What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Spider-man: Homecoming Movie Thread**** (1 Viewer)

Looking forward to this one.  Holland did a great job in Civil War.  Hate to say it, but I have high expectations going into this one with Marvel leading the charge.

Looking forward to this one.  Holland did a great job in Civil War.  Hate to say it, but I have high expectations going into this one with Marvel leading the charge.
Yes, Holland's performance in CW has given me hope.  That and the studio that should've made this movie in the first place will be at the helm.

They should remake this every 6 months. Maybe a TV show as well.
Yeah BUT THIS TIME THEY'LL GET IT RIGHT I SWAAERZ ITTZZZSZ

The birdman is playing the vulture?

It looks good but not sure I'm loving Tony stark mentoring him, a new chick who is not Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane, and his weird friend.

Tony Stark has to mentor him. Spider-Man is going to be the new Iron Man because Downey Jr. cant keep playing him unless they recast the part. Spider-Man will be the guy who gets Starks gadgets and stuff while Tony is not on screen and so forth in the future. And, this one looks big with appearances by Thor, Hulk, and the other Avengers. Huge. 

Just what we need, a 75th remake. Hollywood is so unoriginal anymore. Can't remember the last time I wanted to even go to a movie.this will suck like all the others

The birdman is playing the vulture?

It looks good but not sure I'm loving Tony stark mentoring him, a new chick who is not Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane, and his weird friend.
So you want the movie to be just like the last 3 PoS that they came out with?  Not another origin story or the same cast of characters.  It's a fresh take.

I get it.  Spider-man movies are becoming a running joke but this will be the first one that Marvel will get to do themselves and with how Tom Holland played the character in CW I am very hopeful this will not be another #### up of a beloved comic book hero.

So you want the movie to be just like the last 3 PoS that they came out with?  Not another origin story or the same cast of characters.  It's a fresh take.

I get it.  Spider-man movies are becoming a running joke but this will be the first one that Marvel will get to do themselves and with how Tom Holland played the character in CW I am very hopeful this will not be another #### up of a beloved comic book hero.
Where did I say that? I dont want another origin story but this seems like a complete reimagining which the last one was criticized for as well.

Where did I say that? I dont want another origin story but this seems like a complete reimagining which the last one was criticized for as well.
I didn't mean to come off condescending with that last post.  My bad.

It just sounded like you wanted Mary Jane, Gwen, Harry.  Just the same old mish mash. 

So now Sony's muddying the waters as to the connection of the new Venom movie with the MCUs Spider-Man.  Feige had said that they wouldn't be in the same universe.  So did the director of Homecoming.  But now the Sony producer on Homecoming is saying that it is in the same universe.

Nerdist was theorizing that if Sony decided to put Holland into the Venom or Sinister Six movie(s), Feige and Marvel couldn't really stop them because they own the character.  Sounds like maybe Sony will try and push the limits as to how much they can leverage the MCU to get their own movies off the ground.  Seems like a good way to end any hopes of further collaboration from Marvel, IMO.

I don't get it, how can MCU keep producing such consistently great movies?

This is my favorite Spider-Man - an excellent blend of humor, action, Parker Luck, the best MCU villain after Loki, it has it all.

I don't get it, how can MCU keep producing such consistently great movies?

This is my favorite Spider-Man - an excellent blend of humor, action, Parker Luck, the best MCU villain after Loki, it has it all.
They have thousands upon thousands of storylines to pull from and have been doing this for decades in print form. Hire some talent to oversee everything on a global level and get some talent to buy in with the vision. 

I liked it. I tried to set aside my earlier dislike of being played as such a young character. Mostly worked fine. Fun movie. Make sure you stay until the very end after all the credits. Very important scene there you won't want to miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very solid. Still prefer tobey's first two movies, and there was too much stark, but jon favreau and Michael keaton were awesome.

The ned character is like ganke who is miles Morales buddy in the new Spider-Man

Tony Stark has to mentor him. Spider-Man is going to be the new Iron Man because Downey Jr. cant keep playing him unless they recast the part. Spider-Man will be the guy who gets Starks gadgets and stuff while Tony is not on screen and so forth in the future. And, this one looks big with appearances by Thor, Hulk, and the other Avengers. Huge. 
I'm not sure this actor can take the role of the new Iron Man. He's 21 and looks 15. I think party of Tony Stark's winning recipe is his life experiences and wisdom gained from years of physically abusing himself as the playboy before taking on the mantle of do-gooder. I feel like there would be a void there if Stark leaves and this guy is supposed to fill that role

Was good.  The family liked it better than I did.  It felt "smaller" than most of the Marvel movies but that's not a bad thing just how they set up Spiderman as really being a neophyte at the whole hero thing.  And the kid who played him looks really young but he was engaging and likeable.  I thought the Stark stuff was cool and loved Favreau.

