and watching them beat up on lower skilled teams just isn't that much fun for me.  I was interested in MD, until I heard about them losing some key players and starting a 3rd string QB.  That game went about the way I thought it would.

The Nebraska game will be one I tune in for this weekend.  Hoping they do keep growing and carrying this momentum forward into the Penn State game.  That will be the true test.  Also happy to see that these young Bucks don't have big games on back to back weekends.  The schedule breaks out pretty well with PSU, Iowa, MSU, Illinois, then MI.  These "breaks" between big games will help them settle in and refine their game before the next big one.

Here is my issue with this perception.  Alabama destroys crappy teams and everyone says they are just the end all of football teams.  Ohio State does the same thing to equally bad/good teams and it is expected, that they have not proven anything.  It is typical SEC echo chamber rhetoric but frustrating.  I see a team that has improved dramatically, notwithstanding the opposition, and it has been really really fun to watch.  Especially watching Chase Young and a few other younger Bucks like Victor.  Chase and Victor have the potential to be monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread