What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (5 Viewers)

After reading the post you quoted I felt even better about my love for the 9ers. I didn’t think Reid would run it that much. I put a few dollars on Williams at 32-1 for mvp just in case. I watched the stupid postgame show thinking he had a chance but no dice lol
Well he was definitely runner-up. You weren't alone. If Super Bowl MVP didn't historically lean predominantly toward the winning QB or maybe if the "garbage time" TD would have occurred against a slightly more competitive final margin.. the voters would've been compelled, he would've won, and you'd have grossed a +32. Regardless, I'm still happy to say I was riding shotgun with you on that one, purchased live at 15-1 in the third quarter. It was an impulse buy. Mahomes was simultaneously selling for -120. But I thought it was worth a shot for the same reason you did. Plus I heard a pregame commentator say that Andy told him not to be be surprised if Williams won.

IN

16-1 FanDuel 
I just added to Homa too at 16/1.  Also put a little on current leader Nick Taylor at 14/1 and Jordan Spieth at 33/1.  He is overdue for a big score and didn't harm himself yesterday, which has been his Achilles last couple years.  If he can avoid disaster, not get stuck in his head, he can rejoin the ranks of elite in a hurry.  IMO.  33/1 worth a sawbuck.  

I just added to Homa too at 16/1.  Also put a little on current leader Nick Taylor at 14/1 and Jordan Spieth at 33/1.  He is overdue for a big score and didn't harm himself yesterday, which has been his Achilles last couple years.  If he can avoid disaster, not get stuck in his head, he can rejoin the ranks of elite in a hurry.  IMO.  33/1 worth a sawbuck.  
Thx

Grabbed Spieth too

@ChainsawU  Sunday Nights will never be the same.  :(  

@AndrewMarchand

Jessica Mendoza has resigned as a Met advisor and will no longer be on Sunday Night Baseball. She will remain on ESPN, doing weekday games, among other things.

Juwan Howard 0-2 in rematches. H to the Izzo coming off a 2-game loser streak. Since 2014 Izzo 11-3 to the over in games v Michigan. Two of the three unders occurred in 2 of the 3 games played on no-rest postseason situations in March. Also 11-0 O/U when Izzo D allowed more than 62 points

Catching Kermit Davis in a little home streak. Rebs got back from LSU last Saturday and don't play away from home until next Saturday. Smack dab in the middle of a two-week home stand sleeping in their own beds. Not sure if I trust them to cover 5 in a row though. No idea

SMU has the rest advantage in a really short-lined game headed up to Temple. Look like line opened pick'em and got slammed with Mustangs. Might be a little resistance at +2 however. SMU 9-0 to the over this season when they hold the rest advantage (avg total to beat was 136.5). 'Stangs averaged 81 ppg in those nine games.

All I bought is the IUPUI so far. Feels like a volatile Saturday if you let it. I'm not gonna let it. Cheers brosephs hope you are feeling healthy and smiling on a weekend and if you got church I hope it lets out early amirite

Is this true

Temple only clinging to their market value based on their D, which has been significantly worse in conference (.93 PPP Non-conf vs 1 PPP conf). Reason for their D numbers is 3P% D. 326th in 3PA’s given up, yet 17th in % against

XFL - I took a small parlay for all overs....... the kicking rules seem like they favor the return game, scoring at the end of each half etc. The running clock is a concern, but the clock runs in the NFL relatively often anyway. How anyone sets a line for this I have no idea, so I will set some loose change on fire and see what happens..... G'luck. 

XFL - I took a small parlay for all overs....... the kicking rules seem like they favor the return game, scoring at the end of each half etc. The running clock is a concern, but the clock runs in the NFL relatively often anyway. How anyone sets a line for this I have no idea, so I will set some loose change on fire and see what happens..... G'luck. 
Circa opened all four games at 40, limit of $1000/bet.  They were up to 44 within like 10 minutes, and now the games sit where they sit.  Not saying that they know any more than we do to open them that low, but almost feels like over-reaction at this point.  52?  Eesh.

How big of a line move is that really on SMU, flipping from -1 to 1. SMU got rest advantage all day but dang it seems public with the game on cable tv. It's either a pump fake or somebody must've dropped a whole grip on Temple

Mountain West DD faves might be worth a look at those overs today

Also like that High Point/Radford over

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure thing. Good morning brother. It's a teaser. A two-team teaser, but you're giving away points. Here is what it looks like at 5D

1. First wager Furman -4.5 in addition to selling 6.5 gives the -11

2. Second wager TBD with a line I like in the future
Ah got it.  Thank you.  Didn’t check and didnt realize you were giving points!  Thanks for clarifying.  Lets make some money today!!

Last edited by a moderator:
SMU has the rest advantage in a really short-lined game headed up to Temple. Look like line opened pick'em and got slammed with Mustangs. Might be a little resistance at +2 however. SMU 9-0 to the over this season when they hold the rest advantage (avg total to beat was 136.5). 'Stangs averaged 81 ppg in those nine games.
SMU -120
SMU o69 -110

Big college hoops slate today

SMU ML

Sparty -2

LSU +5

Kansas -4 1st half, -8.5

Kentucky -2.5

Pitt -2.5

Purdue +3

St. Louis +13.5

Florida -3

Seton Hall +3.5 and ML

Louisville -7, -4 1st H

TX Tech -3

Stanford +9

SDSU -12, -6 1st H

BYU -9.5, -5.5 1st H

Gonzaga -6, -3 1st H

Duke -4 1st H

Depaul +3

I took all four unders, GLTA

I took all four unders, GLTA
Yeah I was probably going to dabble with the first game under but really just try and keep an eye on gameflow and see if a total in the 50’s makes sense.  

The otherleague the first three weeks was all unders, the D way more ready than O.   I can see the same happening other than the rules

Yeah I was probably going to dabble with the first game under but really just try and keep an eye on gameflow and see if a total in the 50’s makes sense.  

The otherleague the first three weeks was all unders, the D way more ready than O.   I can see the same happening other than the rules
It's gonna be awesome in 4 weeks when we learn that XFL key numbers are like 5, 9, and 13.

Juwan Howard 0-2 in rematches. H to the Izzo coming off a 2-game loser streak. Since 2014 Izzo 11-3 to the over in games v Michigan. Two of the three unders occurred in 2 of the 3 games played on no-rest postseason situations in March. Also 11-0 O/U when Izzo D allowed more than 62 points
sparty blows

Against Kentucky this season 8-1 O/U on totals 136 or less and 8-0 when you score more than 53. I think Vols get more than 53 and it goes ovr

How many points for Khadim Sy tonight? I think at home with Sy that total has a chance to go over and they might even cover the spread too
Ole Miss 8-5 O/U L13 when Sy logs minutes: 0-5 O/U away and 8-0 O/U home/neutral, scoring an average of 80±4 ppg in the home/neutral. Rebs played without Tyree (back bruise) and Sy (coach decision) in the first game against Gators and both those dudes play today.

Mississippi o67 -110

Ole Miss 8-5 O/U L13 when Sy logs minutes: 0-5 O/U away and 8-0 O/U home/neutral, scoring an average of 80±4 ppg in the home/neutral. Rebs played without Tyree (back bruise) and Sy (coach decision) in the first game against Gators and both those dudes play today.

Mississippi o67 -110
In o66.5 -110

Look good right? I'm joining in on Purdue +3½ -120 too. After I saw it get to +3 I was like had to do it.

Their coach is like 8-1 L9 against Indiana. And the Indiana coach is 1-5 in his career avoiding four-game losing streak. The one win was as double digit favorite. And Purdue handed them four-game losing streaks twice last season. I think this is going to be exactly one possession either way, so I bought the -120

Circa opened all four games at 40, limit of $1000/bet.  They were up to 44 within like 10 minutes, and now the games sit where they sit.  Not saying that they know any more than we do to open them that low, but almost feels like over-reaction at this point.  52?  Eesh.
Thanks. I had not looked to see where lines started. Apparently I am late to that party :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread