What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (8 Viewers)

Big Ben sitting in front row at WV/KU with his HOOOTTT gf.  Ben looks like he weighs in at about 395 lbs these days.  15 lbs of that is beard.

Anyone have any thoughts on the masters?

i already have Finau and Fleetwood at 30-1.
I’m gonna back Jon Rahm again.  One of these years he’s going to win for me.  Ive also been betting Snedeker for like 10 years.  I can’t quit because I know once I do that ####er is gonna win at like 60-1

Any early leans on the 2020 MLB Home Run leader?

Pete Alonso hits in a very HR friendly park and he went nuts as a rookie (53 HR).  Sophomore slump or improvement in 2nd year?

Bellinger is the real deal and hits in a stacked LA line-up.  I think his HR uptick last year will regress a little in 2020 (47 in 2019 and 25 in 2018).

Trout is always mister consistent.  He's pretty much a lock for over 30 homers but does he have 50 HR potential?

Judge is a beast but he's missed games the last two years.  If you told me he was guaranteed to be healthy all year, whoa nelly....

Hoskins could be a sneaky dark horse.  I'm a Philly homer and biased, but he's got power.  Even though he kinda sucked last year, he still has 81 homers in 1298 at bats over the past three years.  Could be worth a flyer.

Any early leans on the 2020 MLB Home Run leader?

Pete Alonso hits in a very HR friendly park and he went nuts as a rookie (53 HR).  Sophomore slump or improvement in 2nd year?

Bellinger is the real deal and hits in a stacked LA line-up.  I think his HR uptick last year will regress a little in 2020 (47 in 2019 and 25 in 2018).

Trout is always mister consistent.  He's pretty much a lock for over 30 homers but does he have 50 HR potential?

Judge is a beast but he's missed games the last two years.  If you told me he was guaranteed to be healthy all year, whoa nelly....

Hoskins could be a sneaky dark horse.  I'm a Philly homer and biased, but he's got power.  Even though he kinda sucked last year, he still has 81 homers in 1298 at bats over the past three years.  Could be worth a flyer.
Eloy Jimenez 

I got Cruz and Reyes at 50-1

Gonna need a guy that will have an ISO > .300

Reyes had big HR/AB in SD and I want to see Cruz get 600+ PA 

i want no part of the chalk 

Anyone have any thoughts on the masters?

i already have Finau and Fleetwood at 30-1.
Not bad thoughts given their odds, but your backing two guys who have exactly 1 PGA win combined.   I know Fleetwood has some wins on the European tour and has done well in the US and Open lately, but neither guy instills a  lot of confidence.  Finau needs another victory badly.  

Any possible value on underdog Dwight Howard +450 to win slam dunk contest?

Past champ 11 years ago

Old vet in a young mans contest

Laker (kobe effect, in a weekend where 8/24/kobe/lakers will be all over the place)

?

comfortably numb said:
Any possible value on underdog Dwight Howard +450 to win slam dunk contest?

Past champ 11 years ago

Old vet in a young mans contest

Laker (kobe effect, in a weekend where 8/24/kobe/lakers will be all over the place)

?
I just grabbed him at +600 just for this reason and to make it fun

Via the almighty Faust in the shark pool:

Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.

Fitzgerald Sr. doesn't have an extensive track record of breaking news, but he's a longtime member in the sports media world, based out of Minnesota. He's not the type of person to just throw something against the wall. The Raiders have been linked to Brady multiple times since the end of the Patriots' season, with coach Jon Gruden and owner Mark Davis looking to make a splash as the team embarks on Las Vegas. Brady would certainly qualify. It will likely take serious money to lure Brady away from Foxboro. This offer would qualify as such. The Brady free agency should be fascinating.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Larry Fitzgerald Sr. on Twitter

Via the almighty Faust in the shark pool:

Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.

Fitzgerald Sr. doesn't have an extensive track record of breaking news, but he's a longtime member in the sports media world, based out of Minnesota. He's not the type of person to just throw something against the wall. The Raiders have been linked to Brady multiple times since the end of the Patriots' season, with coach Jon Gruden and owner Mark Davis looking to make a splash as the team embarks on Las Vegas. Brady would certainly qualify. It will likely take serious money to lure Brady away from Foxboro. This offer would qualify as such. The Brady free agency should be fascinating.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Larry Fitzgerald Sr. on Twitter
Purely from a business standpoint, this move makes no sense to me.  Vegas needs no help filling the stadium, even if they have Carr for the next 2 years.  I know Chucky likes the steady vet, but I'd think he's smarter than Brady at 43 for $30 mil/ for 2 years.  I'd think Cam or Phil are more likely.  So Brady will probably sign at 12:01 on the 1st day of FA.

I know nothing about betting on boxing but I want to bet something on the Wilder Fury fight.

Can I ride some coattails peas?

I have a super square college card today, so tail with caution.

Minnesota -4 

Tricky spot for Iowa which has a really shallow bench due to injuries and hasn't played well on the road.  Minny is great at home.  2 units

SDSU -5 

Efficiency metrics have this as SDSU -11, Boise is good at home but I think Boise is getting too much credit for homecourt as SDSU has actually been even better on the road.  Some sharps are on Boise, but I've won too much money on the Aztecs so I'll take the short favorite. 2 units

Michigan -7.5 

Michigan has been a different team since getting Livers back and Indiana is not in their class and has struggled for the past month.  This is a very square play and with the number up to 8.5 I'd stay away.  I like this bet the least. 1 unit

Villanova -6

Road favorites  make us all nervous and Temple has been a bit Jekyll and Hyde.  If good Temple shows up they could win outright, but Nova has been playing well and Temple hasn't.  Efficiency metrics HEAVILY favor Nova.   1 unit.

UCONN -4

Public is all over brand name Memphis getting 4, but UCONN has been playing more consistent.   Memphis not good on the road...give me the home favorite.  1 unit

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread