What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is benching Julio (1 Viewer)

If Julio doesn't play, or maybe even sparingly..

Where do we rank Gabriel among other wide-outs for the week?

I have Gabriel ranked along these lines,  (outside of top 10 below)

11     Emmanuel Sanders DEN

12     Larry Fitzgerald ARI

13     Michael Crabtree OAK

14     Sammy Watkins BUF

15     Tyrell Williams SD

16     Tyreek Hill KC

17     Taylor Gabriel ATL

18     Jamison Crowder WAS

19     Brandin Cooks NO

20    Stefon Diggs MIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Quinn was quoted as saying they want to see if Julio can push it tmrw in practice.

Until then, I'm undecided. 

If Julio doesn't play, or maybe even sparingly..

Where do we rank Gabriel among other wide-outs for the week?

I have Gabriel ranked along these lines,  (outside of top 10 below)

11     Emmanuel Sanders DEN

12     Larry Fitzgerald ARI

13     Michael Crabtree OAK

14     Sammy Watkins BUF

15     Tyrell Williams SD

16     Tyreek Hill KC

17     Taylor Gabriel ATL

18     Jamison Crowder WAS

19     Brandin Cooks NO

20    Stefon Diggs MIN
I am benching Gabriel for Diggs... Diggs has a matchup that should be high scoring. Atlanta could win the game in the 1st quarter

Would the Falcons really play Julio against the 49ers unless he is as healthy as he is going to get this year?  They can beat San Fran no problem without him

Hurl Bruce said:
Right now, I have him benched for Michael Crabtree and Tyreke Hill.
I like this strategy. Bench Jones and replace hime with two players. You might be on to something. 

Julio out, per Quinn. Bump Gabriel and the running backs.
Curious as to who gets the scores for ATL as they are slated to score around 30-33 according to Vegas and at least a 40 burger according to Mooch. Now, someone has to get the scores? Ryan to Gabriel. Both Coleman and Freeman. ATL D/ST. I mean we are talking about 4-5 TD's and yes Matt Bryant will get his, just depends upon how much?

Will ATL keep the pedal on the metal? Or will it end up being a Freeman / Coleman running out the clock?

Curious as to who gets the scores for ATL as they are slated to score around 30-33 according to Vegas and at least a 40 burger according to Mooch. Now, someone has to get the scores? Ryan to Gabriel. Both Coleman and Freeman. ATL D/ST. I mean we are talking about 4-5 TD's and yes Matt Bryant will get his, just depends upon how much?

Will ATL keep the pedal on the metal? Or will it end up being a Freeman / Coleman running out the clock?
All you need is one or two big plays from Gabriel, not a lot of touches

ATL homers, I am assuming Gabriel is pretty fast, eh? Is he one of the top 10 fastest guys in the league? I always hedge on shorter WR's in the red zone, but others are high on Gabriel in the red zone now that Julio isn't the #1 option.

by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(39 mins ago) Jones (toe) took part in portions of Tuesday's practice, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

In the light session, Jones didn't exactly commence with an array of drills but was instead rather limited. The preceding isn't exactly the tuneup desired for Wednesday's practice, when he's expected to test out his sprained toe at full speed. In the end, the key to Jones' return will be pushing off without feeling discomfort in his foot, something that he has yet to prove. Wednesday's injury report should provide insight into his standing for Week 16.

assuming he plays what is your expectation? I still think you have to play him if he's active.... but I'm more trying to figure out what Gabriel will likely due in the event Julio suits up

Seahawks likely have the other 1st round bye.. would take ATL to win out and SEA to lose to AZ in order for ATL to get it. Probably not going to happen (Seattle that is)

TB plays Carolina next week. So 2 tough matchups. (ATL has the Saints)

This game is important but not crazy important. That being said, I fully expect Jones to go. I'm just not sure how much he is in the game plan. Knowing him, he'll go nuts. If he's active you have to play him. 

Such a mIsleading title as the Julio quotes suggests serious doubt as to whether he'll play this week.
not really, Julio says he's good to go. it's the coach that has some hesitation. 

fwiw, Dez said he'd be ready to go vs green bay... and I think he came back like 3 or 4 weeks later. not saying same case, just take Julio word for what it's worth...

Limited again today.  While an improvement over no practice, do we need to see a full practice on Thursday (the "normal Friday" practice) to trust him on Saturday?

not really, Julio says he's good to go. it's the coach that has some hesitation. 

fwiw, Dez said he'd be ready to go vs green bay... and I think he came back like 3 or 4 weeks later. not saying same case, just take Julio word for what it's worth...
Might be the English major in me, but "I've just got to go out there and fly around" is a sizeable difference from "ready to fly around."

Yeah but how much?

Could see this being the classic "ease him back in" game. 
I don't own him. But if I did, I'd start him. 

You have a legitimate question, but no one knows... everyone has to make this decision on their own.

I'm putting Gabriel in regardless, as I do own him

I don't own him. But if I did, I'd start him. 

You have a legitimate question, but no one knows... everyone has to make this decision on their own.

I'm putting Gabriel in regardless, as I do own him
I'm starting him.  I couldn't live with myself if he blows up on my bench and I lose because of it.

They need this win. They want to take the division, and rest players next week if possible (which can happen if NO beats TB). They still have a shot at a bye, and they could still miss the playoffs. If they didn't need him, they wouldn't play him. 

Not to say he's his old self, or they wouldn't rest him if the game gets out of hand. But I think he'd be a legitimate target for Ryan, not a decoy. And with the way Carolina is playing now, they need their best players.

If you have him, I think you start him (depending on your options, as always). If it goes poorly, you had the guy with the best upside in there. I think it's the right call.

They need this win. They want to take the division, and rest players next week if possible (which can happen if NO beats TB). They still have a shot at a bye, and they could still miss the playoffs. If they didn't need him, they wouldn't play him. 

Not to say he's his old self, or they wouldn't rest him if the game gets out of hand. But I think he'd be a legitimate target for Ryan, not a decoy. And with the way Carolina is playing now, they need their best players.

If you have him, I think you start him (depending on your options, as always). If it goes poorly, you had the guy with the best upside in there. I think it's the right call.
I honestly think this is why he sat the last 2 games. There was little possibility they would lose the last 2 games. Had they played Carolina last week I think he would have played. This is literally a pain tolerance/inflammation issue. Nothing a shot can't help (temporarily) and definitely nothing that's going to be gone for good for him until this offseason. 

Debating between Julitoe and Tyreek (return yardage league). I'm no doctor, but I've played fantasy long enough to be very scared of the dreaded turf toe.

tough spot for me. i have julio as well, but right now i have him on my bench still. i currently have hilton, cooks, and montgomery in my lineup. deciding on who to sit if i start julio. its a non ppr. any thoughts?

tough spot for me. i have julio as well, but right now i have him on my bench still. i currently have hilton, cooks, and montgomery in my lineup. deciding on who to sit if i start julio. its a non ppr. any thoughts?
Of those 3, I sit Montgomery.  His usage is inconsistent.  I'm hoping (for my sake) that GB finally realizes what type of weapon he is and will continue to ride him...but that's not a given.  I have him in my lineup, but that's because I don't have the options you do.  I'd start Julio over Montgomery and wouldn't think twice about it.

So people are saying if Dallas rests their starters they are dumb because they will be "rusty" come playoff time

Any concern Julio is "rusty" coming off so much rest

So people are saying if Dallas rests their starters they are dumb because they will be "rusty" come playoff time

Any concern Julio is "rusty" coming off so much rest
Julio is no stranger to playing decoy and the forecast on Saturday in Carolina is calling for rain, which can't be too good for a hurt toe. But I can't imagine most people have good enough options to ignore the upside.

Julio is no stranger to playing decoy and the forecast on Saturday in Carolina is calling for rain, which can't be too good for a hurt toe. But I can't imagine most people have good enough options to ignore the upside.
I am not expecting rust. Just curious what the opinion is here as some are concerned Zeke would get some rust by resting healthy for 2-3 weeks. 

I am not expecting rust. Just curious what the opinion is here as some are concerned Zeke would get some rust by resting healthy for 2-3 weeks. 
I think the difference is the benefit of rest for the sprained toe could outweigh any rust. Zeke isn't dealing with any injuries as far as we know. That said, now that Dallas has clinched the #1 seed, I think they would be foolish not to rest Zeke some the next two weeks (not the entire games, due to the rust factor, but maybe make it more of a split with McFadden, who could use the work anyway).

expected and was concerned with decoy status and a questionable tag... but to be removed from report w/full practice... ATL very well could have been resting him during 2 games they knew they would win handedly.  cautiously optimistic we get regular julio production

Users who are viewing this thread