Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

46 minutes ago, facook said:

All good bro.  We're all always learning in this endeavor.

How's gamehunter been doing?  I tailed him for a while a few years back and just treaded water.

He's doing decent. He tweeted his ytd record a couple of days ago. Up around 7 units, doing much better on sides than totals so far. 

22 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

who's your favorite team right now, have you noticed anything different this season, etc.. also do you watch the actual games (should've been my first question)

Watch baseball?  :lmao:. I don't have any good answers for you. I'm just trying not to lose too much while covering my strikeout props.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, regularguy said:

Watch baseball?  :lmao:. I don't have any good answers for you. I'm just trying not to lose too much while covering my strikeout props.

Umm...if those are winning...post 'em, homie.

• Like 1

Stroman has no history versus any of the Rockies as individual batters and no history versus the team in general. And no history at Coors. What kind of pitches does he throw? Sinker? Do sinkers sink at Coors?

On 5/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, Good Posting Judge said:

I have irrational man-love for Ruiz. He looks like a fat piece of ####, but he's got incredibly quick hands and a good chin. And if it were Wilder at +1300, I'd be mashing the button because I think he'd give DW hell. Ruiz's one loss was a disputable decision, and if he were unbeaten I'm absolutely certain those odds would be shaved down.

But Joshua's a smart fighter, and he's mobile enough to just stick-and-move with his jab (8" reach advantage) and not get into the trenches with Ruiz. And Joshua doesn't have the fight-stopping power of a Wilder, but he's very precise when it's time to put someone away. I think the play here is Joshua on points 6/1.

HFS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Good Posting Judge said:

HFS

Wow.  Went looking for it on TV after seeing where he knocked Joshua down early.  Needless to say, I didn't find DAZN or wtf that is.  :wall: 

On 5/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, The Ref said:

@Good Posting Judge

little birdy told me Ruiz at +1300 is more of a live dog than that price.  Thoughts?

:bowtie:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, The Ref said:

:bowtie:

Dude's legit. Lotta fat guy/Gabriel Iglesias/burrito jokes on Twitter right now, but his hands are no joke.

• Like 1

KBO going off in a bit:

Kiwoom Heroes -135 5 IP (full game ok)

Samsung/Lotte o 10 even

Hanwha +192

Fading the Reds in day games has netted the most profit at 18-7 SU +$1,108. However, fading the Nats has been the most-profitable fade overall at 33-25 SU +$1,281 and Scherzer has been the most-profitable starter to fade at 10-2 SU +$1,265. If you look at it, only fading Scherzer has been almost as profitable as fading the Nats entire season.

Since he been a Dodger Rich Hill 12-2-2 O/U in the last game of the series and 7-0 O/U at home in the last game of the series.

15 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

M's 40-18-2 O/U this season (1st MLB)

16-4 O/U day

Fading Logano with the following in order of preference

Keselowski -175
Harvick -175
Truex -130

On 5/31/2019 at 4:35 PM, facook said:

Holy crap dude.  That's awesome.  I can't believe you won on an online "slot".  :) 

I've hit 3k twice years back playing $15 a spin on 5d.

If there was a way for them to rig it, I'd have to believe they would have tried to get some back from me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, regularguy said:

And BOL seems stuck at just 2 matchups so far 

These seems ridiculous.

Don't follow Nascar anymore.  All my guys on the inside moved on.  Probably been 3 years since I've watched a race.

Please don't tell me if Chase ever started winning.....saving that stat check for my deathbed.

Omg.  How hard is Wilder going to land on Ruiz?

2 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

These seems ridiculous.

Don't follow Nascar anymore.  All my guys on the inside moved on.  Probably been 3 years since I've watched a race.

Please don't tell me if Chase ever started winning.....saving that stat check for my deathbed.

:lmao:  Chase owes us for being too far ahead of the curve on him.  I don't mind the stage racing, but there just aren't enough 'natural' cautions these days to shake things up in the race.  Clean air is still king at most races.  Not as entertaining as it used to be.

Just now, regularguy said:

:lmao:  Chase owes us for being too far ahead of the curve on him.  I don't mind the stage racing, but there just aren't enough 'natural' cautions these days to shake things up in the race.  Clean air is still king at most races.  Not as entertaining as it used to be.

Stages ruined it for me.  I lost all enjoyment at that point for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, regularguy said:

And BOL seems stuck at just 2 matchups so far 

finally, they release these later than nfl props now

Played keselowski and kyle over truex

Edited by lumpy19
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Omg.  How hard is Wilder going to land on Ruiz?

I would favor Wilder, but Ruiz could give him absolute hell. The blueprint to beat Ruiz is to keep him at bay with a jab, up and down, and keep moving laterally. Ruiz knows what he is, and he's absolutely never in a hurry, because he conserves his energy well.

Wilder stays on the line. He doesn't pick away, or stick and move, or really ever go to the body (although he did much more against Fury, although I suspect that's because Fury's head was such an elusive target) his jab is solely a measuring tool, or to clear the brush to fire the straight right. That's his whole gameplan, which is usually a good one. Ruiz keeps his hands high, he's very defensively responsible, and his counters are, obviously, considerable. And he's got a chin. Not saying he can't be ko'ed, but he can take a shot, and he's cool under fire.

• Like 1

Keselowski -175
Harvick -175
Truex -130

In

• Like 1

Keselowski -175
Harvick -175
Truex -130

I prefer Harvick, but these are all so obvious, what could go wrong?  😂

• Like 1

Just now, lumpy19 said:

What happened to harvick?

Uncontrolled tire penalty and then his steering case or something that like that broke. 

• Like 1

need a new alligator clamp in there next to the johnson rod. they can make up anything that's why it's good to have a mechanic you can trust

Bought the over in LA earlier. Bought it down to o8 -155. Just left the house and ran one errand when the Dodgers went up 1-0 after the 7th. I was pretty mad when I left. Just got back :lol:

• Like 1

Bought the Mets series with you. Almost hedged halfway thru last night on Zona +3½ (or whatever they were offering live on the spread). Then the Mets had to allow 4 runs in the 8th.

1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

whats up on the nba

The Plays to Fade: GS +2 and Toronto Under 108 (figuring FVV, Gasol, and Siakum all regress tonight.....I'm usually wrong).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, facook said:

The Plays to Fade: GS +2 and Toronto Under 108 (figuring FVV, Gasol, and Siakum all regress tonight.....I'm usually wrong).

GAWD I'm a mush.

o54 3Q +135

thought it was 10 points too low last game, might as well roll that same angle into tonight.. let's see 61 in the 3Q

22 hours ago, facook said:

GS +2 and Toronto Under 108

swish nothing but net play boi

• Thanks 1

I feel like they should've at least given us a CFL game to bet on today.

• Like 1

I know that Astros have mashed the most in G1 the L2 seasons, especially away, and especially against left-handed starters. I know that without even looking it up. Knew I'd see a 5 on their team total - especially versus Seattle, the team with the most errors and the most overs - but was wishing for an o5 +110 or something. Instead I'm being offered a juiced 5½ on the over. Probably will still buy it. Full nine innings to cash, all those reasons I just named, and nothing else is on. Literally the only game in town. Nothing bad ever happened betting the only game in town.

3 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

I feel like they should've at least given us a CFL game to bet on today.

There is wimmen's college softball at 7:30 EST

5 minutes ago, ChainsawU said:

Astros have mashed the most against left-handed starters

they had LeBlanc penciled in yesterday, looks like Seattle gonna use an opener and LeBlanc take the mound after a few innings..

Yo. I get promotional emails from Etsy. I shop there a lot. The latest promos are gifts for fathers day. If your family sucks at gift giving. Just ask them to Google fathers day gifts on Etsy. A lot of the stuff is hand made, and during a quick browse just now I saw some worthwhile stuff that not only doesn't suck, but was actually pretty cool. Help them help you.

Bruins have been the strongest playoff team.

• 13-0 SU when they score 3+ goals (1-6 SU scoring fewer than 3 goals)
  • 13-1 SU when they score a goal in the 3P (1-5 SU not scoring in the 3P)

1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

but was wishing for an o5 +110 or something. Instead I'm being offered a juiced 5½

I guess someone (someone smarter than me -500*) liked the under. Astros have also been getting cheaper, too. Gonna stay away from the ML tho.

Astros o5½ +115

Edited by ChainsawU
*after the lineup came out too