What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bilal Powell vs. Matt Forte (1 Viewer)

With the Jets having NOTHING to play for,why would they even risk trying to play Forte even if he's questionable....It's supposed to be bad weather Sat night,so I don't see the Jets trying to rush Forte back! Even if Forte played I wouldn't trust him in my line-up with so much at stake. Powell will have 25 or so touches in this game and will be the focal point of the Jets O this week in bad weather and will be a  Solid RB 1 this week against Miami's crappy run Def.. He should have 5-6 catches too! 

With the Jets having NOTHING to play for,why would they even risk trying to play Forte even if he's questionable....
I doubt Forte is in the Jets long term plans so I don't think they'd be risking anything. With that said I do not think he will play anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Jets having NOTHING to play for,why would they even risk trying to play Forte even if he's questionable....It's supposed to be bad weather Sat night,so I don't see the Jets trying to rush Forte back! Even if Forte played I wouldn't trust him in my line-up with so much at stake. Powell will have 25 or so touches in this game and will be the focal point of the Jets O this week in bad weather and will be a  Solid RB 1 this week against Miami's crappy run Def.. He should have 5-6 catches too! 
My thoughts as well. I wonder what the JETS will do in week 16 & 17? I play in one league where week 17 counts. Always looking for the one sneaky play. Could it be Powell from here on out? Still waiting to hear what the JETS tell us about Forte. Powell is getting Mid RB #1 love this week. How can you beat that if you're hurting at RB?

Powell has looked really good for 2 yrs now...his lack of use is really mind boggling....I'm pretty sure Forte will be on the team next year as his contract is guaranteed 2 yrs...but I think it's time for Powell to take the lead role in that backfield....the knock on him has always been he couldn't hold up as a #1 RB with so many carries.....well he looked good last week....what better time to try him as a feature back for a few weeks to see if he holds up....all being equal I'm going with Powell even if Forte plays....although it is the Jets we are talking about here so anything can happen!!!

I doubt Forte is in the Jets long term plans so I don't think they'd be risking anything. With that said I do think he will play anyway.
Forte might not want to risk playing either,and RISK making his injury much worse.Especially if it means him playing another 2 years or so and wanting to be able to sign with another team..Teams don't want an aging back coming off a bad injury(If he played and really messes up his knee)Forte has nothing to prove by playing in a bad weather game...Forte himself might be fine with sitting out also and milking his injury...He's getting paid if he plays or not.So why would he risk making his injury worse...The MRI results were already done.If they came back negative,I think they would of stated he was fine already. NO WAY Forte plays this week. keep wishing,you can tell someone forgot to handcuff Forte.

Forte might not want to risk playing either,and RISK making his injury much worse.Especially if it means him playing another 2 years or so and wanting to be able to sign with another team..Teams don't want an aging back coming off a bad injury(If he played and really messes up his knee)Forte has nothing to prove by playing in a bad weather game...Forte himself might be fine with sitting out also and milking his injury...He's getting paid if he plays or not.So why would he risk making his injury worse...The MRI results were already done.If they came back negative,I think they would of stated he was fine already. NO WAY Forte plays this week. keep wishing,you can tell someone forgot to handcuff Forte.
I actually edited my statement into something I didn't mean. I left out the word "not". I do NOT think he will play.

I don't own Forte or Powell anywhere. I am (unfortunately) a Jets fan. I actually hope they release Forte during the offseason and give the job to Powell and a late round rookie.

I am (unfortunately) a Jets fan. I actually hope they release Forte during the offseason and give the job to Powell and a late round rookie.

I can ser the Jets making Forte a future year (June 1) cut. That will allow them to spread the cap hit across 2 seasons and it would allow Forte the chance to play for a ring somewhere else. I believe there is a mechanism in place in the CBA that allows for a very limited number of future year cuts to be done early to accomodate a situation like this. 

I would think the opposite.  I don't see Forte as their future so they don't worry about running him.  Also, as a Powell owner I want Forte to play.  I don't have faith that Powell can carry the full load.  I would completely happy with 20 touches.  I think hoping for 30+ touches isn't a good thing.

Another update on Forte per rotoworld:

Matt Forte's MRI earlier this week revealed a torn meniscus in his knee.
Forte suspects he's been playing with it all season and still hopes to play Saturday night against the Dolphins. With the Jets' season over, there's no reason for Forte to play unless he has playing-time incentives or yardage-based perks built into his contract. Bilal Powell is tentatively expected to start.

IF Forte is active does anyone have the juevos to start Powell...decoy be damned? 

