What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Old school TD only: J Jones, R Matthews, T Williams (pick 2) (1 Viewer)

Which of these 3 do you SIT in a TD only format

• J Jones

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • R Matthews

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • T Williams

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Buzzbait

Footballguy
I'm in an old school TD only league and giving consideration to sitting J Jones. Sounds ridicules but stay with me.

- Julio has 1 receiving TD in his past 6 games, he has turf toe and Atl is playing a pretty good Rams defense.

- Matthews has 7 TDs in his last 8 games but does have a tough matchup at home vs Den.

- Williams has had 1 TD in each of his last 4 games and SD plays Carolina this week. He does have a torn labrum but played thru it last week and is a full go again this week.

If this we a performance league I don't think I could sit Julio as his targets and yards are still there even though the TDs aren't. Given what it is though I think it makes more sense to start Matthews and Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really unfamiliar with TD only so take this with a huge grain of salt. I can see your rationale for sitting Julio but I personally wouldn't do it. Mattews' 7/8 stretch is impressive but playing against Denver isn't good for anyone. I could easily see the Phins being held out of the end zone for much of that game whereas I see ATL putting up points regardless. So the question is: do you take the better player with a lower TD share on his team that scores a lot or the worse player that has a high TD share on a team that will likely score very few TDs this week? I play Julio and Williams but understand that Julio has probably burned you in 5 of the past 6 weeks.

I'd say Julio is due for a touch down, and they should lean on Mathews possible touchdown but that's a toss up.

Thanks for your help...

I'm also not a TD-only expert, but unless Julio's toe limits him all week I couldn't sit him. Keep an eye on how he progresses with his toe.

Right now I'd sit Matthews. It sounds like Denver will be without LB Marshall, which opens up the run game for Murray. Murray is also their #1 red zone target. Also, Denver won't run away with the score, keeping Murray in the game script. But Denver still has a solid secondary, and Talib could shut Matthews out.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread