What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Christmas Presents for the FBG Wives (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Obviously they're all rich supermodels and 10s and so really don't need much, but thought I'd ask anyway.  What is everyone getting for the wives?  Mine has been awesome this year and I really want to do something nice.  Curious to hear suggestions/ideas based on what others are doing.

OT

I did the day of beauty.  It is a 8 to 9 hour day at the spa.  3 different massages, hair, makeup, pedicure, manicure, lunch, wine and a lot of other #### during the day.   edit to add here it is:

• 55 Minute Body Mask (Body Polish is included within Body Mask Treatment
  • 85 Minute Swedish Massage
  • 30 Minute Revitalizing Scalp Treatment Add-on
  • 85 Minute Customized Facial
  • A spa lunch for your enjoyment will be provided during your stay at the spa
Maybe she will get a happy ending?  I dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the day of beauty.  It is a 8 to 9 hour day at the spa.  3 different massages, hair, makeup, pedicure, manicure, lunch, wine and a lot of other #### during the day.   edit to add here it is:

• 55 Minute Body Mask (Body Polish is included within Body Mask Treatment
  • 85 Minute Swedish Massage
  • 30 Minute Revitalizing Scalp Treatment Add-on
  • 85 Minute Customized Facial
  • A spa lunch for your enjoyment will be provided during your stay at the spa
Maybe she will get a happy ending?  I dunno
This sounds exhausting

Lots of romantics in here I see. 

Mine actually mentioned some months ago she thinks it would be great to have some gym equipment in the basement and specifically mentioned that Peloton spin cycle thing that's always pummeling me with advertising on FB.  I was thinking about that last night. I bet she'd like it, but there's a chance it just becomes a $2k coat rack. I'm also a little concerned about the message such a gift sends.

Last year I went with diamond earrings which were a big hit. This year she wants cabinets built in our mud room so I'm doing that which is costing more than the earrings so not sure how much else I will be getting her.

How about you get her some Hamilton tix?

Got my wife a Google Home. She is technologically challenged, and slowly losing her eyesight. Hoping to set up more and more things with voice automation for her down the road. 

Mine actually mentioned some months ago she thinks it would be great to have some gym equipment in the basement and specifically mentioned that Peloton spin cycle thing that's always pummeling me with advertising on FB.  I was thinking about that last night. I bet she'd like it, but there's a chance it just becomes a $2k coat rack. I'm also a little concerned about the message such a gift sends.
In addition to the 2k you have to buy the classes. It's like paying for a gym membership after you bought the equipment for them. 

Planning a nice night on the town for her.  Dinner at babbo,  wine bar beforehand,  babysitter taken care of.  I know you have a bunch of kids like me so it's hard to get out much these days.   Hoping others come up with some ideas I can use too.  The spa one is always good...but I've done it a lot. 

We don't do gifts for each other, instead we always go on vacation to Cancun for the week of New Years. I know that's not always possible, but definitely recommend a shared gift like that even if it's just an expensive night out. So much better than buying stuff just to buy stuff.

We don't do gifts for each other, instead we always go on vacation to Cancun for the week of New Years. I know that's not always possible, but definitely recommend a shared gift like that even if it's just an expensive night out. So much better than buying stuff just to buy stuff.
This is the same for us.  No gift + family vacation. Going to the Dominican Republic this year.  Did Cancun last year.  Our anniversary is also near Christmas, so this takes care of both,

One of my wife's friends just got the Peloton and loves it. They come to your house, set it all up for you, show you how it works, make the adjustments, hold your hand, etc. Reeks of overpay to me.

I went with a Zwift setup instead after reading this article in Outside Mag. Its more like a virtual bike race/ride instead of a virtual spin class. I paid about $650 total for the equipment (bike, trainer, mat, iphone holder) and its another $10/mo for the service/app. I cant give any first-hand review since I havent used it yet, but @proninja gave it his approval.

eta- it runs in iPhone now so be need for dedicated PC. AirPlay to big screen or direct connect with HDMI.

Le Creuset stuffs.

The Peloton is on the list.. I don't like the subscription for it though so I'm leaning "no".  

This is where I said no.. the thing is apparently useless without the subscription.
I read that too.  Truthfully, if she actually uses it, I don't mind the subscription.  No different from a gym membership etc.  

Which is actually another interesting idea.  There is this fancy new "Lifetime Fitness" gym that just opened by our house.  It's not just a gym, it's this massive fitness center with a pool and all sorts of amenities, a day care type thing if you want to bring your kids, etc.  She's really been shut in for a while with all these rug rats running around, and is always complaining that she'd love to get back to working out.  The place is a small fortune but maybe worth it if only for her peace of mind.  We can apparently get a family membership; FatOtis will never use it, but that's fine.  Maybe more practical/useful than the hyper expensive bike in the basement.

Hmm.

I read that too.  Truthfully, if she actually uses it, I don't mind the subscription.  No different from a gym membership etc.  

Which is actually another interesting idea.  There is this fancy new "Lifetime Fitness" gym that just opened by our house.  It's not just a gym, it's this massive fitness center with a pool and all sorts of amenities, a day care type thing if you want to bring your kids, etc.  She's really been shut in for a while with all these rug rats running around, and is always complaining that she'd love to get back to working out.  The place is a small fortune but maybe worth it if only for her peace of mind.  We can apparently get a family membership; FatOtis will never use it, but that's fine.  Maybe more practical/useful than the hyper expensive bike in the basement.

Hmm.
We are members at Lifetime.  They are awesome.  We use that all the time.  Do that for your family. :yes:

And she has a Crossfit membership she hasn't used in 3 months.

And a "Gladiator" boot camp in a church parking lot near here that she goes to once every other week.

And we own every Beach Body program that exists.  Last used circa 2011.

The Peloton is crossing the line for me.. not only would it not get used (maybe I would use it?), but I'd have to see it not get used everyday and it would remind me everyday that we are paying for it monthly.  I try to pretend like the other stuff isn't real.

You mean well by the exercise stuff, but its a dangerous gift move that will probably be taken the wrong way. If not by her, then her family or friends. 

Lifetime covers that by being a "club" on top of the gym.  Cafe, spa, haircuts, huge pools and water slides for the kids (ITS FOR THE KIDS HONEY), daycare for the kids while your wife works out... etc.

The daycare paid for itself when my kids were little.. kids loved it there and we would work out all the time for that reason alone.

Hmm.
Throw in some personal training sessions along with the membership, add some expensive jewelry and you are half done shopping for her.

Bought my wife a new house, a new $42K minivan, a new washer and dryer, new refrigerator, new furniture for the living room, new furniture for the basement, curtains, a vacuum cleaner and a new TV.

OK, who am I kidding, the TV was for me.

Oh, and a MyPillow.  Damn things are expensive.

If that's your budget, women always seem to like a high end handbag.

We do Vegas for our anniversary every year. Way better then buying each other crap we don't need.

Last year I went with diamond earrings which were a big hit. This year she wants cabinets built in our mud room so I'm doing that which is costing more than the earrings so not sure how much else I will be getting her.

How about you get her some Hamilton tix?
Can you tell me more about lifetime?  The big draw for me is the "kids academy" that lets my wife go workout/do the spa for up to two hours each visit. Are they good/use it/your kids like it?  You guys trust leaving your kids there? It's 50 bucks a month for each kid, but if it gets Mrs. O some freedom and sanity, seems well worth it.

i just computed on an annual basis and for my whole family I'm looking at like $4k :shock:  

that said, hell, maybe it will convince even fat Otis to get in there and work out on occasion. I'd gladly pay 4K to be handsome again. 

Oats 

Users who are viewing this thread