What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (8 Viewers)

Here's a good one.

https://tinyurl.com/y8vgrgbj

Was submitting bets at exactly 6:00, had a full cart, 14 bets, timed out by literally 10 seconds.  Went on live chat, then messaged multiple betonline twitter accounts asking them to re-open betting since the race was in a rain delay and not supposed to go green until 8:00.  No response.  Ended up crushing the matchups, hit the "Perfect Trifecta" in the contest, but didn't meet the $10 bet requirement (or get the $5k free play), got exactly $0 to show for it at sbet.  😷

Here's a good one.

https://tinyurl.com/y8vgrgfbj

Was submitting bets at exactly 6:00, had a full cart, 14 bets, timed out by literally 10 seconds.  Went on live chat, then messaged multiple betonline twitter accounts asking them to re-open betting since the race was in a rain delay and not supposed to go green until 8:00.  No response.  Ended up crushing the matchups, hit the "Perfect Trifecta" in the contest, but didn't meet the $10 bet requirement (or get the $5k free play), got exactly $0 to show for it at sbet.  😷
This would take me 9 weeks to mentally recover from.

Dober

Moises

Lins/Azure parlay
Still can't believe Azure let down in that spot.  Kelleher has been telegraphing for weeks on twitter he was out of shape with nobody to train with while Azure had the increased focus of Cejudo's camp.

Dober is becoming one of my favorite fighters, he really isn't that far behind his training partner Gaethje but has stayed completely off the radar.

any leans on the Manning/Brady/Tiger/Phil golf on Sunday?
Manning and Tiger are the rightful favorites, IMHO. Manning is supposedly a couple of strokes better than Brady and has more time to play. Not sure I want to lay juice on it however.  I might just take the 2-1 dog ( Brady and Phil) figuring it is probably closer to a coin toss  than I realize.  :shrug:

Angry Beavers said:
Tiger Fan said:
any leans on the Manning/Brady/Tiger/Phil golf on Sunday?
Manning and Tiger are the rightful favorites, IMHO. Manning is supposedly a couple of strokes better than Brady and has more time to play. Not sure I want to lay juice on it however.  I might just take the 2-1 dog ( Brady and Phil) figuring it is probably closer to a coin toss  than I realize.
I read that the first 9 are best ball, while the second 9 are alternate shot.  I played Tiger/Manning to win the first 9 -160 on the basis that Tiger is better than Phil.  If there is a handicap involved for the amateurs I might have made a dumb bet but at the time I read about the match I hadn't seen that anywhere.

I read that the first 9 are best ball, while the second 9 are alternate shot.  I played Tiger/Manning to win the first 9 -160 on the basis that Tiger is better than Phil.  If there is a handicap involved for the amateurs I might have made a dumb bet but at the time I read about the match I hadn't seen that anywhere.
https://www.actionnetwork.com/golf/tiger-vs-phil-ii-match-peyton-manning-tom-brady-format-rules

Manning and Brady will receive pops on holes 3, 6 and 8 at Medalist GC, host venue for this match. That would be one par-5, one par-4 and one par-3 – and not necessarily the holes where they’d usually receive ‘em, as these three are listed as the seventh-, fifth- and 13th-handicapped holes on the course. Of course, they’ll also play tees further up than the tips, where their partners will tee off. 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/golf/tiger-vs-phil-ii-match-peyton-manning-tom-brady-format-rules

Manning and Brady will receive pops on holes 3, 6 and 8 at Medalist GC, host venue for this match. That would be one par-5, one par-4 and one par-3 – and not necessarily the holes where they’d usually receive ‘em, as these three are listed as the seventh-, fifth- and 13th-handicapped holes on the course. Of course, they’ll also play tees further up than the tips, where their partners will tee off. 
That works, I like my bet more now.  Same handicap for Manning and Brady.  On paper it's a clear advantage for the faves. 

🐴 Gulfstream 🐴

race 2

.50 tri-key box

8 w 1,3,6,9,11

$30

ETA: wrong ####in track, this is for Gulfstream, not TB

Last edited by a moderator:
That works, I like my bet more now.  Same handicap for Manning and Brady.  On paper it's a clear advantage for the faves. 
Personally throwing out everything on paper and backing Phil and the goat.  When it comes to a friendly day of degenerate gambling on the course Phil is always +ev.   

Personally throwing out everything on paper and backing Phil and the goat.  When it comes to a friendly day of degenerate gambling on the course Phil is always +ev.   
I think it’s already well established but my close freind is first cousins with the Pro at pebble beach.  He says Manning “clearly a better player”.

i had someone come out of the woodwork as ask me what the price of Phil Tiger was and I looked it up at a local and it had dropped to +155.  I asked him if he wanted it and he asked me to send it in....... I decided to hold it myself.  I think -200 is expensive but I’m ok with -155

I think it’s already well established but my close freind is first cousins with the Pro at pebble beach.  He says Manning “clearly a better player”.

i had someone come out of the woodwork as ask me what the price of Phil Tiger was and I looked it up at a local and it had dropped to +155.  I asked him if he wanted it and he asked me to send it in....... I decided to hold it myself.  I think -200 is expensive but I’m ok with -155
saw something where luke donald politely said brady was a better golfer as he golfed with both.. said brady was locked in and manning has fusions etc and hes not as sure

Last edited by a moderator:
saw something where luke donald poliely said brady was a better golfer as he goled with both.. said brady was locked in and manning has fusions etc and hes not as sure
Donald is the only person that I've heard say Brady was better than Manning.  Seen several say Manning is better.  I'm playing the props with Brady to have the longer drives on 1 and 3, hopefully he can hit it straight.

“I can't wait to go to Tiger's place and take him down," Mickelson told Golfweek. "Tiger thinks he has a huge advantage playing there because he was insistent that this event is played on his home course despite everyone else wanting to play it elsewhere. That's fine. We'll take it to him and Peyton. There will be no excuses. It's his home course, but Tom and I are going to go down there and put it to them, and we'll make it that every time Tiger shows up at his home course, he'll have a bad memory."

:lol:

I've heard Keegan Bradley tell a story about talking smack to Brady at a pro-am and Brady walked away with the side action.

I'd expect Manning to be a stroke or two over Brady as far as a regular round handicap, but the fact that he knows that puts the pressure on Manning.  

“I can't wait to go to Tiger's place and take him down," Mickelson told Golfweek. "Tiger thinks he has a huge advantage playing there because he was insistent that this event is played on his home course despite everyone else wanting to play it elsewhere. That's fine. We'll take it to him and Peyton. There will be no excuses. It's his home course, but Tom and I are going to go down there and put it to them, and we'll make it that every time Tiger shows up at his home course, he'll have a bad memory."

:lol:
Gamblers are a different breed.  Bunch of weirdos if you ask me.   :lmao:

Sweet, I faded Elliott

Truex -125 o Harvick

Truex -120 o Elliott

Harvick -105 o Elliott

Sooooo Truex first, Harvick 2nd, Elliott 3rd and we both win!
Treading lightly, but I played Truex o Harvick also as well as -110 o Kyle Busch.  I'm also on Jimmie +102 o Byron and -149 o Bowyer.  Hoping for some overreactions to qualifying once odds are back up. 

I couldn’t watch the first hole - did Peyton really duff the first drive into the woods and Brady hit a iron and didn’t drive longer?

A win is a win, even if Manning carried them.  :lmao:  

I stayed away from all internet/social media during this event.  It might have gotten lambasted.   It might have gotten praised.  I don't care.  I LOVED IT.  Do it every Sunday from now till sports.  Was a ton of fun.  Brady was even fun, and I thought he'd be the dud.  Great Sunday afternoon.

regularguy said:
Treading lightly, but I played Truex o Harvick also as well as -110 o Kyle Busch.  I'm also on Jimmie +102 o Byron and -149 o Bowyer.  Hoping for some overreactions to qualifying once odds are back up. 
Oh no, did they re-grade Jimmie?

facook said:
A win is a win, even if Manning carried them.  :lmao:  

I stayed away from all internet/social media during this event.  It might have gotten lambasted.   It might have gotten praised.  I don't care.  I LOVED IT.  Do it every Sunday from now till sports.  Was a ton of fun.  Brady was even fun, and I thought he'd be the dud.  Great Sunday afternoon.
It was awesome. I'm not sure they should stop there.  Tiger and Phil playing with out of season or retired sports stars once a week would get great ratings, I'd think. Heck, even without Tiger and Phil, there would still be some great ratings.

If next Sunday had a PGA event scheduled in the same time slot up against a mic'ed up foursome of Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Pat Mahomes, and Drew Brees. Which event gets better ratings?

Golf could very well be the one sport where it's more interesting to watch non-professionals. 

Users who are viewing this thread