Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - KICKOFF!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WilliamBonney said:

Anyone use DFS projections for a prop road map? I dabbled with NBA stuff a couple times with THESE GUYS projections and it didn't work out so well. I got to looking at the hockey and alot of their projections are 2+ off from the lines offered at bovada on saves. 

I've been doing this for NBA this season.  After a really hot start I've been crashing back down pretty hard.  Still up for the year, but down to like +7 from +35 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frostillicus said:

I've been doing this for NBA this season.  After a really hot start I've been crashing back down pretty hard.  Still up for the year, but down to like +7 from +35 or so.

The numbers always pointed towards playing a majority of under plays and the sample size was small, but it was a ####ty sample. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

TF any idea on limits for the props?

$500 at Cortez and Westgate.  I guess in theory I could've went back twice.  Other thing was that the lines never moved from day to day....only the juice...make sure you ask the guy taking the bets if anything has changed from the print out (they weren't listed on any digital boards...only paper format)

Edited by Tiger Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

I've been doing this for NBA this season.  After a really hot start I've been crashing back down pretty hard.  Still up for the year, but down to like +7 from +35 or so.

dang thats huge difference.

 

not possible for most stuff obviously that are more daily but I dont even look at anyone else projections anymore.  I use to peek and see if I lined up a bit before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swirvenirvin said:

dang thats huge difference.

 

not possible for most stuff obviously that are more daily but I dont even look at anyone else projections anymore.  I use to peek and see if I lined up a bit before.

It's been.........not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

URI -9.5

Purdue -11.5

IPFW +13

Florida +7.5

ECU/Virginia u 115

Houston/Arkansas u 154

Texas/Michigan u 131

Swanigan u 16.5p

Mack u 2.5 made 3s

Irvin o 14.5p

Allen o 12.5p

Kennard u 6.5r

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frostillicus said:

URI -9.5

Purdue -11.5

IPFW +13

Florida +7.5

ECU/Virginia u 115

Houston/Arkansas u 154

Texas/Michigan u 131

Swanigan u 16.5p

Mack u 2.5 made 3s

Irvin o 14.5p

Allen o 12.5p

Kennard u 6.5r

URI off the board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

URI off the board

Good news - you can get URI -7.5 now

Bad news - you can get URI -7.5 now which means lots of money likes ODU +9.5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to try to jump back in to a little hockey here since football is winding down. I'm implementing a 4-max
system that I tried to learn by following NoJokeNHL on Twitter a few years ago before he went tout and then
disappeared (maybe that should tell me something). Two years ago this did very well for me, last year it was
terrible and I lost interest. I've looked at the 4 early games, I'll try to look at the later ones after I get home from
a BS chamber of commerce after hours. Here's what I got:

Nucks/Devils  U5  (-115)
Flyers  PL  (+195)

I think there's quite a bit of value on the Nucks at around +160, but the Devils have been so good at home this year
I'm staying away. We'll wade in here with small plays and see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

URI -9.5

Purdue -11.5

IPFW +13

Florida +7.5

ECU/Virginia u 115

Houston/Arkansas u 154

Texas/Michigan u 131

Swanigan u 16.5p

Mack u 2.5 made 3s

Irvin o 14.5p

Allen o 12.5p

Kennard u 6.5r

What was the latest NCAA tourney team you mentioned?  Meant to look back through the thread, but... :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WilliamBonney said:

@The Ref- You watching any hockey tonight, pal?

Maybe....

Talbot ovr 27 ??

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

URI -9.5

Purdue -11.5

IPFW +13

Florida +7.5

ECU/Virginia u 115

Houston/Arkansas u 154

Texas/Michigan u 131

Swanigan u 16.5p

Mack u 2.5 made 3s

Irvin o 14.5p

Allen o 12.5p

Kennard u 6.5r

They don't have a ton, but sportsbetting.ag has a few player props tonight. Allen o12.5 is +110 there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gmbacm said:

What was the latest NCAA tourney team you mentioned?  Meant to look back through the thread, but... :kicksrock:

Virginia

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

They don't have a ton, but sportsbetting.ag has a few player props tonight. Allen o12.5 is +110 there. 

I played kennard u10.5reb/assists there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lumpy19 said:

I played kennard u10.5reb/assists there

He played high school ball one town over from where I live and I went to several games his jr/sr career. I actually saw coach K at a Valley View Spartan football game when Franklin came to play. Anyways, I like that bet because that kid doesn't dish the rock much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since last season Blues 25-8-2 to the under (1st NHL) with 1.86 goals allowed (1st NHL) coming off > 1 day of rest. Habs also on the last game of that weird road trip where they played all the west coast USA teams then went to St. Louis for some reason before going back home.

Habs/Blues u5 +124

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gmbacm said:

What was the latest NCAA tourney team you mentioned?  Meant to look back through the thread, but... :kicksrock:

Or Xavier?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

The Buffalos tied the hockey game!!!! OT for Talbot to get more saves!!! :excited:

needed to save that last one instead of letting it in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gussy said:

8PM ET games

Habs/Blues OT-Y  +240
Jets   -135

I believe this is where I say, THIS IS WHAT I DO, lol.

Pretty good first night, 3-2-1, up a smidge over 2 units thanks to the OT game hit. I'll keep pushing for a while and see how things turn out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Ref could you add like 5 more * to the title to help differentiate from all the other official threads?  I keep passing it by

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Boy does Duke look good.  Gross.

Probably a sucker bet, but I took the dookies at 5-1. If Giles is the real deal they might be unbeatable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

@The Ref could you add like 5 more * to the title to help differentiate from all the other official threads?  I keep passing it by

ALL CAPITALS AND PINNING IT AT THE TOP OF PAGE ONE WOULD BE GOOD TOO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you don't use exactly 3 asterisks on each side of the title, it's not really official. there are rules. this isn't 'Nam.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

if you don't use exactly 3 asterisks on each side of the title, it's not really official. there are rules. this isn't 'Nam.

But there are 4 to the right, so looks like we're already in violation 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

But there are 4 to the right, so looks like we're already in violation 

yep. really left that window wide open for someone else to create a true OFFICIAL wagering thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing in hockey tonight. I think there's some value on the Bruins in WASH, but Holtby's success vs. BOS and
Rask's lack of success, assuming he's starting, vs. WASH kept me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

But there are 4 to the right, so looks like we're already in violation 

Fixed.   Anything else that would help make the Ffawt great again?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circle announced today it would no longer operate as a tradition bitcoin exchange for those who primarily use that site.  They recommend transferring to someone such as Coinbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Donkey Derp said:

Circle announced today it would no longer operate as a tradition bitcoin exchange for those who primarily use that site.  They recommend transferring to someone such as Coinbase.

:goodposting:

 

I have coinbase and have deposited into a couple of books. What are the steps involved in withdrawing via bitcoin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WilliamBonney said:

:goodposting:

 

I have coinbase and have deposited into a couple of books. What are the steps involved in withdrawing via bitcoin?

Withdraw to 3rd party wallet , transfer to coinbase,  transfer to bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Withdraw to 3rd party wallet , transfer to coinbase,  transfer to bank

I have coinbase hooked up to my bank. What is the best 3rd party wallet? This will be for Bovada and BOL. 

I'd love to see places copy ACR with the debit card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WilliamBonney said:

I have coinbase hooked up to my bank. What is the best 3rd party wallet? This will be for Bovada and BOL. 

I'd love to see places copy ACR with the debit card. 

I use blockchain 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donkey Derp said:

Circle announced today it would no longer operate as a tradition bitcoin exchange for those who primarily use that site.  They recommend transferring to someone such as Coinbase.

say what now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.