What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dare I bench Brady for Jameis? (1 Viewer)

calvano

Footballguy
12 team league, starts 1qb per week. 6 pts per passing td, -2 for fumble or int, 150-199 yds = 1 pt, 200 - 249 yds = 2 pts, 250 -299 = 3 pts, 300-349 yds = 4 pts. Obviously very td heavy on points. 

I drafted Brady as a no-brainer must start after week 4. But the recent "struggles" (at least fantasy wise) has me thinking I need to start jameis winston (at home) vs the saints this week. Brady has the ravens at Gillette  

Thoughts? 

I have a somewhat comparable decision between Jameis and Rivers, and I'm playing Jameis. It's generally not a good idea to bet against Brady, but I have a feeling that the TB/NO game will be a shootout (at least I hope so). I mean, Jared Goff tossed 3 TDs against New Orleans a few weeks ago, and Stafford lit them up last week, so I like my chances ...

I'd start Winston. I'm playing him over Ben this week.

On the negative side if Brady has a nice game I don't think Winston would be too far behind him.

On the positive side I think Winston has the better chance to have a monster game,I'd take the risk.

I don't like Brady this week at all. Ravens have a good defense, Gronk is out for the season, and the storm could be wrapping up throughout the first half of that game (but that is unclear at this point). I'd definitely start Winston. Jameis should at the very least have a solid game against the porus Saints D with upside through the roof. Sure, Brady could have a big game, but with the loss of Gronk I see them continuing to lean on their running game. I could also very easily see the final of the NE game being something like 17-10 which provides few opportunities for high scoring fantasy players. I know it seems silly to bench TB12 but in my mind it's not close based on his and Jameis' matchups.

im trying to decide if I should start Jameis over Stafford who is at home against the woeful Bears

I don't like Brady this week at all. Ravens have a good defense, Gronk is out for the season, and the storm could be wrapping up throughout the first half of that game (but that is unclear at this point). I'd definitely start Winston. Jameis should at the very least have a solid game against the porus Saints D with upside through the roof. Sure, Brady could have a big game, but with the loss of Gronk I see them continuing to lean on their running game. I could also very easily see the final of the NE game being something like 17-10 which provides few opportunities for high scoring fantasy players. I know it seems silly to bench TB12 but in my mind it's not close based on his and Jameis' matchups.

im trying to decide if I should start Jameis over Stafford who is at home against the woeful Bears
nice clue walbridge

I am definitely not an expert nor do I have a crystal ball but I will repeat what I said in another thread about 5 minutes ago.

Never bench Brady!

Same question. Again.  What about this week Brady @ Den or Winston @ Dal? 

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, it shouldn't even be a question (You'll notice I never ask "Should I start Brees this week" because the answer is ALWAYS yes - same with Brady! lol) Winston is good, (I own him too) but unless you're a 2 qb league he's bench insurance for you

I have the exact situation and all of us that drafted Brady were hoping that he'd lead us to a title...you can't sit him even against Denver!  

Users who are viewing this thread