What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Forsett 2016 = Tim Hightower 2015? Is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Soaring Eagle

Footballguy
Hightower came out of no where last year to lead fantasy team to titles....old veteran who everyone thought was washed up getting 20 touches a week

Granted booker is still healthy but forsett knows the system and denver "seemed" thrilled to get him

I know its a long shot but does anyone else see any similarities here?

If this were week 9-10 then maybe.  Week 14? No thanks.  He'd need to surpass Booker or a injury to Booker to take over the starter role. Even if that happened,  you don't want to roll out Forsett in week 15 when it would be his first start. That leaves just week 16, and I know I wouldn't want to start Forsett on championship week.  Just not enough time left in the season for him to become useful to me ,  and that's even assuming that he passes the healthy RB in front of him in one week. 

He's in an intriguing situation, though I think branch makes valid points. 

Might be worth it if you have someone on your bench that doesnt have a shot starting for you.

Not only am I not bothering with Forsett but I'm considering dropping Booker and the entire Denver backfield. Reason:

* Week 15: NE

* Week 16: @KC

I don't see much promise here and I can't imagine starting either here.

Not only am I not bothering with Forsett but I'm considering dropping Booker and the entire Denver backfield. Reason:

Volume based rb2 for both weeks assuming Forsett doesn't eat too much on to Booker workload

I wouldn't drop him because that allows other teams to pick him up and possibly get lucky. 

Forsett has has looked like poop and old

I wouldn't drop him because that allows other teams to pick him up and possibly get lucky. 

Forsett has has looked like poop and old
I've thought about this, but from what I see on waivers there are much better opportunities to get lucky with players that have better matchups down the stretch.

Come Sunday morning I'll be surveying the landscape and will be very tempted to deal with other issues and hit the drop button. At this point, I'd be more comfortable starting K. Dixon over Booker or Forsett.

Think it's about 2 weeks too late for Forsett to really have a fantasy impact. You're not starting him this week unless you're really desperate. So at best, you could start him next week. I know New England's defense hasn't been all that great, but their still decent and I don't think Forsett will do much there. The Pats have only allowed 4 rushing TDs all season and have yet to allow a 100yd rusher. Then in Week 16, they get KC at KC. I'm not sure you could trust Forsett in the title game against a solid Chiefs' defense. And all this would be assuming that Booker's role diminishes over the next week or so.

Think it's about 2 weeks too late for Forsett to really have a fantasy impact. You're not starting him this week unless you're really desperate. So at best, you could start him next week. I know New England's defense hasn't been all that great, but their still decent and I don't think Forsett will do much there. The Pats have only allowed 4 rushing TDs all season and have yet to allow a 100yd rusher. Then in Week 16, they get KC at KC. I'm not sure you could trust Forsett in the title game against a solid Chiefs' defense. And all this would be assuming that Booker's role diminishes over the next week or so.
Exactly my point.

Think he is worth a pickup and hold. If he outplays Booker or looks really good then he might be worth a start against new England where he could also get some catches out of backfieldas Patriots will be scheming to shutdown the wrs

Think he is worth a pickup and hold. If he outplays Booker or looks really good then he might be worth a start against new England where he could also get some catches out of backfieldas Patriots will be scheming to shutdown the wrs
I don't think passes out of the backfield has been the Broncos MO this season. Booker is more than capable of that, yet has 5 catches the last 4 weeks. And after Bibbs has his big catch and run against Oakland, want to guess how many passes he caught? Same amount as you and I. CJ Anderson in the 7 games he played only had 16 catches. I just don't see them changing everything because Forsett caught some balls out of the backfield 2 years ago. They've had backs this year that are capable of catching passes and they just haven't utilized them.

My thoughts exactly.  I would be very surprised if Forsett outplays Booker and that would not be that difficult to do. 
I expect Forsett to outplay Booker.  However, don't know if he will get enough work to be usable though.

what is the situation with their Oline. The best rushing performances came when they got a player, can't recall the name, back from injury

les-be-honest, anyone hoping for forsett to save their playoffs probably won't be in the playoffs long enough to even consider starting him

the guy was on the trash heap for a reason. many reasons he likely won't be fantasy relevant this season

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think passes out of the backfield has been the Broncos MO this season. Booker is more than capable of that, yet has 5 catches the last 4 weeks. And after Bibbs has his big catch and run against Oakland, want to guess how many passes he caught? Same amount as you and I. CJ Anderson in the 7 games he played only had 16 catches. I just don't see them changing everything because Forsett caught some balls out of the backfield 2 years ago. They've had backs this year that are capable of catching passes and they just haven't utilized them.
He caught  44 passes with kubiak 2014. Not crazy he gets 10 carries and 3catches week 14 and if does well might go up the next week

He caught  44 passes with kubiak 2014. Not crazy he gets 10 carries and 3catches week 14 and if does well might go up the next week
That was 2 years ago. Look at the what Broncos RBs have done this year catching passes out of the backfield. They've been useless so far. I don't see it changing all of a sudden because Forsett caught passes in a Kubiak offense 2 seasons ago. 

Would have been least year also but he broke his arm. Both seasons as starter in Baltimore he averaged 3 catches a game. 

The previous backs on Denver this  year have been Useless because maybe they haven't shown how well they can catch out of the backfield.

Kubiak knows Forsetts strengths

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy the number of carries he got in a game where running the ball was futile, even with a fumble. Guess Booker wasn't doing squat early and Kubiak decided to change an stick with Forsett?

Users who are viewing this thread