What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (9 Viewers)

Taking all Kittle overs

O5.5 -190

O74.5 -135

O20.5 -130

Hes gonna score 3 tds also. Deebo 1st TD +1600

Probably gonna pull a hammy on the first play

After last night - In the L3 seasons, teams better than .700 have gone 18-3 O/U in the 3-day-rest-Thursday situation. Also, did y'all hear Aikman going on about that Garoppolo/Sanders connection? That's as emotional as you'll ever see Troy get - and I guarantee you he was holding back some tears. That timing route to the sideline used to be Aikman and Irvin's bread and butter! And Aikman even said, "You don't often see that anymore in the NFL." Well, that's what he meant. Because that used to be his patented move. He played it straight as an arrow, too, since he was on TV, but on the inside I guarantee you he was reliving the past. "It doesn't get any more beautiful than that," just says it all. The Cream still rises to the top boys. It rises over all the bad memories of Tony Romo, Jerry Jones, Barry Switzer, Leon Lett, Jimmy Jones.. nightmares we all had to endure over the years. Where my Cowboy fans at? Ya heard me? Forget about "Boys Will be Boys" or the "White House" or Barry Switzer attempting to carry a handgun through the airport. Forget about Nate Newton driving a brand-new Mazda Miata and just replace them with memories of the Aikman/Irvin timing route connection to the sideline. Shoot, I bet you Sanders wasn't even half as coked-up as Irvin probably.. damn it, bad memories again. You understand what I'm saying though!

In week one last season - On September 1, 2018, Appalachian State lost the first game of the season - a road game to Penn State (-24) 45-38 in overtime. Since then Appalachian State has gone 18-0 against every single team they've faced - except for Georgia Southern, the only team besides Penn State to beat them the L2 seasons. Georgia Southern has now beat them twice the L2 seasons, both times as double-digit dogs.

Greatings from Germany.

seems like the late betting action is moving against me.... but I’m sticking to my guns.  I think Navy absolutely hammers UCONN tonight.

I wasn't going to do NBA League Pass. Then I noticed they had an ad-free, season-long option. I absolutely abhor commercials. I think they are a bane. This one dude George Meyer, one of the most-celebrated writers of the Simpsons, expressed his disdain for the coarsening effect that advertising has had on his show. "As the commercial breaks got longer, we had to start recapping the plot at the top of Acts Two and Three, because you'd forget where you were in the story," Meyer said, "It's a conscienceless industry, populated by cowards and idiots, that warps and drains everyone, eggs on the worst in all of us, and if I could eliminate either advertising or nuclear weapons, I would choose advertising. People today are almost proud of their inability to focus; I see it as a crippling handicap. The future belongs to those who can think clearly and don't submit to the jittery rhythms of advertising." That basically sums it up for me, too, better than I ever could. So anyway, I dropped the $250 on the ad-free version. So far so good.

Oosthuizen is the most entertaining golfer to watch IMO. That guy's scorecard is so wild all the time and he is in/out of trouble all the time. Rory in the lead in shanghai and that annoys me. Not because I don't like him, but because I really think Im is going to make quite a run at this thing tonight and Rory is the only guy I think can hold him off. 

Anyway I am taking a chance on Im to come from behind here and win this. +2500, which will probably end up with him falling one short of Rory but me having false hope on the 14th ish before rory sinks a 25 footer. 

Also threw a bet on Brian Gay in bermuda at +3300 and mccarthy at +15000. 

Willing to admit a lot went right for the maze and blue that 1H.  Going to try and shoot a middle and buy some Terps +7.5 for half.

I wasn't going to do NBA League Pass. Then I noticed they had an ad-free, season-long option. I absolutely abhor commercials. I think they are a bane. This one dude George Meyer, one of the most-celebrated writers of the Simpsons, expressed his disdain for the coarsening effect that advertising has had on his show. "As the commercial breaks got longer, we had to start recapping the plot at the top of Acts Two and Three, because you'd forget where you were in the story," Meyer said, "It's a conscienceless industry, populated by cowards and idiots, that warps and drains everyone, eggs on the worst in all of us, and if I could eliminate either advertising or nuclear weapons, I would choose advertising. People today are almost proud of their inability to focus; I see it as a crippling handicap. The future belongs to those who can think clearly and don't submit to the jittery rhythms of advertising." That basically sums it up for me, too, better than I ever could. So anyway, I dropped the $250 on the ad-free version. So far so good.
Do you just hear the commentators chit chatting during commercial breaks?

Do you just hear the commentators chit chatting during commercial breaks?
When I was a kid and they first came out with satellite dishes, our family (my dad and I), had a receiver box that was rigged with all the codes so we got all the channels. Every month or so we had to drive out to some dude's ranch house in the middle of a literal cornfield to get it reprogrammed. Then we'd always go eat at Luby's Cafeteria before heading home. We got every channel, including Playboy and Spice. And when you watched sports games, like Dallas Cowboys football, there were no commercials. And during those "commercial breaks" it was just a single camera, out of focus, pointing at random things. But the commentators' audio was still live. So I know exactly what you mean. It was so dope and I felt like such a criminal. Especially when I would "accidentally" flip it to the Spice channel when my dad's girlfriend and I were watching TV in the den. We had a den. Our house was huge. Tennis court, swimming pool, horses, basketball goal on the tennis court. So, so dope.

However, to answer your question, during the commercial breaks in these ad-free NBA broadcasts, you'd be surprised at the amount of entertainment that occurs inside the gym between commercial breaks. Last night I watched a grown man hula hoop while simultaneously balancing on two coffee cans. There was also a contest in which two fans played a version of ticktacktoe that invloved completing layups. There are also prerecorded segments that play during the break as well, whenever they run out of daredevils balancing themselves on coffee cans.

Cheering for Diaz but shoveling as much money on Masvidal as possible.

Canelo by late ko 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oosthuizen is the most entertaining golfer to watch IMO. That guy's scorecard is so wild all the time and he is in/out of trouble all the time. Rory in the lead in shanghai and that annoys me. Not because I don't like him, but because I really think Im is going to make quite a run at this thing tonight and Rory is the only guy I think can hold him off. 

Anyway I am taking a chance on Im to come from behind here and win this. +2500, which will probably end up with him falling one short of Rory but me having false hope on the 14th ish before rory sinks a 25 footer. 

Also threw a bet on Brian Gay in bermuda at +3300 and mccarthy at +15000. 
I loathe Oost like few others, but always all ears for golf banter.

So last year philly first qtr was a good bet. This year it seems fading them might be the way to go. They are 1-4 so far. Just putting this here to see if this becomes a trend with some logic behind it. Reddick scored over 5pts per first qtr last year. Embiid's scoring is down in first qtr and simmons seems to be the one gettjng the increased usage, scoring 42% of his points in first qtr. 

one-sided sides
Pittsburgh sticks out like a sore thumb. Teams have mashed against the Colts when Hilton doesn't get his catches. Looks like he will receive a guaranteed ZERO in the catch column today. And the huge majority are backing the Colts. Pittsburgh is the play. SBR isn't even listing the consensus numbers on that game - the only game they're not showing numbers on. It's a mystery. Steelers all day.

Users who are viewing this thread