What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenneth Farrow (1 Viewer)

packer_junkie

Footballguy
Reading about this guy in almost every thread right now-- figured Id start his own...

Is he Hightower? Or is he worthless? Anyone have video of his runs from last week? Is his pass pro as bad as they say?

Is Hillman gonna be involved?

Where are we slotting this guy next two weeks with NICE match ups on paper vs Oakland and Cleveland!!!

Compare him to meddling rb2 types like ware, dixon, rawls, Jennings, Gurley, etc. 

I think he is good from a volume standpoint and their opposing schedule.  However, I don't believe we have seen anywhere close to enough to make a determination on his skill level.

I ended up with him on one of my teams. I just watched every snap of last weeks game and am not impressed with his quickness or agility. He is more a bruiser style which can still score in a pinch. I would draw comparisons to Asiata or J. Hill or Alfred Morris. He is an effective between the tackles runner with good size and decent speed, but looks really slow, like he is following a checklist catching passes out of the backfield. He's defiantly a decent start vs Oak if he gets the full workload though.

Anyone rolling with him this week? I have him in over Mathews as of now. Juicy matchup against Cleveland, but not too optimistic based on last week...

This guy blows. I'm so bummed I actually got him on my WW and started him over West. Had I not gotten him, I would have played west and Dixon and I'd be in the big dance. I know I know  :ptts:

Of course I'm going against him in another league this week and so hoping he stinks it up again...

I started him in place of Riddick last week and he was a huge disappointment. Got the volume I expected but didn't look good at all despite the plus matchup (Raiders' run D has been giving up 5 YPC past several games). If Riddick is out again this week I may consider Farrow but will probably look elsewhere despite the great matchup.

Good news if you want to start him this week is the matchup is another very good one and the volume again should be there. Hillman has a role but even after fumbling late Farrow still was the lead RB so McCoy didn't bench him. I'd consider that a huge positive for him. But again, he just did next to nothing with all the touches he got. Volume should give him a floor of 5-7 points or so and there's TD potential due to the matchup but again I'll be looking elsewhere if Riddick's out again this week. 

I have in as my flex in my finals match up right now in ppr.  I could swap him out with Crowell or R Anderson if Gordon winds up playing.  Not super excited but the match up is very good.

I pulled him and wouldn't start him again.  Almost cost me the week.  He had the volume but man is he an awful rb.  Good luck to those that do...I think he is inline for another 30 yards and a fumble

You can literally put any wr in and he'll get you 2 catches for 30 yards

I pulled him and wouldn't start him again.  Almost cost me the week.  He had the volume but man is he an awful rb.  Good luck to those that do...I think he is inline for another 30 yards and a fumble

You can literally put any wr in and he'll get you 2 catches for 30 yards
Literally?

This guy is not very good at football. We see why he went undrafted and why McCoy may be out of a job.

This guy is not very good at football. We see why he went undrafted and why McCoy may be out of a job.
lol Yup pretty much. I dont know too much about him, but figured where there is opportunity there is potential...
He was really pretty bad vs OAK. Hed have to really show me something before I would willfully start him again. 

Was just coming here to check opinions on him.  I've got one Flex spot left and thinking that I will break out Derrick Henry for the first time this season  after watching Farrow's awful performance against the Raiders. Think I would start Henry or Dion Lewis over this guy despite the matchup and lead-back potential.  I'm also thinking it would be very San Diego Charger-like  to blow this game and be the first team to lose to the Browns. Nah that couldn't happen now....

This. He was a poor start last week and would be an even worse start this week. I have a hard time believing most teams don't have better options on their bench or waiver wire.

Here's hoping the fact that Farrow sucks and Cleveland is terrible against the TE position means the Chargers use the short passing game to "run" the ball.

Starting Farrow vs CLE in one league. This has more to do with the CLE matchup and game flow where CLE has not won a game this year so should be a doormat playing from behind again in this one. Farrow is fresh. This is not because I think Farrow is talented ... no one is making that claim, but game flow and the best RB matchup in the league is inviting, imho.

Aside from BAL in week 2 (horrible options at RB at that time) and NYG week 12 (also very bad at RB) which was still not horrible, RBs of all shapes and sizes have had their way with CLE. Since week 8 RBs are averaging 31 ppg vs CLE.

WK

OPP

ATT

YDS

TD

PTS

@Phi

Bal

@Mia

@Wsh

NE

@Ten

@Cin

NYJ

Dal

@Bal

Pit

NYG

BYE

-

-

-

-

Cin

@Buf

Starting Farrow vs CLE in one league. This has more to do with the CLE matchup and game flow...
This is all very true; however there is a common narrative regarding Antonio Gates and being three TDs short of the record.  I could see the Chargers just ####### with the Browns all game long in an effort to get him closer to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all very true; however there is a common narrative regarding Antonio Gates and being three TDs short of the record.  I could see the Chargers just ####### with the Browns all game long in an effort to get him closer to it.
That narrative has been used all year to justify starting/drafting Gates. It might even be true, but execution of the plan doesn't discount Farrow facing the bad D narrative either. Farrow could run it in from 30 yards out, even if goal line looks are headed towards Gates (and I don't think they are 100% of the time). Am I to believe Farrow will down it on the one so Gates gets a TD? C'mon. CLE has given up a ton of long TDs this year.

That narrative has been used all year to justify starting/drafting Gates. It might even be true, but execution of the plan doesn't discount Farrow facing the bad D narrative either. Farrow could run it in from 30 yards out, even if goal line looks are headed towards Gates (and I don't think they are 100% of the time). Am I to believe Farrow will down it on the one so Gates gets a TD? C'mon. CLE has given up a ton of long TDs this year.
There's also Hillman to consider.  Farrow looked straight-up terrible.  I just think he's a prime candidate to disappoint this week.

There's also Hillman to consider.  Farrow looked straight-up terrible.  I just think he's a prime candidate to disappoint this week.
True, considering Hillman, even half of 31 ppg avg CLE is giving up to RBs would be good. Basically you are banking on a single TD for Farrow, and all the rest is gravy. Assuming he gets 15 carries at 3.3 ypc that is 5 points, plus a TD is 6, plus 3 catches for 20 is 5 more points. That's a 16 point baseline that is very plausible which also happens to fit right in to getting about half the 31 ppg CLE is giving up. Math works at least in the realm of probability, even with Hillman getting carries (17/7 touch split last game). If he gets two TDs or a big run or catch sprinkled in it goes up from there. CLE is a big play defense in the sense that a lot of the times the defenders look at each other and shrug their shoulders, giving up big plays.

Users who are viewing this thread