What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You guys have been great - so comments appreciated (1 Viewer)

Mr. Know-It-All

Footballguy
Well I scored 6th out of 8 teams in the playoffs last week due to some bad Week 14 matchups - but I played the guy that scored 8th so I advanced to the semis.  Looks like another underdog situation for me, so any input appreciated as I face off against the Brady/Bell owner.

My lineup (guys I am currently starting in bold - no waivers in playoffs so what I have is what I have to pick from).

qb - Rodgers @ Chi, Carr @ SD

rbs - Jennings v Det, Dixon v Phi, Booker v NE, Lewis @ Den, Smallwood IR

wr/te - Brown @ Cin, Graham v LA, M Thomas @ Ari, Boyd v Pit, Shepard v Det

k - Hopkins v Car, Lambo v Oak

dl - Mack @ SD, Vernon v Det, Wake @ NYJ

lb - Burfict v Pit, M Smith @ SD, McKinney v Jax, Jackson SUSP

db - Cyprien @ Hou, Jefferson v NO, Vaccaro SUSP

So really it comes down to Rodgers v Carr decision, RB picking 2 out of 4 where none is a stud, WR using Boyd or Shepard over AThomas if Thomas is a no go, K Hopkins v Lambo, and for my flex IDP choosing between Wake and one of the 3 LB.

qb - 3 pts at 250, +1 ea addl 25, 6 pt td, -1 int

rb/wr - 1 pt at 60, 80, and 100 combined, then +1 ea addl 15 yds, .5 ppr

k - 1 pt xp, 3 for 0-39, 4 for 40-49, 5 for 50-55, 6 for 56 +

IDP - 1 pt per UT, 2 pt per sack, int or safety, 1 pt per 1/2 sack, 6 pt per td (and for DL only .5 per AT)

Guy I am facing -

QB - Brady @ Den, Taylor v Cle

RB - Bell @ Cin, Stewart @ Was, Forte v Mia, Hightower @ Ari

wr/te - Edelman @ Den, Sanders v NE, Eifert v Pit, Jones v SF, Matthews @ KC, Fleener @ Ari, Ebron @ NYG

k - Vinatieri @ Min

dl - Dunlap v Pit, McDonald @ Dal, Ogbah @ Buf

lb - Mosely v Phi, Barr v Ind, Dansby v Pit, Ryan @ Chi

db - Weddle v Phi, McCourty @ Den, Peters v Ten

Literally a coinflip in my opinion because his Brady and Bell but I think I have a shot if a few decisions fall the right way.

Thoughts?

I know this somewhat goes against the always play your studs philosophy but I think Carr is close enough to a stud to say you are still playing a stud.  I would start Carr over Rodgers due to the sub-zero expected temperatures and the hammie/calf injuries he has.  He will not be mobile and has a possibility of re-injury.  Carr is studly enough that I think he is worth starting over Rodgers.

I would start Lewis over Jennings.  I think NE will have to utilize the backs more to move the ball against the Denver defense and I think Lewis has an impact.  I know it's risky but Jennings has been overtaken by Perkins and has done absolutely nothing over the past few games.  I think the upside of Lewis is much better as I think they have a similar floor. 

WR is tough.  I don't like Boyd (AJ Green is practicing) or Shepard (not enough volume) so you better hope Thomas is active.

Hopkins is my choice because when close always break the tie with the MNF kicker. 

I would actually start Wake but have  a difficult time figuring out who to take out.  I am leaning towards Vernon because I think having JPP out shifts all the focus to Vernon.  Wake had 2 sacks and 4 tackles last time they played the Jets.  The Jets are done so I think there is a good chance of a repeat.  It's hard to take out any of the LB's because they should all have nice floors and since the sacks aren't a huge upgrade in points you should play the tackle LB's for the floor.  I would take a chance and start Wake over Vernon.

Good Luck.

I would start Carr. I also like Dion this week ... if Thomas is out I guess Shepard would  be my choice, but Thomas if he plays for sure. Kicker - meh whatever. I'll just agree with Gally on the MNF thing (My usual advice on kickers is to play one - lol) and I don't know crap about individual D players :(

QB: Carr is your best shot here. The weather will tamper Rodgers let alone the nagging injuries. Good potential for a shootout with Carr as well.

RB: I suggest swapping Jennings out for Dion Lewis for the upside since you are a bit of an underdog here. Riskiest move big nice payoff potential.

WR: Antonio Brown good, Thomas good if playing. If Thomas out I would go with Boyd for the better floor vs Sharpe. In this case his floor is a bit too low.

TE: Graham

K: Hopkins

Sorry I don't play IDP's so I'd just be reading the Footballguys ratings back to you....

Please check out mine if you have time...

Users who are viewing this thread