What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (7 Viewers)

Remember when we were watching Yankees at Fenway a few years ago. And Nugs' old lady was watching. When A-Rod came back from steroid suspension and was getting pelted by the Yankees' pitching staff. That's the Yanks/Red Sox game I always remember. It was a Sunday night game too. Now A-Rod in the ESPN broadcast booth with his wife, J-Lo and two daughters eating birthday cake on his birthday. At Fenway Park. In the broadcast booth. At night.

speaking of pelting; that wall in left field is about to fall over jfc

ugh. then Bradley mistakes first base coach for the 1st baseman. throws it into the dugout for two additional runs. "this has not been the best defensive night for the Red Sox" uh.. yeah you can say that :topcat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from Bombers/Argos those L3 CFL games look pretty intriguing. Lines haven't dropped yet but I think all three home teams should be laying approximately the same number of points in each game. Say -4 on all the home teams. Roughriders looked nice beating the F out of the Lions while Hamilton lost their QB for the season. Alouettes coming off the bye while Redblacks barely lost to Stamps (which sucks because Alouettes would have seen a ton of value this week if Redblacks had freakin' won). And then the Stampeders at home; winning games but not covering spreads. I'd say Als -4 and Saskatchewan/Calgary each at -6 to drop on the open..

Aside from Bombers/Argos those L3 CFL games look pretty intriguing. Lines haven't dropped yet but I think all three home teams should be laying approximately the same number of points in each game. Say -4 on all the home teams. Roughriders looked nice beating the F out of the Lions while Hamilton lost their QB for the season. Alouettes coming off the bye while Redblacks barely lost to Stamps (which sucks because Alouettes would have seen a ton of value this week if Redblacks had freakin' won). And then the Stampeders at home; winning games but not covering spreads. I'd say Als -4 and Saskatchewan/Calgary each at -6 to drop on the open..
Roughriders -2 -110
Redblacks +7 -105
Stampeders -1½ -110

Stamps gonna have to bring it this week at home, or else they gonna lose 2 division games in a row before hosting Montreal before the bye week. No way they go into Winnipeg on 4 days' rest and win next Thursday.

Montreal is coming off a home game AND a bye week. So their home field advantage is strong. But Redblacks had an extra day of rest (7 days total) before this game - plus they get their dude back - I still think Als should've been laying 4 max, and I still like Montreal a lot as a team with their turnaround from last season, but this will be the first time they've given points away this year. Spreads in their first five games: +10,+14,+12.5,+9,+5 and now they're laying 7.. and it's 8 weeks into the season. The extra day for the Redblacks was big.

The Tiger Cats defense is strong, and if they had any more time to prepare for this game, you'd have to put some more thought into fading them. Plus, their backup QB is good too... but just five days to prepare for their first non-division road game and having to board a six-hour flight to Saskatoon..? They've won 2 of their L13 games there.. gimme Fajardo

Thanks brother. Wow McRae must really suck. I got this woman coming over, just gonna take my money back and chill out on the rest of this short slate tonite. She isn't a MLB fan anyway, but I'm still gonna show her my backdoor slider know what I'm sayin'

facook said:
Love the discussion, TF, though I have to put more thought into the theory.  Right now we'd be looking at (including spread just to show less than 6 currently):

Ucla (+3) at Cinci

FIU (+2.5) at Tulane

Utah St (+3.5) at Wake

SMU (+3) at Ark St.
Interestingly enough, when I change the spread range from 3-5.5, you increase the ROI to 32.5%, which I guess would make sense b/c you typically see a 20 cent jump in ML from 2 to 3 as opposed to a 10 cent jump from 1-2.

Here's one for the HOF Game.  It's under the 20% ROI, but it is the HOF game......I'm just not really sold on the theory behind it.

Preseason early weeks Over on totals 35 and below

• Weeks 1-2 generally pretty random with minimal starters playing and not much predictability
  • Thought is that you take a low key # like 35 and play the over
Cons

• Similar to above, downside is that you have to wait right until close to make the play (take a 2% dip in ROI at 34.5, and a huge dip down to 9% at 34)
  • Doesn't really pass the "Glide" test, if the theory were to hold true and it goes over at 35, it should go over at a similar (or larger) clip for 34.5, 34, 33.5, etc...and it doesn't

https://ibb.co/98XpHkG

Deposited on bol yesterday with CC placed a bet then checked it today and saw it was gone

any idea why this happened

DESCRIPTION: CC REVERSAL 

DESCRIPTION: WRITE OFF

Love the discussion, TF, though I have to put more thought into the theory.  Right now we'd be looking at (including spread just to show less than 6 currently):

Ucla (+3) at Cinci

FIU (+2.5) at Tulane

Utah St (+3.5) at Wake

SMU (+3) at Ark St.
I already bet UCLA +4 and FIU +3.

I missed Wake -2.5 which I would have really liked to play.

Jealous.....my buddy's pulled the brakes when I asked for last 4 of social.  Thought about faking numbers but not worth the risk.

I started looking for new books last night to get ready for football season found a few I haven't used yet which was exciting.
any other new books which look decent for props?

Users who are viewing this thread