What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (7 Viewers)

Titans_fan said:
Jordan Howard 1+ TDs at +300.  I like the shot at a short TD plunge at that price. (It's since dropped to +200)
Please stick around. Help make up for my trash posting.

Both dudes coming off bye weeks and I like Cutcliffe scoring points in that spot. Also ran across a few games that went into extras so bought that, too. There were plenty of situations to choose from but I ultimately went with Cutcliffe when he get more than 7 days off: 14-2 ATS and perfect 14-0 eclipsing 28 ppg. Historical H2H results and % bets made me want to pick Hokies initially - as Duke might be kinda public, but I like my angle I found.

Duke +2½ -102
Duke o26½ +110
Duke/VT OT +950

Herm Edwards lost both of his two bowl game appearances by double digits. Really sucked it up in the postseason. But his team has gone 10-6 in the regular season, and only lost the six games by a margin of 2,3,7,7,7,7 points per game. In those 16 reg season games he went 8-0 leading at halftime but only 2-6 trailing/tied at the half..

Herm Edwards lost both of his two bowl game appearances by double digits. Really sucked it up in the postseason. But his team has gone 10-6 in the regular season, and only lost the six games by a margin of 2,3,7,7,7,7 points per game. In those 16 reg season games he went 8-0 leading at halftime but only 2-6 trailing/tied at the half..
Herm plays the game to win.

It'll be the shortest turnaround Herm has ever had to negotiate as head coach; a short week with only 5 days to rest, prepare and travel.. both teams coming in on short weeks tonight

Something wrong when u watching D2 football on Pluto TV. The only good thing about this game is a girl holding a sign saying "You can't spell ___SY without PU" hardcore chick represent the Idaho Bengals damn. Portland was running this weird, pre-snap motion where the WR would motion all the way behind the QB and he would never make it back to the LOS. It specifically resulted in more than one illegal formation penalties, including one that negated a 70-yard touchdown run. Shortly after that, after Idaho State failed an onside kick conversion (leading 20-0), a pass went directly through the hands of a Portland receiver, into the hands of the Idaho State safety for a pick-six. And that's when I stopped watching. :yucky:

With the home sideline in the shade and visitor's sideline in direct sunlight, they said the on-field temperature in Waco was 104 in the shade versus 145 degrees in the direct sunlight. And that's what home-field advantage is.

Cinci and Marshall are both off bye weeks. That's a CUSA home dog off a bye week - but the opponent was also coming off bye, and is kicking their ### 28-0 at halftime. With Western Kentucky you got the same thing - a short home dog off a bye week, but the visitor is on a normal week, having played last Saturday. Problem is Bill Clark ####### destroys the CUSA straight up and ATS, unless it's Mid-Tennessee, home AND away. But his games tend to go over when the opponent is super rested - so that's what I bought. Dude must be a good, super-aware coach. Because I love dogs and can't pull the trigger on WKY at all. Even with the huge rest discrepancy.

UAB o24½ -110
UAB/WKY o48 -103

Man I had Baylor +105 and bought ISU +4.5 -105. That field goal right there by the true freshman though! Dude's first career field goal :lol:

Titans play two road games versus the NFC every season. Since 2003 they're 20-12 SU and 22-8-2 ATS (avg line +3) at NFC ballparks. Vrabel is 4-0 versus the NFC; two as fave and two as dog. Based on scoring in those four games it looks like Vrabel made some good halftime adjustments, especially on defense: Titan defense allowed 34 points in the 1H versus only 19 in the 2H/OT of those four games combined. Additionally, they scored 33 points in the 1H versus 63 in the 2H/OT of those four games combined. But yeah, Titans have some good history at NFC parks, with a bit of recent success as well. Additionally, AFC 11-1 SU and 12-0 ATS (avg line +3) in the L12 games vs ATL.

Titans +3½ -110

Pat Shurmer is 1-6 in division play with the Giants. Their only division win was last season, a 40-16 blowout of the Redskins (+3). Just like today, the 'Skins were on a short week coming off the loss on MNF. Giants were leading 40-0 at the start of the 4Q in that game.

I like the idea of fading Pete Carroll when he sees Sean McVay on deck. Also like fading him when they only have 3 days to rest + recover for the next game. Today it's both of those.

Cardinals +210

277: Bengals TT O20.5 
259: Raiders/Colts O45
255: Redskins +3

[Ravens] L. Jackson O 238.5 passing Yds
[Patriots] S Michel O51.5 Rush Yds
[Lions] K Johnson O67.5 Rush Yds
[Chargers] K. Allen O102.5 Rec Yds

6 pt teasers

Chiefs -1/Denver/Jags U/43

Tampa +15/Seattle +1

Vikings +7/Chiefs -1

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissly Over 42.5
White Over 34.5 receiving yards
Jacobs over 67.5 rushing yards
Shepherd Over 62.5 Receiving Yards

Seattle/AZ over 42.5 - 115
Jags/Den U 37
Ten +3.5
Cle +7.5
Az +5.5

Teasers involving Balt, Washington, Mia, Indy, KC, Min

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wildly mediocre so far this football season.  I think every single thing I have posted in here has lost.  Staring that terrible streak in the face:

Stafford u 23.5/272.5

Dissly over 3.5/43.5

Fournette over 3.5 rec

Sutland over 3.5 rec

I have been wildly mediocre so far this football season.  I think every single thing I have posted in here has lost.  Staring that terrible streak in the face:

Stafford u 23.5/272.5

Dissly over 3.5/43.5

Fournette over 3.5 rec

Sutland over 3.5 rec
I like the Stafford call.  He was a late add to the injury report, and I think Detroit's only prayer of keeping this game competitive is to run the ball A LOT.

Frank Reich lost his first two home games as HC of the Colts and is undefeated at home ever since. He got 13 career wins: six wins by 3 or fewer and seven wins by 12+ points. He either beat you in a close game or blow you out by DD.. I think Oakland need 12 to cover today.

Users who are viewing this thread