What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did Anyone Survive Bell? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Know-It-All

Footballguy
Surprisingly the Bell owner in one league might actually lose this week - despite having Brady, Bell, Sanders and a huge day from Dansby.  Guess that will teach him not to play Julio Jones when he is hurt.  Every other league I am in has the Bell owner advancing easily.  Just curious if Bell will be the type who can singlehandedly win a championship.

Almost did. So far Bell has over half his points and (70 / 138) with Smiff still active. If I'd started Hill on Thursday I'd have him beat

Guy who has Bell in our league didn't even make the playoffs but he can probably thank AR15 and Hopkins for that. 

Had a 3 seed, playing a 6 seed who I out-scored by 220 on the year. Lost by 5 when Bell put up 50+

Painful....even more so when my QB was Carr.

I'm in a 2-week semi-final against the Bell team. And after week 1 I'm up 7 points. Fortunately the Bell team didn't really have any other standout performances. And while I didn't have any great scores, I got a bunch of guys in the 10-20 range (Luck, DJohnson, LMurray, OBJ, Hilton, Kelce).

No worries if you own Bell, sets up for a average game on the road in Cincy after that game. 120 and a TD.

In one league, I lost by 18 to the Bell owner, I would have won if I played Matt Ryan over Brees.  I don't fault my decision since I knew Julio and Sanu were both out.   Also didn't help when Melvin Gordon went down early and got only 1/2 point from him.

Bell owner in my league lost after waiting on Julio and Michael Thomas without backup options (not really sure why he put himself in that position, especially when it seemed obvious Julio would be out at least).  So he got 2 zeros in his lineup and lost by 21

League 1: Bell owner finished 6-8 and did not make the playoffs.

League 2: Bell owner was the 6 seed and crushed the 3 seed 130-86.

That 2nd league is a yahoo league. I finished as the 2 seed and had a bye. In the first round the 6 seed beat the 3 seed and the 5 seed beat the 4 seed. I would expect that the 1 seed would play the 6 seed and as the 2 seed i would play the 5 seed. Just looked at yahoo and it has me matched up with the 6 seed (Bell team) for week 15. How does that happen? 

League 1: Bell owner finished 6-8 and did not make the playoffs.

League 2: Bell owner was the 6 seed and crushed the 3 seed 130-86.

That 2nd league is a yahoo league. I finished as the 2 seed and had a bye. In the first round the 6 seed beat the 3 seed and the 5 seed beat the 4 seed. I would expect that the 1 seed would play the 6 seed and as the 2 seed i would play the 5 seed. Just looked at yahoo and it has me matched up with the 6 seed (Bell team) for week 15. How does that happen? 
Brackets.  No reseed.  I have the same thing.  Both my 5 and 6 won.  In theory the 3 &4 win they play the 1&2.  Bracket and no re-seed option

Brackets.  No reseed.  I have the same thing.  Both my 5 and 6 won.  In theory the 3 &4 win they play the 1&2.  Bracket and no re-seed option
Well that's dumb. Yes i don't want to face Bell in the 2nd round. My team is smoke and mirrors anyways. I did beat the Bell team twice this year though.

I ended up winning by 2 points in my FFPC league despite my top scorer (Eifert) getting less than half of what Bell got.  It was a real team victory.  Proud of the boys.

Bell owner here. I did not need Bell to win. Had Bell been a healthy scratch I would have won by about 30 points (184-83). Yeah, my opponent had no chance but his roster moves were head scratching (who would play Cobb ahead of Adams?)

I could have sworn I remember reading that in Yahoo standard leagues, there is re-seeding after the first round. Maybe your league's commissioner set it up so that there is no re-seeding where the #1 team wouldn't play the lowest remaining playoff squad?

I could have sworn I remember reading that in Yahoo standard leagues, there is re-seeding after the first round. Maybe your league's commissioner set it up so that there is no re-seeding where the #1 team wouldn't play the lowest remaining playoff squad?
Yahoo league here. We do not have reseeding either. I remember last year I was the 1 and played the 3 even though the 5 beat the 4 round one. So round 2 was: 1 vs 3, 2 vs 5. I lost, would have beaten the 5. 

Yahoo league here. We do not have reseeding either. I remember last year I was the 1 and played the 3 even though the 5 beat the 4 round one. So round 2 was: 1 vs 3, 2 vs 5. I lost, would have beaten the 5. 
I actually looked this up on Sunday because the #2 seed (first round bye) in my league got hurt feelings when he realized that he wouldn't be playing the #6 seed who upset the #3 seed. He really wanted to play the #6 seed (obviously), and would be playing him if we did not re-seed. I thought I was reading Yahoo standard rules correctly, but there is a very likely chance I misread. Do you think that your league's settings in this aspect were modified by the commissioner?

I looked at set up and playoff reseeding is set to NO.

Oh well. Not how i would have done things but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread