What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody rolling with Antonio Gates these days? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Nice match ups coming up vs CAR, OAK and CLE.

He had a nice little run weeks 8-10 and Henry was out some or all of those weeks (don't remember if it was 2 or 3 weeks he was out).  Week 11 saw SD on a bye followed by a week 12 with ZERO pts and nothing to get excited about last week.

There is the TE TD record in sight so could that lead to more RZ targets or Rivers honing in on him.  How big a gamble would this be given Henry to contend with and is it reasonable to think he could average 5 or 6 for 80 and a TD?  

Anybody rolling with him? suppose it's based on what other TE you may (or may not) have on your roster and the match ups.  I for one have Walker and he is facing DEN, KC and JAX all of whom seem to be tougher match ups.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Chargers have nothing to play for now....and Gates is like 3 TDs away from some record. Rivers is going to try and get Gates that record. He'll definitely get some looks in the red zone.

I mentioned this exact thing in the Gates thread a couple weeks ago.

I have Gates in 2 playoff bound leagues (both are 10 team leagues, the playoffs start next week) and I am starting him with confidence in both. In fact I dropped Ebron in one. The only reason I may regret that is if Gates gets hurt.

I don't necessarily expect Gates to get have a 100 yard outing every game now, but I think 40-60 yards and a TD  should be expected.

This play won't win your your league (nor any specific game) but then again it shouldn't hurt you either. In fact, it wouldn't shock me to see Gates have a 2 TD game or two down the stretch, and that would be a nice bonus in the playoffs. I could easily see a 2 TD 60 yard game or two happening. I will happily take that in the playoffs.

NFL history is going to be made soon, and I am happy I have Gates on a couple teams to be a part of it.

TZM

Picked up Ladarius Green a couple of weeks ago and had him on my bench while I've been playing Gates. 

Gates has had favorable match ups for several weeks now and has done nothing with them. 

Good for him, glad he got another season’s worth of cash.

With Henry out we’ll see.  I’m not running out to grab him until we see how he’s used but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up as a streaming/backup option this year just based on red zone targets.

Good for him, glad he got another season’s worth of cash.

With Henry out we’ll see.  I’m not running out to grab him until we see how he’s used but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up as a streaming/backup option this year just based on red zone targets.
I had him back in '15. He had already lost two or three steps, though he won me a week with a huge day. 

He hasn’t posted over 600 yards the last 3 seasons. And with a healthy Allen that won’t happen this year. He could be a streamer but like stated I wouldn’t get too excited. 

Users who are viewing this thread