What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (11 Viewers)

I put together a situation researching the Mariners last night that returned a bunch of extra-inning games. Something including Verlander, Kukuchi, and division rivals that I can't recall specifically. I ended up with a game goes OT prop that paid out +850, set up in an action-junkie 2-team open parlay. It's still open, and paired with anything more than +120 pays out over 2 Gs.

Beware of the "Trap Game" for the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Toronto Argonauts

Many Saskatchewan Roughriders fans are optimistic despite their 0-2 start. After a toe-to-toe battle with the upstart Ottawa Redblacks, the Riders offense was clicking on all cylinders, the problem was, they were trailing the entire game. Fajardo gave fans a reason to believe after posting impressive numbers of 27/34 completion, 360 yards, two touchdowns to zero interceptions. It’s the most balanced the Riders offense had looked in years. Marcus Thigpen and William Powell combined for 20 carries for 102 yards and two touchdowns. Fajardo added one of his own as well. Whether it was because the team was trailing at key points during the game or if that was the game plan going in, it’s the best this Saskatchewan offense has looked in a while. However, as good as Fajardo was, Dominque Davis and the Redblacks offense was even better. Rider fans witnessed one of the more poor performances from this defense in a number of seasons. Here are some key things to keep an eye on for Canada Day’s tilt between the Argonauts and Roughriders:

Argonauts Offence
The Argos, on the other hand, are coming off an embarrassing loss in their home opener to their vaunted rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats. A 64-14 spanking was not how they imagined their season kicking off. It’s hard to point to one particular section of the team to pin the loss on, as the Argos were severely outmatched in all three phases of the game. James Franklin was 16/26, 211 yards and an interception - by no means horrible, but obviously not enough to keep up with a potent Hamilton offense. On the other hand, the Argonauts failed to get any traction in the run game. James Wilder Jr. had just 12 yards on six carries and Chris Rainey never had a carry or reception. For all the hype surrounding the depth at that position this off-season, there simply weren’t enough looks to those two players last game. If Franklin is going to get comfortable in this offense, Jacques Chapdelaine will have to lean on play makers such as Wilder, Rainey, SJ Green, Derel Walker and Armanti Edwards.

Roughriders Secondary
All eyes will be on Nick Marshall and how he responds after being picked on by Dominique Rhymes in Ottawa a little over a week ago. The Riders have no shortage of big names in their secondary from Ed Gainey to Loucheiz Purifoy and Mike Edem. It’ll take a collective effort to ensure Franklin doesn’t have a bounce-back game. As previously mentioned, the Argos boast their own weapons on the offensive side of the ball, so it’s a matter of execution on their end. Derrick Moncrief and Cameron Judge will also be vital in ensuring the Argos don’t get too creative with their stable of running backs. If the front four can generate a pass rush like last week and produce four sacks again, perhaps this won’t have to be the nail biter that many fear it may be.

Special Teams
Both the Argos and Riders struggled to contain their opponents return game in Week 2. Brandon Banks made Toronto pay for a missed field goal at the start of the fourth quarter while Ryan Lankford of Ottawa had four punt returns for 100 yards and five kick returns for 95 yards, with 42 and 36-yard returns included in each of those respectively. While Brett Lauther has been nearly automatic for Saskatchewan since taking over, it’ll be key for the Riders to contain on kickoffs and punts. The Riders can not afford to give a desperate Argos team any momentum in this phase of the game. Field position will play a big factor in how Saskatchewan’s defense responds.

Matchup to Keep an Eye On
Micah Johnson versus first-overall pick Shane Richards Richards will face one of the most difficult tests of his career, in just his second game. Johnson has yet to hit the stat sheet with sacks but he’s been key in opening up the lanes for Charleston Hughes and A.C. Leonard, who had a combined three sacks last week. It remains to be seen if Toronto will keep an extra running back to help protect Franklin, so look for the Riders to generate significant pressure if Richards can’t hold his own against Johnson.
They say nothing about what makes this a trap game. I honestly don't think they know what that term means. I think that they think a trap game is just a big favorite they are afraid might lose, without any reasoning except that they're unconfident and afraid. <_< What makes this a trap?! :rolleyes:

Joey Chestnut just left the broadcast booth in the Mets game. They interviewed him, and he sounded pretty confident when he said last year's total was 74 and he's seeing 75 this year as "very doable." Hot dog analytics says if he consumes 25 within the first couple minutes he's in for a good day, so that first couple minutes will tell us a lot. He gonna eat a couple dogs here and there the next few days, then do lemon juice fast leading up to the main event. From the horse's mouth to your lips:

Men's winner hot dogs eaten over 73½ +100

Looking at the home team coming home to play home opener with a win% of zero, I think both teams get to 30. ATS feels like coin toss. Action junkie didn't want to close a teaser with this, so started a new one.

Argos o21 -110
2 Team Teaser (ties push) +600

1. Argos/Roughriders o58½
  2. OPEN

edited as other have commented on price... clearly that was enough to give me pause  - not that I will miss $200, but that seems excessive for what the market usually bears. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn.  Game was still up when I posted that and had no idea he had passed until a few minutes ago
I wasn't making a comment on your post, good buddy.  It didn't register that you had a play on that game.  I just saw the news and thought I'd share.

What a bummer. 

Not that crazy.  Way more people in and around Jersey, plus I'd think Vegas just doesn't draw the traveling gamblers for May that it would for football season.  When New York and California legalize they'll pass Nevada as well.
PA is just getting warmed up too. 1 site running so far

3M matchups:

M. Hughes O Laird (-125)
Niemann O DeChambeau (+140)

Also put .4U on Niemann to win the Open at +15000

Yeah, I'm not paying $200.  He's pretty decent, but he's not THAT good.
Not crazy about it, but I'll probably do it. As time gets harder to find, I've signed up for a few DFS analysis sites for articles, projections, etc. to help prep. No regrets. 

regularguy said:
Not crazy about it, but I'll probably do it. As time gets harder to find, I've signed up for a few DFS analysis sites for articles, projections, etc. to help prep. No regrets. 
Yup, easy to justify.  Honestly I'd spend way more because my guess is the information on that site will save me a massive amount of time.

Also early bird special is $180, already saved $20

Yup, easy to justify.  Honestly I'd spend way more because my guess is the information on that site will save me a massive amount of time.

Also early bird special is $180, already saved $20
I signed up because it's a no brainer.

He does most of the thinking for me and if you're betting props, $180 is absolutely nothing. Between him and tagliere's article it's really all you need for NFL.

delayed over 2 hours with 1:39 left in the 1H :sadbanana:
Sask:
293 passing yards, 3 touchdowns before the delay
137 passing yards, 0 touchdowns after the delay

6 total points scored 2H :kicksrock:

Tough to get jacked back up when you already have the game in hand and sat in the locker room for 2 hours eating putain.

I'm sitting four rows behind D-backs dugout. Drove to Phoenix this morning.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-fVKyAW4AAuBI2.jpg

They gave me a sweet 2019 Impala. It was a beautiful day. Filled up with 18 gallons of $5.00 gas before joining-in as the 3rd leg in a three-man convoy. We were burning 104 mph through the desert - the lead man driving an Audi R8 - and me maxing out the engine in that Impala just trying to keep up with them. Drove it so hard my shoulders began cramping up, and it was probably the most dangerous/fun hour of my life. If you've ever seen those desert vistas. Winding in and out of dry mountain terrain. The road alternated back and forth between 2 and 4 lanes (divided highway) - and we eventually broke up after the road switched down to two lanes for good - but a 4.5-hour drive only ended up taking me three and a half hours.

Feasibly, Tanaka could have been the only starter the Yankees flew overseas. They might have pulled a fast one, no? That's the last thing I'd do is fly all my starters overseas if I didn't need them. Especially with the way teams are super-aware of time zones now - the way east coast teams will fly starters to the west coast a few days before road trips even begin..

Yankees just traveled 7,000 miles. While the Mets finally showed some heart with 5 runs in the 8th Sunday night to avoid a sweep at the hands of the division rival. Mets must've gone down the yellow brick road and seen the wizard and got them some heart. Maybe showing some heart in the division rivalry will spill over into the cross-town rivalry.. maybe Yankees ain't got off the plane yet, too..

Mets +125
Mets -1½ +225
Mets -2½ +415

Same angle, except Red Sox may have taken all their starters overseas :lol: because, unlike the Yanks, they used at least two that we know of..

Jays +150

German Marquez 10-2 SU versus AL (avg line -126). But they've only won 4 of his 12 home starts on 5 days rest, where he allowed 41 runs in 65.2 innings.. otherwise I'd have bet Rox..

L3 seasons Diamondbacks O/U after a day off (1st MLB)
that's possibly the best situation in the MLB for an over, Clarke's starts have gone 6-1-1 O/U (6-0-1 when D-Backs score), and this will be consecutive starts for Stripling versus D-Backs

Diamondbacks/Dodgers o9 -105

German Marquez 10-2 SU versus AL (avg line -126). But they've only won 4 of his 12 home starts on 5 days rest, where he allowed 41 runs in 65.2 innings.. otherwise I'd have bet Rox..
I took Astros and Stros -2.5 +220 so Rox are a mortal lock.

I took Astros and Stros -2.5 +220 so Rox are a mortal lock.
That CFL this Thursday, Alouettes are making their home debut in their third game of the season. It's kind of an embarassing number of points to be getting for a home team, and it's the same matchup (Tiger Cats) that we cashed those bets with on Friday.. Same two teams. I'm leaning dog. But it's the Alouettes. My least-favorite CFL team to bet on. Tiger Cats had a game on them last time - that was the situation, playing their 3rd game to the Al's 2nd, which gave them the big advantage. But Thursday I think this 12 points is where it's at, unless I thought we'd have a chance at a +16 or better, which we won't. Reduced juice might cost less, but I like the 12 so paid the 10 cents.

Alouettes +12½ -110

Users who are viewing this thread