Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

Pea#### was lined at pretty good plus-money on o5½ strikeouts. Just logged 3 in the top of the 1st inning versus Boston. Also ESPN Daily Notes ranked Red Sox 9 out of 10 on stolen base potential. Already logged 1 stolen base in their first frame. Also no way in hell this game goes over the total :bag:

Rangers rank 5th in the MLB in runs per game this month. And they're pretty hot right now winning 8 of their L9 games..

Holy ####! David Price is taken out of the game! Bullpen game the rest of the way. Woah.

21 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

Rangers rank 5th in the MLB in runs per game this month. And they're pretty hot right now winning 8 of their L9 games..

I already played them vs Skaggs.  He is garbage.

Let's say you're holding a Toronto +5000 to win the ship. What do you do

11 hours ago, jamil said:

@lumpy19 would tell you to hedge. 

Depends, IMHO. 1) You wait until Tor is facing an elimination game  2) You bet GS for the series now 3) With games 1 and 2 in Tor, hope Tor wins game 1 ( or games 1 and 2) and then you get a better number of GS.  I would talk myself in scenario #3,  GS would be available at better odds and then I would pass cause' I am winning the series, and then I would watch GS win 4 straight. Luckily for you I do not have any action on the series outcome... yet!

Faves vs M's this season 27-13 SU and 26-13-1 O/U with 6 rpg (left-handed faves 9-3 SU and O/U with 7 rpg). A's seeing Leake for the second time this season..

Athletics -1 -108
Athletics Over 5½ +120
Mariners/Athletics o9½ +100

Cards 9-11 SU in Jack Flaherty home starts (9-0 SU scoring 5+ runs, winning by 4±2 rpg). When Cards scored less than 5 runs: 0-11 SU losing by 5±3 rpg.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, Angry Beavers said:

raptors and under 2night

cle under

bal/col over

3-0

• Like 1

when I was your age we used to bet the under on Freeland games

SF looking at a day off 6-2 SU this season (6-0 SU L6). sdql

it's like the opposing team gets tired of beating the #### out of them and lets off the gas in the last game of the series. my bad

D-Backs 9-13 SU versus division this season:
G1+G2: 8-6 SU
G3+G4: 1-7 SU

5 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:
16 hours ago, jamil said:

@lumpy19 would tell you to hedge. 

Depends, IMHO. 1) You wait until Tor is facing an elimination game  2) You bet GS for the series now 3) With games 1 and 2 in Tor, hope Tor wins game 1 ( or games 1 and 2) and then you get a better number of GS.  I would talk myself in scenario #3,  GS would be available at better odds and then I would pass cause' I am winning the series, and then I would watch GS win 4 straight. Luckily for you I do not have any action on the series outcome... yet!

• Like 1

EFL championship playoff final.

Basically, the championship game for the minor leagues. Winner gets a spot in the Premier league next season.

Villa beat Derby 3-0 and 4-0 during the season.

o2.5 -106 seems like the no brainer but you have to go back to the 2012 final to get a game to go o2.5 in this final.  

These games are usually played extremely tight. Early goals or red cards typically blow the game open....or they're due for an over and we get 3 goals by HT.

U2.5 -124

Marlins +.5 F5 +160.  +270 full game

Dodgers -1

Col/AZ over .5 first inning

Holliday chalk parlay

NHL [2] BRUINS (BOS) -150 

May 27MLB [902] NATIONALS (WAS) -296 [Action]

May 27MLB [904] 1REDS (CIN) GM-1 -205 [Action]

May 27MLB [912] RAYS (TB) -178 

3 hours ago, facook said:

Marlins +.5 F5 +160.  +270 full game

Dodgers -1

Col/AZ over .5 first inning

On a nice roll here.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, jamil said:

you should hedge, Toronto sucks

3 hours ago, lumpy19 said:
On 5/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, jamil said:

you should hedge, Toronto sucks

The end of an era.

• Like 2

this will be Dodgers' second night back from 8-game east coast road trip. also will be the Mets' second night on the west coast after spending the L3 weeks in the eastern time zone..

On 5/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, lumpy19 said:

👍

Most people I've worked with would probably be surprised to know I was "into sports".  Always been able to keep it compartmentalized amazingly well.

No sense talking shop to someone who doesn't gamble, outside of a public perception "mush report" while acting like a dummy.  

On 5/25/2019 at 10:49 PM, jamil said:

Hedge to win 10u at -280

+22u Toronto

+10u Golden state

I'd use that as a baseline and adjust if necessary based on confidence.  

8 minutes ago, The Ref said:

@Good Posting Judge

little birdy told me Ruiz at +1300 is more of a live dog than that price.  Thoughts?

I have irrational man-love for Ruiz. He looks like a fat piece of ####, but he's got incredibly quick hands and a good chin. And if it were Wilder at +1300, I'd be mashing the button because I think he'd give DW hell. Ruiz's one loss was a disputable decision, and if he were unbeaten I'm absolutely certain those odds would be shaved down.

But Joshua's a smart fighter, and he's mobile enough to just stick-and-move with his jab (8" reach advantage) and not get into the trenches with Ruiz. And Joshua doesn't have the fight-stopping power of a Wilder, but he's very precise when it's time to put someone away. I think the play here is Joshua on points 6/1.

• Like 2

Yankees -186

and also live top of the 1st inning +185

Edited by ChainsawU

NYY 17-4 SU when their starter comes in on 4 days rest (1st MLB).

LAD 19-4 SU when their starter comes in on 5 days rest (1st MLB).

Nats in G1 have been the most-profitable fade of the season (14-3 SU +$1,426).
Red Sox G3 most-profitable to wager so far this season (12-1 SU and 12-0 SU L12).

Opposing teams 6-1 SU (avg line -107) against Atlanta when the Braves had a day off yesterday, with a combined 90 runs scored in those seven games (13±3 rpg).

Nats o4½ +110
Nats/Braves o10 +145

Ed Miller's new book about sports betting is very good so far, about 1/4 of the way through. Nothing tremendously earth-shaking, but it's very solid. $10 on Kindle!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Ed Miller's new book about sports betting is very good so far, about 1/4 of the way through. Nothing tremendously earth-shaking, but it's very solid. $10 on Kindle!

As in you're learning new things, or it's confirming stuff you already know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, facook said:

As in you're learning new things, or it's confirming stuff you already know?

Mostly confirming/reinforcing. Lot of arguments for early/obscure-market betting.

• Like 1

hbo ain't right for making that chernobyl ####. there's no way it's remotely historically accurate, especially on a historical level, and I think it's irresponsible. it should be in russian and english subtitled, for starters. just gross bro. sickening

if you bought a share of the company I started, better sell. ####'s about to be worth zero in a month.

also broke up with booty woman, removed her key and gate access. hell of a day. embrace your day. because it may change overnight. ask me if I'm going to survive. the answer is yes. and I'm excited despite being sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

also broke up with booty woman, removed her key and gate access. hell of a day. embrace your day. because it may change overnight. ask me if I'm going to survive. the answer is yes. and I'm excited despite being sad.

Dam. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

9 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

His column in Card Player the past couple months has been about sports betting too.

12 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

good interview on recent bet the process podcast as well

5 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

hbo ain't right for making that chernobyl ####. there's no way it's remotely historically accurate, especially on a historical level, and I think it's irresponsible. it should be in russian and english subtitled, for starters. just gross bro. sickening

Completely disagree.  Read through the Chernobyl thread, might alter your thinking. Also it’s the best thing on tv by a long shot.