What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Four Games of Christmas*** Game 2: Quiplash - Game Over (1 Viewer)

hagmania

Footballguy
Start voting here!

=======================================

Game 1 - Holiday Sheep

Let's play a game.

This is essentially freeform Balderdash, and an excellent party game that can be bought and played with a console/SmartTV and anyone with a cell phone.

I'm going to give several prompts below. All you have to do is PM me your responses and wait for submissions to close. At that point I'll reveal the submissions and everyone will then PM me to vote on their favorites (no self-voting). All votes are worth 1 point. Most votes for a prompt wins it and an extra 2 points. Most total votes overall gets a bonus of 2 points. Most points is the winner!

Exact matches will be discarded and only awarded two points, beware! The audience is also free to vote if they missed out on submitting responses.

Holiday Quiplash

1. Holiday-ize a movie.     (ie, Eight Crazy Seconds)
2. What do you think welchers do to celebrate on Christmas Eve?
3. After Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, what happened to Grandpa?
4. What decorations do you think @AcerFC is hanging this Hanukkah?
5. You never really hear about Rudolph's cousin ____, the ________ Reindeer.
6. I saw _____________ underneath the mistletoe last night.
7. Scrooge was really surprised when the Ghost of _____ showed up that night.
8. What's the best Christmas present Joe Bryant could give the FFA?

(I've altered the format slightly for large forum play. Typically players are matched off head-to-head for a couple rounds and there is a free-for-all at the end. In the interest of being a one day deal, just going to be a free-for-all today.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best threads in the FFA.

So we have 24 hours on this one?  Just wondering how long I can wait for dummies to screw it up and post instead of PM to give me some ideas.

Also, Acer?  Like...the computer company?

I dont know what Balderdash is.  Are we supposed to just try to give the wackiest answers in hopes of people voting for it?

Best threads in the FFA.

So we have 24 hours on this one?  Just wondering how long I can wait for dummies to screw it up and post instead of PM to give me some ideas.

Also, Acer?  Like...the computer company?
I'll make some edits. I'd prefer everything in by 2:00 or 3:00 like last week. I'll try to turn around as fast as possible and then we'll have the vote. The vote might not be fully tallied until later, but we'll get our chuckles and entertainment in on a Friday if I can release responses by afternoon today.

In.

I haven't played Balderdash, but there's a similar game called Drawful played on a smart TV and tablets/smartphones.  Quite fun with a group of 4-8.

ETA - not quite the same as Balderdash:

Drawful is a party game played by up to eight players and up to one hundred audience members via a streaming channel, similar to Fibbage. The game has two rounds. Each round, each player is initially presented with a unique phrase, and they must use a simple drawing interface to draw out that phrase without using words. Once the drawings are all completed, the game presents a player's pictures to the other players, and they must enter what phrase the drawing is showing. If they get this correct, they are told this and encouraged to enter another phrase. All the possible phrases, including the correct one, are presented to the players, and they then must select which one they think is correct. If a player selects the correct one, both they and the drawer get points, while the creator of a fake answer gets points if their answer is selected. The winner is the player with the most points at the end. 

Got about 10 responses thus far, keep 'em coming.

Forgot I had a company party this afternoon. Will keep tabs on phone, but start of voting may be slightly delayed.

This was more difficult than I initially thought. :popcorn:  Curious to see how this one shapes up.

This was more difficult than I initially thought. :popcorn:  Curious to see how this one shapes up.
If I were a funnier man the prompts might be a bit better. Tried to mix in the holiday theme and a couple of what I considered some very entertaining, high visibility threads.

If I were a funnier man the prompts might be a bit better. Tried to mix in the holiday theme and a couple of what I considered some very entertaining, high visibility threads.
They were fun.  There's so much shtick in this place, its hard to figure out where the votes are going to go.

One of the questions took me forever to come up with an answer.   :own3d:

Now over 20 in and growing. Will be accepting submissions for quite a while yet, no way I can get through these on my phone. Apparently they're about to serve margaritas. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread