What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Great Underrated/Lesser Known Action Movies? (1 Viewer)

Skoo

Footballguy
Love me a good mindless action flick, but I feel like I've seen all the big ones. Wife is working nights this week, let's hear what you got!

Not really underrated or lesser known anymore but this first movie that comes to mind for me is Boondock Saints.

I don't know If you could consider it  unknown because it was a pretty huge movie overseas, but The Raid  and The Raid 2 are probably two of the most off the hook action flicks you're going to see.

And I'm sure you have seen it, but John Wick is probably one of my top five favorite action movies. 

Edit::!looks like great minds think a like

Last edited by a moderator:
 I don't know If you could consider it  unknown because it was a pretty huge movie overseas, but The Raid  and The Raid 2 are probably two of the most off the hook action flicks you're going to see.

And I'm sure you have seen it, but John Wick is probably one of my top five favorite action movies. 
Well you're the second one to mention The Raid so I guess I'll have to check it out. Foreign with subtitles I'm guessing?

And movies like John Wick are what made me wanna make this thread. Never would've known about it if I didn't randomly see that it was OnDemand.

Like, Non-Stop with Liam Neeson?
Ok, maybe not that mindless.

In all seriousness though, I've realized over the past few years that if I get some explosions and some cheap one-liners I'm probably going to be satisfied.

Obviously there are action movies that have that and a lot more, but they can be good without IMO.

District B-13

Attack The Block

Where Eagles Dare

Run Lola, Run

Infernal Affairs

Apocalypto

Kung Fu Hustle

Ip Man

Dredd

John Wick

Blue Ruin - This is pretty good. More of a thriller than an action movie. So not quite what you are asking for.

I feel like they don't make as many mindless action movies as they used to. Especially the humorous ones. They should be releasing Lethal Weapon type movies every month. Instead, all we get are superhero movies.

The Raid

The Raid:  Redemption

straight balls to the wall martial arts action.
I definitely can get behind this.  It is subtitled, but there isn't much plot anyway.  Just 90mins of some of the best action/martial arts you will see.  Love these movies.

Not sure how under the radar this one was, but The Assignment was pretty damn good.  Recommend.

Started with Equilibrium last night....was okay

Wife is working again tonight so it's time for round 2!

Gross Pointe Blank - funny but good.

I'll second those Raid movies.

Jack Reacher

Any of the Mission Impossible movies.

Starship Troopers

The Marine

Fast Justice

Users who are viewing this thread