What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Office Space (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
Would have preferred to post in the already existing thread for the 1999 classic movie, but alas, archived.

Anyway, I was watching it this afternoon for the thousandth time, and noticed that just prior to the scene where Peter and Lawrence talk about what they'd do with a million dollars (spoiler: 2 chicks at the same time), Judge does a quick exterior shot of Peter's apartment complex.  The name of the complex?  Morningwood

I chortled ... 

Still the greatest movie ever made.

Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the ### #### customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

We're going thru an acquisition and are thru Week 5 of 8 weeks of consultants...and have been quoting the Two Bobs and Co relentlessly...some of the younger crowd doesn't get it, which makes it even better.

We're going thru an acquisition and are thru Week 5 of 8 weeks of consultants...and have been quoting the Two Bobs and Co relentlessly...some of the younger crowd doesn't get it, which makes it even better.
Consultants are usually just so ####### useless

Would have preferred to post in the already existing thread for the 1999 classic movie, but alas, archived.

Anyway, I was watching it this afternoon for the thousandth time, and noticed that just prior to the scene where Peter and Lawrence talk about what they'd do with a million dollars (spoiler: 2 chicks at the same time), Judge does a quick exterior shot of Peter's apartment complex.  The name of the complex?  Morningwood

I chortled ... 
Not sure if that was the real name but it was filmed in a complex in north Austin.  Opening scene in traffic was also filmed in Austin.  I think the majority of the film, though, was filmed in Dallas.

I once worked for a boss named Bob. There was also a head of the audit committee whose name was Bob. So yes, I did get to tell people I've got a meeting with the Bobs.

"Hey Peter, watch your cornhole"

msudaisy26 said:
How has no one mentioned the stapler yet?
Swingline did not make a red stapler at the time.  The production designer painted it red so it would pop in the scene and be easily noticed it was Milton's when it was spotted elsewhere in the Initech office.

Fans of the movie started painting staplers red and giving them as gifts or selling them on eBay at big markup.  Once Swingline noticed a black market of red staplers existed, they added a SKU of red staplers to their line.  

gump said:
That guy in the bullpen named Michael Bolton is gonna be pissed when he tells the Bobs he's a fan and gets laid off anyway.

My favorite bit of trivia about this movie is that it was inspired by the 1853 Herman Melville short story "Bartleby The Scrivener" (which was one of the first works of literature to be based around an office setting).

http://www.bartleby.com/129/

My favorite bit of trivia about this movie is that it was inspired by the 1853 Herman Melville short story "Bartleby The Scrivener" (which was one of the first works of literature to be based around an office setting).

http://www.bartleby.com/129/
Nobody ever notices when I say "I would prefer not to" at work... but they do catch the Office Space references, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread