What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (14 Viewers)

Yo this kid in the stands in Atlanta just got himself on Intentional Talk tomorrow - I bet you. Maybe even ESPN. Little dude made a textbook catch in the stands. Crowd was like, "OOOOH," announcers were giving him props, then all the sudden kid reaches into his bag and switches his Mets cap into a Braves cap. It was pretty crucial. Not sure if he can hit, but I think the M's should probably give him a look strictly based on defense alone.

I feel terrible, sorry fellas.

That was truly one of the dumbest moments of my adult life.
The cruddy thing is, this could keep you from posting future winners.  I know Goo has mentioned in the past he posts less (or not at all) because posting a loser we tail hurts WAY more than posting winner.  Crap happens.  Frankly, those of us who tailed should have just stayed away when you used the word "lock".  :)   Seriously, though, ESS happens.  Don't let it keep you from being you hoot.  I for one have no hard feelings.  Appreciate you posting your honest opinions.

The cruddy thing is, this could keep you from posting future winners.  I know Goo has mentioned in the past he posts less (or not at all) because posting a loser we tail hurts WAY more than posting winner.  Crap happens.  Frankly, those of us who tailed should have just stayed away when you used the word "lock".  :)   Seriously, though, ESS happens.  Don't let it keep you from being you hoot.  I for one have no hard feelings.  Appreciate you posting your honest opinions.
Yeah we've all been there. Losing bets are part of the game, only a child would think otherwise.

I'm just going to go back to my personal rule of not posting anything above -200.  I thought I was smarter than I was, can't even remember the last time I backed someone at that number, but I'm sure they lost too, which is why I don't do it.  

Had extensive knowledge of Meeks, his camp, and background.  He played same position as my cousin at Iowa State when they were there together.  So I wasn't just grasping at straws.  Pretty sure the money backing me was mostly responsible for the line movement, should have trusted the oddsmakers more.

Between myself and guys I know I can count with my fingers, we netted close to a 6 figure loss yesterday.  Way too early in the week for that.

Got my money in at -300 and it closed -900, might be the best CLV I've ever achieved, don't apologize.

Should have hedged
Its just more fun to be smart, I don't mind losing my money, I'm a gambler.  But I can't stand giving bad advice, I won't make a habit of it, and I appreciate all the kind words.  We either win, or get smarter, I'll accept nothing less.

I'm just going to go back to my personal rule of not posting anything above -200.  I thought I was smarter than I was, can't even remember the last time I backed someone at that number, but I'm sure they lost too, which is why I don't do it.  

Had extensive knowledge of Meeks, his camp, and background.  He played same position as my cousin at Iowa State when they were there together.  So I wasn't just grasping at straws.  Pretty sure the money backing me was mostly responsible for the line movement, should have trusted the oddsmakers more.

Between myself and guys I know I can count with my fingers, we netted close to a 6 figure loss yesterday.  Way too early in the week for that.
I'd recommend not ignoring anything above -200, it's a mistake

Giolito has been an auto bet for me for several weeks.  Was this morning as well.  Now I get the email that every tout on VSiN and ESPN is on them.  Surefire loser.  

I'm in a beach house on Newport Beach. The woman was here when I got to her Air B&B. It smells like cats. Like, bad. I'm chromecasting MLB to her living room television. Pretty sure she totally lives here and I'm sleeping in the bed she slept in last night. Kind of feel like I should of given her some D before she left. She looked like she might need some. Just judging by the cat smell. I wonder when the last time a dude's been in here. Feels like I'm at my grandma's

I think the Cubs and D-Backs were hung over from the road today yesterday. Really didn't have the balls to buy the White Sox yesterday, but had a hunch Cubs might fall flat. Think I'll back them tonight.

Cubs -137

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a beach house on Newport Beach. The woman was here when I got to her Air B&B. It smells like cats. Like, bad. I'm chromecasting MLB to her living room television. Pretty sure she totally lives here and I'm sleeping in the bed she slept in last night. Kind of feel like I should of given her some D before she left. She looked like she might need some. Just judging by the cat smell. I wonder when the last time a dude's been in here. Feels like I'm at my grandma's
That sucks dude!  Bail and ask for a partial?  She knows she's pulling some crap and will probably be happy with anything.  Cut and run!

Giolito has been an auto bet for me for several weeks.  Was this morning as well.  Now I get the email that every tout on VSiN and ESPN is on them.  Surefire loser.  
Shocker.  Loser.

living room
bedroom
bathroom
pantry :yucky:

what the #### am I doing here? this cost me 5 bills for 2 nights?? place is THICK with cat smell. flight for Vegas leaves Friday morning. do I bail? do I just get a hotel tomorrow night after the conference?
Dude.  The cat litter box is by the food.  Hump no one.  Get. OUT.

Weird being in Cali seeing all the green medicinal stores. I guess it'll be that way in Vegas too.
Last time I was in Vegas was last March and the dispensaries were all off the strip.  Short cab ride.  Recommend getting vapes/edibles to be discreet in public.  I did smoke a blunt or two just wandering on the strip.  Got a few comments, but nobody told me to put it out.

Let me know if you need any strain advice.

Second game of the season, coming off a loss, more rested team. On the flip side, opponent coming off the win -> which is probably where the value comes from. Double value. Wanted to bet Redblacks u28 (minimum u25), pass at u24½. Rolling the dice on the second-consecutive, non-divisional road game, which feels like a weird way to start the season..

Roughriders +170
Roughriders o20 -110

Bud makes me paranoid. Used to smoke daily. Haven't even drank yet - gonna try and go the entire time without. I'm in more of a gym, tan, massage mindset. Then land back in ATX next week ready to blow two chicks' minds. They're already both texting me emojis of eggplants and #### late night.. gonna be real hard, so to speak, to pass up some $lut working at the bar tho.. Especially if she look me in the eye too long.

If you have a slow local that Atlanta trade all but guarantees Hunter u5.5

ETA: also guarantees Garland o4.5 if you're local is super slow

ETA: NBA draft

Take a dump in the litter box. 🙂

Wtf...my poo emoji got turned into a smile...lame.

Man that frosh over 5.5 in top 10 bet was juicy....and Reddish just made it wet.  :banned:  

Also Reddish over 7.5 is sweet.  

Now let's get Nassir Little in next 2 picks, and Carson Edwards in the 1st round please.

ChainsawU said:
Bud makes me paranoid. Used to smoke daily. Haven't even drank yet - gonna try and go the entire time without. I'm in more of a gym, tan, massage mindset. Then land back in ATX next week ready to blow two chicks' minds. They're already both texting me emojis of eggplants and #### late night.. gonna be real hard, so to speak, to pass up some $lut working at the bar tho.. Especially if she look me in the eye too long.
You figure out what property that barmaid is gonna get railed on, Chain?

Also KC F5 TT  :hifive:   bought an Amazon Fire stick, sparked up watching MLB casting onto this hotel TV. Found a Planet Fitness here. And I guess (?) my membership works in California. I didn't have my bar code, but checked in with my phone number. Worked out, tanned, and promptly forgot where I was and walked directly into the women's locker room. :bag: They all look the same, and there's no doors! Took my shirt off, thought to myself "DAMN this men's locker room smells AMAZING," :shock: and then promptly walked out like :whistle: About to do my gym laundry at this hotel for a dollar. Flight leaves 11AM to Vegas I think.

facook said:
Man that frosh over 5.5 in top 10 bet was juicy....and Reddish just made it wet.  :banned:  

Also Reddish over 7.5 is sweet.  

Now let's get Nassir Little in next 2 picks, and Carson Edwards in the 1st round please.
Poop

Also KC F5 TT  :hifive:   bought an Amazon Fire stick, sparked up watching MLB casting onto this hotel TV. Found a Planet Fitness here. And I guess (?) my membership works in California. I didn't have my bar code, but checked in with my phone number. Worked out, tanned, and promptly forgot where I was and walked directly into the women's locker room. :bag: They all look the same, and there's no doors! Took my shirt off, thought to myself "DAMN this men's locker room smells AMAZING," :shock: and then promptly walked out like :whistle: About to do my gym laundry at this hotel for a dollar. Flight leaves 11AM to Vegas I think.
How'd the new business meeting go?

How'd the new business meeting go?
REALLY well. Totally opposite energy today than the whole cat ordeal yesterday. Met in person the man I've been talking to (kinda stringing along) via email the L2 years. He was VERY surprised to see me, but knew I was coming before I got there - so I got an incredible start, on the right foot with him immediately. Turned out he was the MAN - the actual dude doing today's presentation, and I had his back during the Q&A - asked some good questions, showed off my business education, and really participated positively overall throughout the whole thing. Learned a lot and got exactly what I wanted/needed. Couldn't have done better. I shined bro

Rays been kinda falling off lately. Started the road trip by getting swept by the division rival, now fly four time zones away to play a night game on no rest. And A's just saw Morton 10 days ago. Athletics have been beating up on the Orioles and M's L6 days at home.. anything?

Rays -102
Over 7 -135

they're ranked 4th in the power rankings league-wide. think they sneak one in then jet lag sneaks in tomorrow. total's down an entire run from open, seems fishy

That 9th in Oakland last night was the best thing I'd ever seen. A's took the beautiful 8-inning start and threw it directly in the toilet. And flushed. Phenomenally. Rays stole 3 bases top-9th alone. Stole 3rd even. But their closer was already jet lagged. It was like 1AM to him. His fastball was broken, like 3 feet off the mark every time. Like his fingers hurt. Just a sick ending to a game that was bet down an entire run from the open.

My butt was in a first class seat. IN the seat. Chatting with the flight attendant about what spiritual energies she gleans from her homemade bracelets. Hot Orange County to Las Vegas chicks with fake lips all around me. On Delta. The doors were closed. Plane broke. Electrical malfunction. Deplane. Refund. Now I'm waiting 3 hours to fly crappy Southwest instead <_< Airport WiFi won't let me access SBR because it's "for gambling." :rolleyes:

Walker Buehler is on his best rest. Owns a 2.10 ERA in 21 career starts on 5 days. In nine home starts on 5 days he has allowed 9 runs in 59.1 innings pitched with 7±2 k's per game. I'm guessing Rox team total is a flat 3 juiced to the over. And Buehler's O/U on k's is 7½.

Dude, I think they just firewall'd SDQL away from me now "because of gambling," too. Can they do that? I was using it 5 seconds ago and now it's blocked the same way SBR is.

Users who are viewing this thread