I'm not sure this actor can take the role of the new Iron Man. He's 21 and looks 15. I think party of Tony Stark's winning recipe is his life experiences and wisdom gained from years of physically abusing himself as the playboy before taking on the mantle of do-gooder. I feel like there would be a void there if Stark leaves and this guy is supposed to fill that role
It could be a "coming of age" story spanned over 3+ movies as Spiderman becomes the new leader of The Avengers and fights baddies. Marvel has to get younger.

It could be a "coming of age" story spanned over 3+ movies as Spiderman becomes the new leader of The Avengers and fights baddies. Marvel has to get younger.
That guy is going to look 15 until he's 45. Not sure they can slap a pair of glasses on him and make him look mature enough for that role. 

Was good.  The family liked it better than I did.  It felt "smaller" than most of the Marvel movies but that's not a bad thing just how they set up Spiderman as really being a neophyte at the whole hero thing.  And the kid who played him looks really young but he was engaging and likeable.  I thought the Stark stuff was cool and loved Favreau.
Just got back and JD summed it up nicely.  

Id say 3 of 4 stars/good popcorn flick.  

PSA:  There are a total of two during/after credit scenes.

Really liked it. Geeked out like a kid when they played the 60s theme song at the beginning. 

Marvel is getting better with these movies. The first handful of them were really hit or miss to me but they've been crushing them lately. 

We all enjoyed it as we have so many of these movies.  Some comments in the spoilers

* I was surprised this movie was set in 2020.  IMDB is listing that as a mistake in the movie but that seems too easy for the writers to have screwed up

* I had too many "look its Gilfoyle! look its Nacho! look its Cal! look its Massive Genius!"  moments

* I loved the casting of Jennifer Connely as Karen.  It is fun for me because in real life she is married to Paul Bettany who voiced Jarvis. :)

* The Captain America PSA's were brilliant "I think he is a war criminal now" LOL

We all enjoyed it as we have so many of these movies.  Some comments in the spoilers

* I was surprised this movie was set in 2020.  IMDB is listing that as a mistake in the movie but that seems too easy for the writers to have screwed up

* I had too many "look its Gilfoyle! look its Nacho! look its Cal! look its Massive Genius!"  moments

* I loved the casting of Jennifer Connely as Karen.  It is fun for me because in real life she is married to Paul Bettany who voiced Jarvis. :)

* The Captain America PSA's were brilliant "I think he is a war criminal now" LOL
We had some idiots standing up in front of us the first few minutes. Where did you get the 2020 thing? I missed that. 

Also, if they are still not really "bros" why would Iron Man be making another shield for Cap?

We had some idiots standing up in front of us the first few minutes. Where did you get the 2020 thing? I missed that. 

The beginning of the movie they show the clean up of the NY battle in 2012.  Then they had a caption "8 years later" to reset the time frame.

Also, if they are still not really "bros" why would Iron Man be making another shield for Cap?
Best I can guess is that Cap sends Tony a letter at end of Civil War stating that as soon as he is needed, Cap will be right back at his side fighting with him.

The beginning of the movie they show the clean up of the NY battle in 2012.  Then they had a caption "8 years later" to reset the time frame.
I took that to be 2008 for the Iron man movie. But I don't really pay attention to all that background stuff. 

They have thousands upon thousands of storylines to pull from and have been doing this for decades in print form. Hire some talent to oversee everything on a global level and get some talent to buy in with the vision. 
They do, but what they don't have is actors who can keep playing the same characters forever. In the comics, Tony Stark can stay the same age for 50 years. 

It's going to be really interesting to see how they transition away from Iron Man, Thor, Cap etc 

The NY battle that had all the alien technology scattered through out NY was in Avengers 1.  
They obviously had to have a reason for doing it. No way they all missed something as simple as a date. I imagine it'll be explained later. 

Users who are viewing this thread