What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan

I had not heard this one in a while, and it just popped up on my auto-crawl in YouTube.

Its better than I remember...

We sail through endless skies
Stars shine like eyes
The black night sighs

The moon in silver trees
Falls down in tears
Light of the night

The earth, a purple blaze
Of sapphire haze
In orbit always

While down below the trees
Bathed in cool breeze
Silver starlight breaks down from night

And so we pass on by the crimson eye
Of great god mars
As we travel the universe

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrs Eephus is playing "A Message to You, Rudy" by the Specials in the kitchen.  She's singing along but I can't tell if she's dancing or not.

wait a sec... is this new DCD? 

was a big fan back innaday. saw them a couple times I think.
Yes they released it late last year LP called Dionysus .  Started listening to them in the early 90s thought the lead singer sounded like Jim Morrison.  My wife can't stand them so if I want a little alone time I just stick them on the stereo.

i got home tonight from my buddys funeral and stopped on the way and got a 12 of miller lite sat in the garage for a while and figured what in the hell i would see him at gyms all the time when he was there to see his grandkids play and i was there too so i got out a flat bball thinking about him and how he was a great fn guy and f cancer again and i put on some toots and the maytails in my car left the doors open in the garage and used it as a big radio and shot some buckets in my sunday suit im sure it made the niehgbors mad but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do be good to eachother bromigos take that to the bank 

i got home tonight from my buddys funeral and stopped on the way and got a 12 of miller lite sat in the garage for a while and figured what in the hell i would see him at gyms all the time when he was there to see his grandkids play and i was there too so i got out a flat bball thinking about him and how he was a great fn guy and f cancer again and i put on some toots and the maytails in my car left the doors open in the garage and used it as a big radio and shot some buckets in my sunday suit im sure it made the niehgbors mad but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do be good to eachother bromigos take that to the bank 
I wanted to say GB to a GB last night, but was struck by keyboard fright. Love you, pal, and sorry for your loss. I love Toots and moved him to front of the record bin for my favorite laroosh, you hear? Let the Pressure Drop. GB, GB.  

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Dave Brubeck - 👍

Glad you came here - I wanted ya to see my 2nd RL Burnside vid - in it, there is a great scene from the Wild Ones (we was just talkin bout in you thread).

The scene starts here...if my link don't work right, it is at the 2:53 mark.

See the movie!!!!!!!
I will check it out after I finish this video breaking down the Morello solo- Brubeck's drummer was fire. 

I will check it out after I finish this video breaking down the Morello solo- Brubeck's drummer was fire.
This vid was great too. Do we have any thread here that cover this theme: STUDY THE GREATS?

If not, we should.

Listening to the 2nd link, I know very little about RL other than he was an old school blues guy. I assume this track was put together by a producer or did he actually embrace this modern style late in life? It's great- reminds of the Sopranos theme or something by the Kills. 
Excellent analysis.

From this link: On The Flip-Side - Song of the Week: "It's Bad You Know", R.L. Burnside

...Fat Possum Records signed Burnside and recorded a number of albums with the aging farmer/bluesman. Then, around the late 90's, musician John Spencer did a pilgrimage to Burnside's musical backyard and recorded an album with him entitled ### Pocket Full of Whiskey. Burnside's hypnotic hill country blues, by now electrified, was a strange but intriguing mix with Spencer's more avant garde punk inflected style. More young, white blues enthusiasts were now sitting at Burnside's feet. Namely, Akron, Ohio's The Black Keys who were picking up on Burnside's catchy melodies and heavy riffs.

The next time Burnside sauntered into the studio, the lads at Fat Possum had a radical idea...totally rethink the blues and market to this new punk/blues crowd that looked to the quiet farmer from Holly Springs as their disciple. The affable Burnside was up for it and, with his young grandson Cedric and long time guitarist Kenny Brown, he laid down some hard core hill country blues.  The producers and engineers then broke it all down and built it back up. The result, like the record, was mixed...and the reception was the same. Then, just as it seemed like the experiment may have failed, another funny thing happened, the cats on the Class-A show, The Sopranos, picked up one of the songs from the album and featured it prominently in one of their episodes. Suddenly, at 60+ years of age, Burnside had a new audience. Suddenly he was a badge of hipness for the PBR drinking, trucker-hat hipsters that were in constant search for the next cool thing. Burnside was as hip as a western shirt with snap buttons, Pabst Blue Ribbon from a can, and tattoos of Betty Paige.

The song in question is It's Bad You Know and it breathed new life into Burnside's strange, meandering career. You may not like it. You may think it is blasphemy. Me? I love it. I find it to be a wonderful new take on a still fresh musical standard. I listen to and I think to myself, well, well, well. Burnside died about 2 years ago. I never got to see him. Dang.

Let My Baby Ride is really great too
The dancin' in the vid is my favs. 🙂

Sweet. I was just talkin to wikkid about my love of jazz. I am not very knowledgeable about history and details, but I know I like it - I like this. Really mellow - it remind me of a '70s Charlie Brown TV show soundtrack - that = good in my book! Or, of a rainy night I spent in Philly by myself 👍 

Last night I heard Lara Raines and the Cesars from the motor city. It was a free event on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. Bluesy and R&B. A little bit of Aretha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBR3HNE5KvQ
Very nice! Soul / R&B - Detroit = great!

Now, this just popped up on my youtube-y auto --- it's in a different direction - not sure how popular this is round here, but I posted it b4 - few years ago I believe - but, I love the intensity of this Elvis Costello cover...by....Elvis Costello...and ---

Fiona Apple & Elvis Costello "I Want You"

Sweet. I was just talkin to wikkid about my love of jazz. I am not very knowledgeable about history and details, but I know I like it - I like this. Really mellow - it remind me of a '70s Charlie Brown TV show soundtrack - that = good in my book! Or, of a rainy night I spent in Philly by myself 👍 
I am nowhere near as knowledgeable about jazz as I am rock but at this point in my life, I find jazz much more interesting than rock. 

I am nowhere near as knowledgeable about jazz as I am rock but at this point in my life, I find jazz much more interesting than rock. 
Yeah - me too.

I'm a pretty poor guitarist, but I do try. I've found over the years, that I play better to jazz...the free-er the form & the more improvisin', the better I do.

Jazz seems like a conversation to me, rather than a "score" to follow or a "mark" to hit. If I flub a note, no problem - for me - the greats, however, well, they don't flub - they poet-i-fy.  It's so amazing to me.

Bernadette, they want you because of the pride that gives
But Bernadette, I want you because I need you to live

and

I'll tell the world you belong to me
I'll tell the world, you're the soul of me
I'll tell the world you're a part of me

and

Bernadette -You're the soul of me
On that dream, you're a friend to me
And Bernadette, you mean more to me
Than a woman was ever meant to be

Always make my spine tingle - don't really know why - combination of sounds and lyrics ??? 

Regardless - love the song, Bink. 👍

It is amazing how computers and music can work together 
/So true. I got my first computer in '82 - a Texas Instrument TI 99 - one of the 1st things I bought was a music composition program - reaaaly crapppy by today's standards, but man - I ran the F outta it.  Great fun.

Now, since I've been rolling all over topics prolly not truly related to this thread, I have another tangent.

What I like about this thread is all the different music that I would not find or listen to on my own...I feel like this guy - the joy of being exposed to something new and different.

Note: Vid really isn't music - more about experiencing something good for the 1st time.

Users who are viewing this thread