IF Forte is active does anyone have the juevos to start Powell...decoy be damned? 
I think Powell is a great start! One, he's fresh. Two, he's pretty darn good rusher and receiver. Three, Forte's injury with Meniscus crunch doesn't bode well regardless. Four, might as well see what Powell can do. Five, since he's fresh he can be a workload back and touch the ball 30 times. I see him as a solid RB #2 with upside. Now, will I start him over Ware, Blount Flex), or Coleman's matchup? I also have to look at next week when making these decisions because this particular league we don't have a bench. I would give Powell the nod over Coleman this week. Powell > Ware - probably.

LOL I have that same dilemma in another league too...
Miller always seems to get hurt and banged up during games...If Forte sits,Powell will be the focal point of the Jets O,in a bad weather game. Plus Powell has fresh legs which is a big plus compared to a breaking down Miller has been nicked up! Miami has a much worse Run Def than Jacksonville too. I'm using Powell in my flex over Moncrief,Inman,M Thomas,JJ Nelson and Farrow. My 2 starting RB's are Johnson and Bell,so obviously I can't start him at RB. I see Powell getting 25-30 touches in this bad weather game! and maybe 5-7 receptions as well. Miller hasn't caught more than 3 balls in a game all year! Powell has caught more than 5 passes in 5 games this year in limited action. I don't even think it's close. You start Powell

Forte practiced yesterday, albeit limited. That means he'll likely play. He's a pretty tough sob. 

As much as I love this guy, for selfish reasons I would not have minded seeing him miss this game. 

Based on the news that Forte may play, I subbed out Powell for Rawles.  :X
I have both in addition to Ajayi and Miller. We start 1 RB and 2 flex so I have the opportunity to start 3 of the 4. Ajayi was the no brainer IMO so I was left with Powell, Miller and Rawls for the flex options. I ended up sitting Rawls last night (whew!).

Miller always seems to get hurt and banged up during games...If Forte sits,Powell will be the focal point of the Jets O,in a bad weather game. Plus Powell has fresh legs which is a big plus compared to a breaking down Miller has been nicked up! Miami has a much worse Run Def than Jacksonville too. I'm using Powell in my flex over Moncrief,Inman,M Thomas,JJ Nelson and Farrow. My 2 starting RB's are Johnson and Bell,so obviously I can't start him at RB. I see Powell getting 25-30 touches in this bad weather game! and maybe 5-7 receptions as well. Miller hasn't caught more than 3 balls in a game all year! Powell has caught more than 5 passes in 5 games this year in limited action. I don't even think it's close. You start Powell
Provided Forte sits. It's a MUCH more difficult decision if Forte is playing

If Forte plays I have to decide between Powell and Kelley for flex in PPR. The Jets are one of those teams that handles situations like this very stupidly, so I have no confidence Powell will get great use if Forte is in.

Looks like Jets have a ton of iffy guys, could end up with Forte active simply because you can dress 45. 

Forte practiced yesterday, albeit limited. That means he'll likely play. He's a pretty tough sob. 
He wasn't a tough SOB last week, that is for sure. Sat his butt on the bench in the 1st quarter. So if we was really that injured from a meniscus injury, he won't be playing tonight. Torn meniscus doesn't heal in a week.

He wasn't a tough SOB last week, that is for sure. Sat his butt on the bench in the 1st quarter. So if we was really that injured from a meniscus injury, he won't be playing tonight. Torn meniscus doesn't heal in a week.
It's been reported that it's been torn most of this season

It's been reported that it's been torn most of this season
Tough to play well on a torn meniscus and if the flap cracks again and gets into a joint it can be bothersome. Yes, I did it and felt like I had a bad wheel. Now, cleaned up, I cannot even recall what knee it was. Wonder how AP will perform? Well...I still favor Powell big time over Forte. The question most have is where does Powell rank compared to other choices? I see him right around 10-15 overall by most experts and 15-20 by the pundits. He has RB #1 upside - that we know for sure!

Yeah. Not as tough as you, for sure. 

Have to choose two between Ware,  Powell, and JStew.  Have Powell and Stew in now.  Keep going back and forth on Powell and Ware. 

I'm still starting Powell in PPR, but I don't have a ton of better options. I've read multiple articles claiming that the Jets are going to let Powell be the lead back this week whether Forte is active or not. Plus the Jets have a lot of players that were questionable, so Forte may be active in name only. I definitely would have rather seen Forte sit out, but it's too late for me to turn back now; I'm rolling with Powell.

Have to decide between Powell and Michael Thomas in PPR. I thought my decision was made, but an active Forte has me second guessing a bit.

Wow, didn't expect to be back this week at all.  Still expect Powell to get the most touches, right?  Forte remains on the bench for me.

We're all going to end up sitting Powell  now, and of course he'll go off now and Forte will warm the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread