Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

5 hours ago, hooter311 said:

I saw somewhere was offering any hole scored from off the green prop for like +205.  I'd bet that if I could find where its at.

Winner on TB’s only good swing in 7 holes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Tahitian Facemask said:

Winner on TB’s only good swing in 7 holes.

I just saw that shot, pretty incredible golf shot from an amateur.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:26 AM, facook said:

I read that the first 9 are best ball, while the second 9 are alternate shot.  I played Tiger/Manning to win the first 9 -160 on the basis that Tiger is better than Phil.  If there is a handicap involved for the amateurs I might have made a dumb bet but at the time I read about the match I hadn't seen that anywhere.

A win is a win, even if Manning carried them.  :lmao: 

I stayed away from all internet/social media during this event.  It might have gotten lambasted.   It might have gotten praised.  I don't care.  I LOVED IT.  Do it every Sunday from now till sports.  Was a ton of fun.  Brady was even fun, and I thought he'd be the dud.  Great Sunday afternoon.

Posted (edited)

Elliott makes top 3 after the restart.   whew.

Edited by -fish-
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

gosh darn it.   

Followed by, on every 5th hole, 3 different dumps of his self-cursing.

11 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Unfortunately, Truex didn't fare so well after making the same dumb decision.  Dumb race. 

11 hours ago, regularguy said:

Treading lightly, but I played Truex o Harvick also as well as -110 o Kyle Busch.  I'm also on Jimmie +102 o Byron and -149 o Bowyer.  Hoping for some overreactions to qualifying once odds are back up. 

Oh no, did they re-grade Jimmie?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, facook said:

A win is a win, even if Manning carried them.  :lmao: 

I stayed away from all internet/social media during this event.  It might have gotten lambasted.   It might have gotten praised.  I don't care.  I LOVED IT.  Do it every Sunday from now till sports.  Was a ton of fun.  Brady was even fun, and I thought he'd be the dud.  Great Sunday afternoon.

It was awesome. I'm not sure they should stop there.  Tiger and Phil playing with out of season or retired sports stars once a week would get great ratings, I'd think. Heck, even without Tiger and Phil, there would still be some great ratings.

If next Sunday had a PGA event scheduled in the same time slot up against a mic'ed up foursome of Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, and Drew Brees. Which event gets better ratings?

Golf could very well be the one sport where it's more interesting to watch non-professionals. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -fish- said:

So frustrating last night. Had Elliott to win and Johnson top three and that junk had to happen. 😡

1 hour ago, swirvenirvin said:

anything to bet one today?

Number of NASCAR races before @regularguy is back wagering on turning left.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Churchill 

$1 P4 (races 4-7)

7,9,12/5,6,7,8/4/2,4,6

$36

Edited by otb_lifer

Looking through FanDuel in PA, you can tease right now all week 1&2 games, which is nice. Nicer potentially is they have lines for all 16 games for Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, Colts, Bucs and Broncos, as well as all TNF, SNF, and MNF for the entire season. These can also all be teased.

I’m overwhelmed thinking about how to enter all the Wong permutations, with lots lined in the window so far out. Anyone ever done this on advanced lines?

2 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

:lmao: :bag:  I really need baseball to get started so I can resist the temptation to bet on UFC and Nascar. Pulling for the local boy, Elliott, sure didn't help my racing frustration this past week either, betting aside. 

51 minutes ago, mquinnjr said:

Looking through FanDuel in PA, you can tease right now all week 1&2 games, which is nice. Nicer potentially is they have lines for all 16 games for Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers, Colts, Bucs and Broncos, as well as all TNF, SNF, and MNF for the entire season. These can also all be teased.

I’m overwhelmed thinking about how to enter all the Wong permutations, with lots lined in the window so far out. Anyone ever done this on advanced lines?

I would not recommend wong'ing advanced lines, Wong is based on sharp market lines.

• Like 3

YouTube Recap. Did you see Brady sink that 8 iron from distance. I was unsure I still enjoyed sports until that ####.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Brady with the waterproof garments strong also while Peyton donned 100% cotton pink

1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

YouTube Recap. Did you see Brady sink that 8 iron from distance. I was unsure I still enjoyed sports until that ####.

Phil chattering away on the tee box about how he had to activate the cavs, put the pedal down, and bomb away...while Tiger looked at the camera and said, "Yes ladies and gentleman, this is what it is like every time we play together" was gold.  I'd watch every weekend.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Ok I'm done with NASCAR

Oh, was there a race tonight?  ;)

Seriously, didn't watch it, but glad to now see Elliott won.  Better luck next time or join me on the sidelines. :suds: 

I'll post it here first.....Burns +155 over Woodley.

I give Burns a 70% chance at winning this fight.  Style and skill are most irrelevant, I would be astonished if Woodley shows up mentally and physically ready to perform.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

I'll post it here first.....Burns +155 over Woodley.

I give Burns a 70% chance at winning this fight.  Style and skill are most irrelevant, I would be astonished if Woodley shows up mentally and physically ready to perform.

+180 on FanDuel FYI under “odds boost”

• Like 1

🐴 Tampa Bay Dowwwns 🐴

.50 Early P4 (races 2-5): 2,3,8/1,7,8/5,10/4,5,8 = $27

.50 Late P4 (races 6-9): 1,4,8,9/1,3,4,10/4,5/1,9 = $32

Race 3: $1 tri - 1 over 4,5,7,8,9/4,5,7,8,9 = $20 (hot on that #1 horse ShanghaiSweetheart, bigly ... Gulfstream shipper dropping in class - anything over post time 3-1 merits a hefty W wager).

Either I have some minor brain damage or the democratic vp nomination is the softest future market I've ever seen.  

I have Harris and Warren completely crossed off.  Whitmer has made her stand and is entrenched in Michigan.  Minnesota fiasco has all but eliminated klobuchar.  Rice also covered in mud.  Abrams attempt to strong arm herself into candidacy was a giant swing and a miss.

Demings at anything over 4-1 is +ev imo

I would say at this point it's 80% chance of being one of Demmings, Matso, Grisham, or Bottoms in that order.

The conspiracy theorist in me wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being Hilary or Michelle.

I also seem to be the one person on the planet to think Baldwin also makes sense.  Her nomination would be the biggest single score of my life.

I apparently missed whatever happened to matso.  

This might be a 2 horse race between Demings and Grisham.

2 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

🐴 Tampa Bay Dowwwns 🐴

Race 3: $1 tri - 1 over 4,5,7,8,9/4,5,7,8,9 = $20 (hot on that #1 horse ShanghaiSweetheart, bigly ... Gulfstream shipper dropping in class - anything over post time 3-1 merits a hefty W wager).

... #1 bet down to 9/5, and the 2  horses i leave uncovered round the tri :lol: ... at least the P4 is halfway home - 6/1 took the first leg, 9/5 took the second. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Either I have some minor brain damage or the democratic vp nomination is the softest future market I've ever seen.  

I have Harris and Warren completely crossed off.  Whitmer has made her stand and is entrenched in Michigan.  Minnesota fiasco has all but eliminated klobuchar.  Rice also covered in mud.  Abrams attempt to strong arm herself into candidacy was a giant swing and a miss.

Demings at anything over 4-1 is +ev imo

I would say at this point it's 80% chance of being one of Demmings, Matso, Grisham, or Bottoms in that order.

The conspiracy theorist in me wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up being Hilary or Michelle.

I also seem to be the one person on the planet to think Baldwin also makes sense.  Her nomination would be the biggest single score of my life.

I don't think this should alter your thought process in any way, but I read the Obama autobiography earlier this year and I think it is crystal clear that Michelle Obama has NO interest at all in returning to the this realm of politics.  She spent a LOT of the book recounting how little she liked living that life - she likes having the freedom to do as she pleases and not be walled in.  

• Love 1

2 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

🐴 Tampa Bay Dowwwns 🐴

dunno how that #10 held on in the third leg, looked like the #6 nipped him at the wire :shrug: ####in' Tampa 🤓

we're alive in the final leg (race 5) to the #4 ($617), #5 ($440), #8 ($424)

:popcorn:

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

dunno how that #10 held on in the third leg, looked like the #6 nipped him at the wire :shrug: ####in' Tampa 🤓

we're alive in the final leg (race 5) to the #4 ($617), #5 ($440), #8 ($424)

:popcorn:

#4 boots it home for the biggest $$$ of the three!  ($617.24) :headbang:

hope somebody was along for the ride here :hifive:

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Congrats! First time checking the thread today, wish it wasn't

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Congrats! First time checking the thread today, wish it wasn't

thanks, man ... only regret (cuz there is always one, can never be "satisfied") is not singling the #1 in the second race, therefore playing the ticket for $1 ($1,234)

it always happens 😁

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I don't think this should alter your thought process in any way, but I read the Obama autobiography earlier this year and I think it is crystal clear that Michelle Obama has NO interest at all in returning to the this realm of politics.  She spent a LOT of the book recounting how little she liked living that life - she likes having the freedom to do as she pleases and not be walled in.  

Always appreciate the input!  That was pretty much the conclusion I've came to myself.  I do think the job is hers if she has a change of heart, but I really don't think she wants the position either.

Wasn't along for the ride, no pun intended, but awesome hit!

:tebow:

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, lumpy19 said:

####  I didn't realize Bristol was coming up this weekend. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

Nice!  The one day I wasn't betting horses....

You were due, man.  

• Thanks 1

I like this future parlay prop on FoxBet: Mahomes MVP +375, Young DROTY +300 Burrow OROTY +250 parlayed to +6600

7 hours ago, -fish- said:

Nice!  The one day I wasn't betting horses....

You were due, man.  

whaddya trying to say, fish?

that i suck otherwise?

:D

thanks, man! - (still wish i singled that ####in' #1 horse in race 3)

:wall:

My local poker game with friends has transitioned to the Pokerrrr 2 app and we just swap money using venmo/paypal.  It's been an awesome distraction from the mess of the world and it's introduced some new people into our games.  With my group of friends it's a $20  buy in and a big winner would be $100, it's more about the social aspect, but some of the new guys that have been introduced are much bigger players, a few of them have 7 figure bank accounts.  I've been in a few games with thousands of dollars flying around and it sure has rejuvenated my interest in poker.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

Live in NC so FanDuel/Draftkings aren’t available. What are my options to place a bet or 10?

try BetAmerica ... just be mindful of the 6x rollover bonus juice 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

My local poker game with friends has transitioned to the Pokerrrr 2 app and we just swap money using venmo/paypal.  It's been an awesome distraction from the mess of the world and it's introduced some new people into our games.  With my group of friends it's a $20  buy in and a big winner would be $100, it's more about the social aspect, but some of the new guys that have been introduced are much bigger players, a few of them have 7 figure bank accounts.  I've been in a few games with thousands of dollars flying around and it sure has rejuvenated my interest in poker.

I’ve been playing on there with @swirvenirvin I’ve won a few bucks from him and his buddies

Looks like 2 wins, 3 2nds and a 3rd out of 10 games...lots of early exits too

also been playing on PPPoker with another group of friends.  

for awhile I was playing like 4 nights a week, have started to lose interest though but will probably keep playing

missed that last few Swirve games though because they decide to start playing at midnight 

trying to find what Clemens' moneyline was in this 1986 WS game..