What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (4 Viewers)

Eloise Laws - Love Factory (1973)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPoRRk7cLJI

Why this didn't become a worldwide soul/disco standard is beyond me. Written by the former Motown songwriting team of Holland-Dozier-Holland (who penned 10 of the Supremes #1 hits) and co-produced by the legendary Richard "Popcorn" Wylie, it sits musically and thematically right between Respect and I Will Survive, but sank without a trace upon its release and has remained pretty much unknown since then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDyODMFQzuU&list=RDMDyODMFQzuU&start_radio=1

The song potions by Puscifer. Couple things—for those who do not know—Puscifer is a side project of Maynard from Tool and A perfect circle.  This particular song was written by Trent Reznor and was originally planned to be fully developed by the tapeworm project with Maynard that never really materialized.   Apparently Maynard got the green light to use the song for his Puscifer project—and I really like the sound.  I’ve never heard Maynard sing with an almost purposely feminine cadence.   It does have a NIN vibe to it as well.  Also—just warning you that this is a lyric video that features some graphics depicting drug addiction.  Might be nsfw for some.  

I was listening to a mix of songs from the Paranoid album from Black Sabbath

On my way home I heard Hand of Doom, Fairies Wear Boots, and then War Pigs just as I was pulling into the local pub

I will continue the songs tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifty years ago i ran away from home cuz i knocked up a local chick and her brothers were looking for me. Made my way as quick as possible to Cali and my western base-of-operations for the next two winters was the scorekeeper's booth of a baseball stadium in downtown Monterrey. I'd begin my morning bum by walking past a grand old theater a coupla blocks away and, every now and then, i'd hear the sound of rock music coming from the doors. Turns out to have been a rehearsal hall for a number of foundational Bay Area rock bands (Santana was one) as well as a concert venue. For a kid who lived in a ballpark & begged his food money, standing in the alley behind the theater to listen to this #### was high entertainment. I was a good sneak but couldnt find my way inside, however. One day, though, the alley door opened and this fuzzy-headed dude stepped out. He saw me, we struck up a conversation and, when he heard i was sitting out there just to listen to the music, he invited me in. He told me to come out front & ask in if i heard them playing. I did, from then on. That was Elvin Bishop, he was working with the great Jo Baker then, and them was some lovely afternoons.

he seems to have a thing for cow songs

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifty years ago i ran away from home cuz i knocked up a local chick and her brothers were looking for me. Made my way as quick as possible to Cali and my western base-of-operations for the next two winters was the scorekeeper's booth of a baseball stadium in downtown Monterrey. I'd begin my morning bum by walking past a grand old theater a coupla blocks away and, every now and then, i'd hear the sound of rock music coming from the doors. Turns out to have been a rehearsal hall for a number of foundational Bay Area rock bands (Santana was one) as well as a concert venue. For a kid who lived in a ballpark & begged his food money, standing in the alley behind the theater to listen to this #### was high entertainment. I was a good sneak but couldnt find my way inside, however. One day, though, the alley door opened and this fuzzy-headed dude stepped out. He saw me, we struck up a conversation and, when he heard i was sitting out there just to listen to the music, he invited me in. He told me to come out front & ask in if i heard them playing. I did, from then on. That was Elvin Bishop, he was working with the great Jo Baker then, and them was some lovely afternoons.

he seems to have a thing for cow songs
I must have seen him a dozen times back in the early 70s. My favorite band second only to the Allmans I was heavily into the southern rock thing back then. He was also in the Butterfield Blues band another great band. I think my favorite tune was Stealin Watermelons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLRsXviS2o

It's really good. I'm on loop #3, nay 4. I thought of you immediately the first time I heard it.
Oh yeah, I was just able to get a hold of it. You know I dig it. I bet otb would, too. Got plenty of that rockabilly swing in it.  Love it around 2:10 in when the guitar kicks in and he come back with the chorus. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread