What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Thanks Sig, pretty even matchup with my opponent:

League 1 - PPR, 6 pt passing Td

QB - Rivers or Brady

RB Starters - Bell, Kelley

WR Starter - Odell and pick one more - Thomas, Lafell, Parker, Moncrief, Thielen, Ty Montgomery

Flex - One of above WRs, Ebron, Mckinnon, or Powell

TE - Ladarius

K- Hauschka

D- Cincy

League 2 - Standard league.  Two week playoff. Last week was first week and I lead by 30.  However, I had Ware last night so now up 36 but lost one spot.

Starting:

Qb - Rivers or Dalton

RB - Bell and Ware

TE - Ladarious

K - Lambo

D- Cincy

Pick 2 WRs - Julio, Cooks, Ty Will, Lafell, Desean, Lockett, Mitchell

Pick 1 Flex - Above WRs or Rawls

Thank you

Hey Sig,

Need a RB from Rawls, Coleman, Booker, Lewis, and Lewis

Need a WR from Cobb, Gabriel, Mitchell, and Boyd.

And a Flex from who any who weren't chosen.

Also, with an expected 6-8 in of snow expected at Green Bay. Should I roll with Rodgers or Palmer?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sig,

Pick me a WR and a Flex for a 0.5-PPR playoff match:

M. Thomas (foot), Riddick (wrist, knee), Watkins (foot)

I should be a modest favorite in the matchup (opponent has Julio and Carr, but I have Cooper).

Thanks!
thomas if he has a full practice today, otherwise riddick

TD-Heavy league...4 points TD pass, 6 points all TDs, 2 pt bonus for every 5 catches and every 50 yards rushing or receiving

Kurt Cousins or Marcus Mariotta

Lamar Miller or Dion Lewis

Pick 3 - Tyrell Williams, Steve Smith, Michael Crabtree, Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel

edited to add that I started Ware and Crabtree which netted me 2 points while my opponent started just Hill and got 10 points.  Thinking I might need to roll dice on players with most upside.
cousins

lewis

gabriel williams

Hey now, Sig -- I've hoarded all the available upside receivers and now I get to choose (fake confetti).

TD-only scoring:

-- 2 WR from Fitz, Hilton, Lockett, Mitchell, Moncrief, Pryor, Watkins

-- Cam is my only QB. Leaning toward starting him this week, but thinking about next week, and Taylor, Manning, Kaep and Barkley are available. Would you drop any of the above receivers for a QB (could drop Booker, too, but I only have Kelley, Lewis, and Henry to start at RB2)?  If so, which QB would you start this week?

Yr waiver and weekly advice has been fantasy gold for me this season. Most appreciative of all you do, and how you treat yr fans/followers. Thanks again.
moncrief fitz

eli over cam in TD only

thanks for the kind words!

Thanks again, playoff time

Need 2 RB, .5 pt ppr - Miller, Rawls, Martin (need upside with Ware and Cooper flopping)

Need 2 flex, standard - Marshall, R. Matthews, Watkins, Meredith

Need 1 RB, standard - Booker, T. West, D. Lewis

Need 2 WRs and 1 Flex, standard - Mitchell, Gabriel, Ginn, Lockett, Inman, Thielen, Hightower (need upside after Ware)

Palmer, Flacco or Kaep over Ryan? If Julio is out.
rawls martin

marshall watkins

lewis

mm gabriel lockett

palmer

Great job Sig,FPC scoring,need two of the following:

T.Riddick vs Chi

A. Thielen @ Jax

C.Brate vs N.O.

Hey Bloom, I'm the #8 going against the #1 in first round, I'm ready for the upset!!!

Std league, here's what I got:

Need 3 WRs:

DT, Tyrell, Moncreif, Malcolm, Gabriel and Tyreek

TE:  Gates or Brate

1 Flex:  LMiller, Riddick or 1 more of the WRs listed above.

Thanks Bloom!!!
sorry i missed ya had mm tyrell moncrief brate gabriel

Do or die, indeed!

All mediocre-to-terrible matchups, or bad quarterbacking, or injury issues, but trying to get 3 from the island of misfit toys:

Brandon Marshall, Malcolm Mitchell, Tyler Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Steve Smith, Rishard Matthews. Ted Ginn is also on the WW--

Also, Ladarius Green or Vernon Davis at TE if Reed is a no-go?

Thanks so much, Sig!!
mm marshall watkins

green

Bloom, I gotta feeling you're going be answering a lot of Malcolm Mitchell calls? I see you have him ranked pretty high. Needless to say I gotta commend you. As my second starting WR #2 I get to choose between Cooper (tonight, prolly gonna pass), Moncrief (already start Hilton), Pryor, Ty Willams, or Mitchell? I have practically talked myself into going with Mitchell as his big coming out party - who's Malcolm Mitchell on MNF. Now, I also like a red hot Willams, and RGIII to Pryor is also enticing. So, Mitchell, Williams, Pryor, or Cooper if you see this in time?
i had mitchell hope you went that direction

Hi Sig,

1. In PPR in an  even matchup, I need 2 WR and 1 RB/WR flex from: 

- Demaryius Thomas
- Davante Adams
- Watkins
- Malcolm Mitchell
- Kelvin

- Booker
- Lamar
- Dion Lewis

2. In PPR where Hightower is depth  and Booker can't be trusted,  would you drop either for for Malcolm Mitchell?

Thanks!

DR
MM thomas lewis

drop booker

ppr scoring. Need two from D.Adams, R.Cobb, M.Thomas, R.Matthews, T.Gabriel, M.Mitchell.

Stud theory would be to start Adams and Thomas, but i need a win to get into the playoffs (with help from one other team) and am thinking that maybe I should go with Gabriel and Mitchell since Sanu is out and Julio is looking to be a decoy and my opponent is starting Brady. 

Hi Sig, love the podcasts with you, Cecil, Waldman and Dr Jene, thanks for those. And thanks for any advice you have.

Standard league, non-PPR, first week of the play-offs:

- Stafford or Manning (leaning Stafford, he's hot lately)

- need one RB from Howard, Gurley, Ajayi (already started Ware, yay me! I'm leaning Howard, again because he's hot).

- need 3 WRs from Dez, Mitchell, Tyrell Williams, Watkins, Rishard Matthews, Britt (I'm leaning the first three listed, Mitchell chiefly to make it more fun TBH)

Thanks!

Non-PPR

Dak vs Brady

Need Two: M. Thomas,  Fitz, Baldwin

Detroit D vs Seattle D

Cheers Bloom! This is PPR. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1 Team D. Would you change any of these starters?

Rodgers over Winston

Julio, Crowder, Pryor, and Marshall (but have Cobb, Garcon, Boyd, Hogan, Garcon, and Enuna to sub, can we trust Julio? GTD?)

Reed over Fleener

Bills vs Pit over Seattle at GB

TD heavy league Bloom.

Locking in Malcolm Mitchell at one WR position. Pick one of these: Hilton, Moncrief, Tate, or Ty Wiilams?

Started Ware at one RB position. Pick one of these: Miller, Lewis, or T Coleman?

D/ST: DET, ATL, CIN, or NE?

Thanks for the other answer on Malcolm Mitchell. I think if he plays well it could be his coming out party, so so game, or he could lay an egg?

Hi Bloom, thanks for helping.  First week of playoffs!   Both teams half PPR.

Edit to say I'm preparing to play without Michael Thomas in both leagues as well now...

2nd Edit, Theo Riddick Out...

Team 1:  Preparing to be without Julio, Thomas, Riddick.  Here are my options, which would you prefer?

1)  Do not wait on Julio/Thomas, and play Jarvis Landry and Burkhead vs. Miami

2)  Wait on Julio and/or Thomas, if they're out out, play Hightower and/or KDixon.  

3)  Pick up Brandon Coleman and play him in place of Thomas (also can pick up Asiata, Robby Anderson, Vance McDonald, a Bears WR, or Justin Hardy/Aldrick Robinson)

Who to replace Riddick?  hightower, Dixon, Burkhead, pick up someone like Zenner?

Team 2:  Need 2 RBs, 1 WR and a flex out of these players:

RBs:  Rob Kelley, Crowell, TColeman, KDixon, Burkhead, Hightower, Powell, Gillislee, 

WR:  ARob, Snead, MMitchell

thank you

Hey Sig...

Need to play any 4 out of these 5 in standard scoring .5ppr league

DThomas @ Tenn

Tyrell Williams @ Carolina

Lamar Miller @ Indy

DMartin vs NO

SSmith @ NE

Have been snakebit by Miller on several occasions this year, and am tempted to bench him despite good matchup. Worried I'm overthinking it.

Appreciate the help.

It's. Time. To. Set. The. Gearshift. For. The. High. Gear. Of. Your. Soul. 

Standard league, 2-week playoff (2nd week)

I was down 35 points after last week after Evans, MThomas, Miller and Gates were duds, now I'm down 53 after Murray and Crabtree combined for 18 on Thursday. 

The safe play is no longer an option. 

Could you rank by largest potential boom, Bloom? Please and thank you, the FBG staff's and your tireless work for the game is much much appreciated and incredibly insightful.

Flex options:

GORE

MONCRIEF

R KELLEY

GABRIEL (with and without Julio?)

D LEWIS 

ALSO: same team, who has higher ceiling, Stafford or Ryan?

Good luck to you this weekend

Hey Bloom, can start 4 of these guys, which 4? 1 PPR

Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Ted Ginn, Yeldon, Lockett

Thanks in advance

Hi Bloom,

0.5 PPR pick three out of Terelle Pryor, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Taylor Gabriel and Devonte Booker.

Thanks!

Need to choose my flex from the following:

Delanie Walker v. DEN (special scoring for TEs - Walker currently has more points than Crabtree, Fitzgerald and Cooks, for example)

Rishard Matthews v. DEN

Rob Kelley @ PHI

10 yards rush/rec = 1 pt. (TEs: 7 yards rec/rush = 1 pt.)

100 yards rush/rec = 5 pt. bonus (TEs: 80 yards rec/rush = 5 pt. bonus)

Modified PPR - WRs and RBs get 1 pt. for every 3 rec; 5 pt. bonus at 10 rec (TEs: 1 pt. for every 2 rec; 5 pt. bonus at 7 rec)

Thanks

Hey Sig!  Round 2 of a two week playoff and miraculously I have an 8 pt league.

Big Ben in snowy buffalo or Russell in snowy GB? 

Then I have to pick 3 out of this mess: smiff, Ingram, Dion, Ebron, McKinnon, Marvin jones and Corey Coleman.  1 Ppr, .25 ppc

thanks for taking the time each week to do this!

Thanks again for doing these threads. Looking for some lineup help in PPR.

Need lineup help in two PPR leagues

First league, I can start 2 RB & 4 WR or 3 RB & 3 WR.

RBs to pick from are Booker, Hightower, Forte, Doug Martin, Ivory & Sproles

WRs to pick from are DT, Hopkins, Diggs, T. Benjamin, Enunwa, Lockett, E. Rogers, Theilen & M. Wilson

Also, SD DEF or Philly DEF this week?

2nd league do I bench Ingram for Marvin Jones (Already starting Tate), E. Rogers, M. Wilson or V. Davis or keep him in?

Thanks!

Hi please pick 2 flex. 1 point PPR:

Dion Lewis vs Ravens (Blount may struggle to run)

Kenneth Dixon at Patriots 

Sammy Watkins vs Steelers (snow)

Jordan Matthews vs Redskins (assuming Norman won't cover the slot, Wentz doesn't have much else to throw to)

Thanks. 

Hey Sig-

Round 1 and I am in a slight hole with Crabtree not doing a lot...current projections have me down by 11.

Standard Scoring - Pick 2

Jordan Matthews

Lafell

Tevin Coleman 

Tim Hightower

QB - Ben or Dak?

Thanks in advance!

With Michael Thomas having foot issues should I take the risk of starting him or go with Ted Ginn or Dontrelle Inman instead. Non-ppr.  Thanks! 

Hey Bloom. Should I start Ajayi or Rawls in a non PPR? My opponents backs are Zeke and Hill. I started Ware and am already behind the 8-ball. Thanks!

Hey Sig,

I've got 3 playoff teams and don't feel great about any of the matchups...

My lineups, starters in bold:

team 1 PPR:

QB: Wilson, Stafford...worried about Wilson's numbers in a snow storm...

RB: Bell, R Kelley, Hyde, D.Will

WR: Tyrell Williams, Mike Thomas, Nuke, Gabriel...if Thomas can't go, I'll go with Gabriel.

TE: Jimmy Graham, Eifert

Team 2, PPR:

QB: Brees

RB: Zeke, Gore, Rawls, R Kelley, Dixon, Morris, 

WR: Mike Thomas, Landry, Alshon, Lockett (my Thomas backup)

TE: Bennett

Team 3:

QB: Brees 

RB: Johnson, Rawls, Hightower, Dixon, Powell

WR: Fitz, Mike Thomas, Gabriel, Parker, Lockett 

TE: Eifert 

not sure who I'd replace Thomas with. Either Dixon or Hightower...

Would you do anything different?

Thanks Sig, good luck this week!

-Eric

Hey Sig!

Could you please choose four receivers out of this group: Jordy Nelson, Donte Moncrief, Corey Coleman, Tedd Ginn Jr, Pierre Garcon, Ty Montgomery, Michael Thomas

Choose one tight end: Kyle Rudolph or Jermaine Gresham

Thanks bro!!!!!!!

Hopefully I get ask more questions next week, if not thanks for all the help!!

standard league

need 1 rb from Lamar Miller, Jordan Howard, d lewis

Need 1 wr from cooks, micheal Thomas, Pryor, Marvin jones

1 te from reed, green and brate

1 flex from all the above

Good Morning Bloom - well need to get by this week.  1PT PPR need 2 RB, 2WR, and 2 Flex.

RB's:

Gore, Forte, Kelley, Crowell, and Gillisilee

WR's

Julio, M Thomas, Tyrell Williams, Watkins, Hogan, Ginn, and Fuller

TE

Pitta

With not knowing the injuries to Thomas and Jones late I could fallback to Pitta and Hogan for the flex.

AJ Green worth holding in short bench std scoring league or get Jeffrey off WW? Other WRs are Fitzgerald, M Thomas, Pryor, Gabriel

hi Bloom

need 1 rb and 1 flex in ppr: forte, gore, crowder, jordan matthews, desean jax, smiff, thielan

need 1 rb and 2 flex in ppr: rawls, ajayi, davante adams, tyrell williams, jordan matthews. theilan,

thanks!

Hi Sig,

Need at least a solid floor this week.  You seem to be relatively alone amongst prognosticators in your love for Dion this week.  I think I agree.  Convince me to start him over Martin or Ingram and if so, which one do I bench.  1/2 point ppr.

Also Stafford or Wilson and Martellus or Pitta?

Users who are viewing this thread