What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (2 Viewers)

If it was the more than six words in a song title draft (typing that out clarifies what ####### dorks we are), it was this. I still stand by them being one of the best and most consistent bands of the last 30 years...and one of the most underappreciated.
That's what it was. Indeed. 

You are correct. There were 4. Automatically omit Just Like Heaven  :P
There were five or six as I recall.

I was high though.

Googled...five... “Shake Dog Shake”, “A Forest”, “Love Song”, “Just Like Heaven”, and “Boys Don’t Cry”

If it was the more than six words in a song title draft (typing that out clarifies what ####### dorks we are), it was this. I still stand by them being one of the best and most consistent bands of the last 30 years...and one of the most underappreciated.
That was the best draft I've ever had. I still listen to that playlist all the time. 

Dawn with Sleepless Eyes

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the best draft I've ever had. I still listen to that playlist all the time. 

Dawn with Sleepless Eyes
nice! that's right- you put a bunch of jazz in there... that had a really nice flow and vibe to it.

lol- mine was really all over the place from the usual loud guitar post/punk/garage stuff to classical piano...I completely forgot that I had it playlisted too. and yeah- might be some of my favorite tunes ever for a draft top to bottom. I think I may have won longest song title for that death grips tune. 

nice! that's right- you put a bunch of jazz in there... that had a really nice flow and vibe to it.

lol- mine was really all over the place from the usual loud guitar post/punk/garage stuff to classical piano...I completely forgot that I had it playlisted too. and yeah- might be some of my favorite tunes ever for a draft top to bottom. I think I may have won longest song title for that death grips tune. 
Yeah, had a vision for a breakup playlist even though it’s been YEARS since I went through a tough breakup and I don’t really  want a breakup but I suppose it’s nice to have the option. 

:hifive:

ya know, over in Doc Oc's Stones thread you mentioned that your favorite Brit bands from that era were the Kinks and the Who - making it even more surprising that it took you this long to come around to the Jam - their entire catalogue is nothing if not direct homage to both aforementioned groups, soaked in the punk aesthetic and rinsed with pure Brit/Mod power pop sensibilities - Weller was never bashful about wearing those influences on his sleeve ... then came Style Council, which saw him diversify even more ... adopting a soulful, Motown-esque stance.  he is the greatest player to emerge from that era, and deserves so much more love and recognition - the ModFather, indeed ...

:hifive:

ya know, over in Doc Oc's Stones thread you mentioned that your favorite Brit bands from that era were the Kinks and the Who - making it even more surprising that it took you this long to come around to the Jam - their entire catalogue is nothing if not direct homage to both aforementioned groups, soaked in the punk aesthetic and rinsed with pure Brit/Mod power pop sensibilities - Weller was never bashful about wearing those influences on his sleeve ... then came Style Council, which saw him diversify even more ... adopting a soulful, Motown-esque stance.  he is the greatest player to emerge from that era, and deserves so much more love and recognition - the ModFather, indeed ...
Yeah, you know, you're pretty much right from what I can tell. Sometimes absent a really clearly thought-out assessment of the music, one just misses things. wikkid helped me figure out why I disliked the song Angie the other day. I knew I hated it, I just didn't have the critical chops (partially due to when I came of age, really) to really contextualize it and place it in mawkish Jagger territory.

But back to your point: As for The Jam, I think Weller wore The Who influences on his sleeves on songs that I hadn't really heard and therefore, the late adoption of the group.

Like Away From The Numbers reminds me so much of A Quick One... . If I'd ever really heard Away From The Numbers in that context, I think I would have appreciated it at a much younger age. But better late than never.   

Was driving to work today and the morning radio show went to commercial.

So I fired up Can't Find My Way Home from Blind Faith and it fit my mood perfectly.

*Cue Office Space case of the Mondays reference...

I'm somehow on an 80's New Wave kick and finding some good songs I hadn't heard before.

Ballerina Out Of Control by The Ocean Blue

Diamonds by Heavy Rain (AKA Heavy Rain London)

Head On by The Jesus and Mary Chain (vaguely remember that one)

Total Recall by The Sound

A Way by The Bolshoi

Everywhere I Go - The Call (another I vaguely remember, but really like)

Last edited by a moderator:
New album out for Collective Soul - Blood. They pretty sound like they always have going back to the 90's, but still enjoy them after all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread